• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Highlanders own Crusaders in Christchurch

Yeah, can't say I saw this one coming... Highlanders have struggled to beat everyone this year. How on earth they managed to convincingly dispose of the Crusaders I've no idea. Good on them though! Hopefully this means that someone other than Canterbury might just win this year.

And people were saying the mighty Highlanders shouldn't be in the competition in the future....SHAME ON YOU!

I thought it was a really complacent performance from the Crusaders. Fair play to the Highlanders but the Crusaders were just going through the motions. Think we will see a much more motivated team in the knockout stages. Must admit though that performance has been coming recently as they havent been the force of old lately.

Crusaders would of been in nobody get any injuries mode but still a good win for the Highlanders.

Let's be honest, the Highlanders were ruined at the end of last season by a bunch of selfish b*stards leaving all at the end of the same season. Led chiefly by "player-power, coach-basher" Anton Oliver. He really should've moved on earlier, but he instead wanted to push to go to the '07 World Cup where he was one of the senior players pointed out in a recent review as deciding to "worry more about the semi-final". If half of those self-serving "me-first" losers had buggered off earlier we would've had a more ready squad this year.

Anyhow rant over. The Highlanders should stay in the competition. They have one re-building year and it's suggested they're out? What about the Chiefs of a few years ago? They've finished last amongst the NZ teams more often than any other! Bottom line is, NO NZ TEAM SHOULD GO!

The Highlanders were brilliant tonight and the Crusaders were average. If they'd played like that they'd have beaten half the teams in the comp, but the other half would've taught them a big lesson. The Highlanders outplayed their position on the table and instead played like they'd were in 6th or something.

Well done boys and now my support goes to the Hurricanes and Crusaders for finals games.

Can someone tell me if the canes are in or out please?, I haven't been following the Rugger as much lately so don't have a clue what the story is.

<div class='quotemain'> Canes are in at 3rd place and will play the Waratahs in Sydney next week. [/b]

No theyre 4th facing the Crusaders
[/b][/quote]

The 'Canes would be the most capable team left of toppling us. I actually think we will get done next weekend. Leaving the 'Canes to play the Waratahs in the final, with the 'Canes winning.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Canes are in at 3rd place and will play the Waratahs in Sydney next week. [/b]

No theyre 4th facing the Crusaders
[/b][/quote]

The 'Canes would be the most capable team left of toppling us. I actually think we will get done next weekend. Leaving the 'Canes to play the Waratahs in the final, with the 'Canes winning. [/b][/quote]

I hope your right.

The Crusaders need to pick themselves back up and look to the future.
Although I find it amazing that the Crusaders couldn't get a single point in the second half.

A lot of those guys are going to become All Blacks and couldn't do a single thing against the Highlanders.

Kinda has me worried.

Latest posts