• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**How to make additional unique faces**

F

Fa'atau82

**HOW TO GUIDE**

It works like this. In the woosaah 08 editor, if you select any player, if you go into their details it will have 3 types of numbers listed. They are: roster number, player ID and face ID. See the legend/key above for what and where they are.

If you pick a unique player, lets say 'Johnny Wilkinson' he already has a default face that EA made. This makes him a unique player. His face ID and player ID is the same.

If you pick a created player, lets say 'Danny Cipriani' he does not have a face in the game, and therefore has to be assigned a face ID. This is normally one of the generic faces. So his player ID and face ID typically will be different.

Now, if you would like to give Danny Cipriani a unique face (it has to be made by a facemaker first of course) then to do this you assign him a number that is not currently used as a face ID. So for this example, lets say the number 999 is not currently used for a face ID.

If you assign a non-existant face ID, when you save the roster and play the game with that roster, Danny Cipriani will have a face given to him automatically by the game itself, because the one he was assigned does not exist in the games database file called, data.gob. This is possible becaue the game creates a new, unique filename which is a .big file like all other files use for faces.

This filename can be found by using a program called Filemon. It does not exist in the data.gob of the game, but it is a legitimate .big file and can be added into the directory to create a new unique face ID. It can be done for at least 15 players at once also, but for this we will try one-at-a-time.

Once you have managed to get this filename, then you can add the face images and .o-file(s) and add it to the directory as per usual.

The result is now that if you play the game, Danny Cipriani will have changed from the game generated face to the face that has been made specifically for him. The result is another unique player, and his face ID and player ID will now be 999 and can be used exclusively for him.

As far as i am aware this can be performed for any number that is not used as a faceID, so it is potentially, infinite in the amount you can make. This will have to be tested properly as i am not sure if it is the non-existant number that creates the extra filename, or whether it is directly linked to one player.. but in any case it is possible to make a huge amount of faces, at least 1,903 of them in addition to the ones that already exist. All we need is to make a list and find the filenames and make a note of the non-existant number and in theory, any amount of faces can be added.

Any questions please post them here. The hardest part will be finding the filenames with filemon, but it's easy to use once you are trained to know what to do and look for to ID the filenames.

A few quick notes on this:

1. The player ID in Woosaah's editor is not always correct. If it displays as a negative number you will need to use my editor to get the correct Player ID (and thus face id).

2. Filemon has a search function and lists the faces in team order (from 1-15 home and then away). Therefore if you know the filename of player number 1, search for it, and below will be the id for number 2, number 3 etc.

I have to say that this is a kingwilko idea :D . I just tried for my Pumas facepack that will be released soon, and it works with 11 players (Pichot, I. F. Lobbe, and Contepomi brothers has his own faces). Apparently there is an unlimited number of faces avaible with this method.

A very important thing is that all facemakers must agree wich numbers they will use. I think that making a list is useless because we have to find wich ID's are not used.
So i think that the best idea is that kingwilko suggested: Use the player ID (DBindex in Woosaah's Editor) as the face ID.

For example Hernandez is number 27813 on MUP roster, i gave him the face ID 27813 with Woosaah's editor and the game had generate a BIG file. As it was explained you have to use Filemon to find the filename, all that you need to know is the filename of the player before (in this case Hernandez is the fly half so the player before is Pichot, the scrumhalf).

So you have to open Filemon and put the word "rugby" in the filter options to see only the files that Rugby 08 loads. Then run the game and play a match to make the game loads the faces. Go to Filemon again and use the "Find" command (Ctrl+F or "Edit/Find"). Paste the filename of the player before that the one you want to know (in this case Pichot is "565d26c03125277c078bc5fe9fbcd1c6.big"). You will see the list of the faces filenames in order (it's very useful if you want to make a team facepack). Now give the names to the faces files you want to use and that's all. ;)

I hope i made myself clear. If you didn't understand something just ask me or kingwilko. I could make a tutorial with caps if it's necessary.

Cheers and good faces!

Important clarification needed.

Don't use roster position i.e. 276 for Hernandez. Use player id i.e. 27813 for Hernandez.
This is really important otherwise you will end up assigning faces to players that already belong to other players.

Get the player id by looking at the DBindex field in Woosaah's editor (if positive) or the Player ID column in my editor.

Still confused, does everyone have to use same roster?? Cause different rosters have different id's don't they?

@ Xusky.. you will create a unique ID, which is one that shares the same playerID as the faceID. You don't have to use a different roster, you only have to make the player if he was missing in the roster, then add the .big to the directory (the actual face) and change his faceID to the one that was used originally for the face. You can't use numbers that are already taken though.

Ok cool I think I have successfully made a .big for Berrick Barnes. His dbindex was 6540 so I gave him that faceid. I then found the .big file and placed the player model and .fsh file. Put the .big file in 08 directory and wallah he has his own face id and file. Works fine on mine the test will be on someone else's.

Thanks for all the help in this thread. :)

You have to make sure though there is no existing faceID with the number 6540. I found out that pretty much just renaming a file works flawelessly, in this case even better as you have an unlimited number of numbers you can use to get that filename.

I found this out with the stadiums yesterday.

There is a 6538 and a 6541 but as far as I know there was no 6540. The file it generated was also not listed in the gob.xml file that I have.

There shouldn't be any overlap as the faces should be unique. Only possibility is lazy coding in the 06 to 08 conversion.
Player ID should be the same for existing players regardless of roster - it gets a bit more complex when you have created players as people may have different player ids for them.
As a quick check on existing face numbers my team editor lets you search by filename, face id or player id.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Oct 14 2008, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There shouldn't be any overlap as the faces should be unique. Only possibility is lazy coding in the 06 to 08 conversion.
Player ID should be the same for existing players regardless of roster - it gets a bit more complex when you have created players as people may have different player ids for them.
As a quick check on existing face numbers my team editor lets you search by filename, face id or player id.[/b]
Are we able to have access to this team editor?

Is this different to the face editor you created? Because I have that but cant seem to find a link to the team editor you speak of.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uli85 @ Oct 10 2008, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have to say that this is a kingwilko idea :D . I just tried for my Pumas facepack that will be released soon, and it works with 11 players (Pichot, I. F. Lobbe, and Contepomi brothers has his own faces). Apparently there is an unlimited number of faces avaible with this method.

A very important thing is that all facemakers must agree wich numbers they will use. I think that making a list is useless because we have to find wich ID's are not used.
So i think that the best idea is that kingwilko suggested: Use the player ID (DBindex in Woosaah's Editor) as the face ID.

For example Hernandez is number 27813 on MUP roster, i gave him the face ID 27813 with Woosaah's editor and the game had generate a BIG file. As it was explained you have to use Filemon to find the filename, all that you need to know is the filename of the player before (in this case Hernandez is the fly half so the player before is Pichot, the scrumhalf).

So you have to open Filemon and put the word "rugby" in the filter options to see only the files that Rugby 08 loads. Then run the game and play a match to make the game loads the faces. Go to Filemon again and use the "Find" command (Ctrl+F or "Edit/Find"). Paste the filename of the player before that the one you want to know (in this case Pichot is "565d26c03125277c078bc5fe9fbcd1c6.big"). You will see the list of the faces filenames in order (it's very useful if you want to make a team facepack). Now give the names to the faces files you want to use and that's all. ;)

I hope i made myself clear. If you didn't understand something just ask me or kingwilko. I could make a tutorial with caps if it's necessary.

Cheers and good faces!
[/b]
Would be awesome if you could do that. I'm not quite sure what to do.

yeah i tried it out but filemon just confused me and i didn't know where to look for the generated face id