• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to counteract Sarries?

stus768

Bench Player
What are people thoughts on how teams should be looking to beat Sarries?

A lot of teams seem to be trying to kick the ball back to them, playing their game. Not only does this make terrible viewing but you're not going to beat them at their own game.

How to counteract Sarries?

Take 2 aspirin and if symptoms persist consult your GP.

They're an extreme example of the forwards win matches adage. Sometimes wish they'd be a little more ambitious - they have the platform - but they've got a winning formula and they stick to it. The best thing about them is that they have a very clear vision of what they're trying to achieve. That, allied to a stable squad which seems to be united by a common purpose, is very powerful and the kind of "culture" than Lancaster could only ever dream of.

How to beat them? Tough, but you won't do it without close to parity up front.

I think the posts so far have been spot on. Match them up front then see what happens. If the scrum and driving maul aren't dominant, then Sarries will have to look to plan B. Problem is, they've dominated everyone they've come up against this year and so it's easier said than done! When they next play Exeter, I think they could have some problems. They have a very strong pack and could stop the winning streak.

I would like to hope thats the case, but its only in a few weeks time and we could be playing without Hepburn, Cowan-Dickie, Lees, Welch, Ewers and Salvi in the forwards as well as Slade and Hill in the backs. They are all first team players but hopefully some will make a recovery before the match. It should be a cracker anyway.

ITs on first weekend of 6N , at sandy park, so sarries will be missing a big chunk of their players.

The salary cap issue is kinda getting zzzzzz's now and I'm sure for the most part we use a money ball system like in the states. No pun intended with the money ball lol.

Hi fellow Sarries fan! I am currently doing my dissertation at university on reasons why Saracens fans attend home matches and their identification to the club. I would really appreciate it if you could please help me with my research and complete this 2 minute survey - http://goo.gl/forms/6DSLkJTHBx . Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi fellow Sarries fan! I am currently doing my dissertation at university on reasons why Saracens fans attend home matches and their identification to the club. I would really appreciate it if you could please help me with my research and complete this 2 minute survey - http://goo.gl/forms/6DSLkJTHBx . Thank you!

Latest posts