• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to become a professional Rugby player?

It's about an hour/45mins. drive from my house. To Saracens it's 15-20 mins. and to Wasps it's about half an hour.

I don't think 'Quins have a youth section.

mate the best way is to get footage of you playing. send the dvd to a sports agency (there are plenty out there and they dont charge) and then if they think you are worthwhile then they will send the footage off to pro clubs. its how i did it

Another way to play pro/international is...
Go abroad, find urselve a two bits country like Indonesia, stay there for 3 years and then u can be an internationaL!!!!
just like me... :p
I am a double international, playing for Arabian Gulf and Indonesia...

From my experience acdemy players are usually picked at about 14 from representitive sides and are stuck with right till the age of 18 where some are cut. You should need to be at a rugby school really, if you're not then you generally don't get looked at. Being the best of them is one way in. The other way is by joining lower league teams and either getting through by being signed up by or being part of the promoted team or by getting scouted.

To stand out you need to be fit fast and strong (eat your greens!). You also have to be loud to stand out - never stop cummnicating. It also helps to grow earlier than all your friends.

Although this is all based on the english system

Get scouted

well...

Could anyone tell me how can you become a professional Rugby player? What do you have to do? How can you be picked? etc.

Thx

Disturbed

Well I play for a club and to become a pro rugby player you don't just work hard eat healthy like all the rubbish everyone says on these Internet forums. I play for London wasps academy and have recently bennett put into the elite player group. To get there I was playing in the national finals with my team and some scouts representing my county were there . From being contacted by them I started playing for my county and then from there to London wasps. The point is you have to play for a good club and then get into good competitions and from there you will hopefully picked but there's nothing you can do to become
One you have to goo through the whole system gods luck

Latest posts