• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Get your tickets, final in Barcelona could be a sell-out..

FrenchFan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulouse
50000 tickets have already been sold for the T14 final at Nou Camp in Barcelona. LNR are putting out another 10000 for sale today. These should be snapped-up.

I know of many fans who have already booked their tickets regardless of who makes the final.

Stadium's full capacity is 98000 seats. I bet it'll be a sell-out well before we get into the play-offs

50000 tickets have already been sold for the T14 final at Nou Camp in Barcelona. LNR are putting out another 10000 for sale today. These should be snapped-up.

I know of many fans who have already booked their tickets regardless of who makes the final.

Stadium's full capacity is 98000 seats. I bet it'll be a sell-out well before we get into the play-offs[/QUO

Whatever happens this will be a new World record for a rugby final, or even any rugby game that is rugby union!! and even beats Max's great efforts in the past, not sure how much you will see if you are seated in the Gods but the Atmosphere and Ambiance no doubt will be fantastic, can Barcelona cope with 100,000 rugby fans and is there enough beer in Spain on that weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final is not in France as no Stadium is available of any size because of the Euro footie comp this has nothing to do with businessBS as you so nicely put in.

Yes i know, Euro etc, you are right. But, i still think that finals should be played in France. Goze is one of the boss of french cataluna, who do you think had that brillant idea? It makes no sense at all for french fans to cross france to go in spain for finals.
Only 10 stadiums are busy for euro. Wich leaves available ALL stadiums in bretagne and east france.
Why not for example in Strasbourg, with its 45000 p stadium? Or in Nantes, or Rennes?
Or maybe renting the Noucamp is something of course full of sense...Tickets will be given to make the stadium full, and the record will cost money, as it did most of the time with Max at SF.
I know it sounds conservative etc, but finals should be played in france, no matter what imo.

This is a one off for reasons i have already mentioned, You talk about Nantes or Rennes 45,000 is absolutely absurd, the French final is always a full house of 82,000 nearly twice the amount of the Stadiums you mentioned. Have you ever tried to get a tcket for more than yourself or a few friends, not easy, nearly impossible but Barcelona will be tickets galore enough for people to go with friends and family for an experience that does not happen every year for most. Also for the south of France it is easier to go to Barcelona than Nantes, Rennes or Strasbourg, there are 50,000tickets already sold and we are on Day 8 of the TOP 14, they will not be giving anything away unless you are in high places!!! The places you mentioned are not great rugby areas no Top 14 or very little Pro D2 and i personnally think the people who pay good money to watch pro games should be able to watch the finals, they are the ones who fill the stadiums every week with their money not the Fed or lower divisions where ticket price are much less. As i sais this is a one off it will not happen again for a very long time and how many people are going to enjoy this, much more than the Paris final. European rugby has been played in Spain before with success so why noy this years final. I for one will be going...........

i dont doubt you will go, you are in Montpellier...
Im very glad this finals concerns only one quarter of the population, and barcelonians.
It is always possible to put it in paris, just move it from one day, or 2. Many many soultions exists to make it happen in france, rest is as i said, bs.
Still better to devellop rugby in Alsace than in catalogne, even with only 45 000 people in stadium.
Dont be so sure this will never happen again.

it seeems pointless discussing this, did we moan when the semis were in Lille or Nantes no of course not, this does not concern one quarter of the population this concerns the whole of France, the Stadiums are not available either one or two days either side please understand!!!! You do not develope rugby anywhere by hosting a final in that area you develope rugby by ecoles de rugby getting the younger elements interested, bringing in rugby education in schools etc etc not by holding a final in a 45,000 footie stadium which will be difficult for the teams involved to travel too. Barcelona is connected by air and TGV so no problems there and can cope with 98,000 people attending and i can asure that is a one off no more no less, afterwards it will be back in Paris. If you are going to relpy please make some concrete reasons for it!!!

Last edited:

Stadium's full capacity is 98000 seats. I bet it'll be a sell-out well before we get into the play-offs[/QUO

Whatever happens this will be a new World record for a rugby final, or even any rugby game that is rugby union!! and even beats Max's great efforts in the past, not sure how much you will see if you are seated in the Gods but the Atmosphere and Ambiance no doubt will be fantastic, can Barcelona cope with 100,000 rugby fans and is there enough beer in Spain on that weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Record for attendance is 109874 in Sydney Oz V NZ july 2000, the NH record was set in March 1975 for Scotland V Wales attendance 104000.
However if the final sells 92,000 in Barcelona would certainly be a club record.
By the way who do you fancy as your next coach if JW leaves for England which the bookies are suggesting will happen ?

i dont doubt you will go, you are in Montpellier...
Im very glad this finals concerns only one quarter of the population, and barcelonians.
It is always possible to put it in paris, just move it from one day, or 2. Many many soultions exists to make it happen in france, rest is as i said, bs.
Still better to devellop rugby in Alsace than in catalogne, even with only 45 000 people in stadium.
Dont be so sure this will never happen again.

If you look at the 12 clubs in the top 14 outside of Paris they are collectively 7530km from Paris average of 627.5km each, these clubs are collectively 6635km from Barcelona an average of 553km.
6 of the 12 are nearer to Barcelona and 6 nearer to Paris, so overall nothing much to choose distance wise, however from a travelling point of view Barcelona wins hands down , with better access by road and plane, together with the stadiums capacity, not to mention the weather will probably be better.

it seeems pointless discussing this, did we moan when the semis were in Lille or Nantes no of course not,
Actually, plenty of people were moaning on Rugbyrama because it was deemed to be too far away from the rugby areas of France.

Rugby fans dont live only where top14 clubs are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i assure you that it is easier for most france to reach an area in it rather than in spain.

Nobody moans for Nantes or Lille cos those towns are in france in areas fans dont have the chance to have a top14 club.
I insist on the fact that i prefer by far usin top14 to develop rugby in dead areas in france rather than in barcelona.
Let the finals be in france.

Only for this i wish a SF - Racing final, so the "rugby area fans" will have the chance to see their most beloved teams in Barcelona.

And im sorry but the finals in france is a tradition i am attached too.

Last edited:
Actually, plenty of people were moaning on Rugbyrama because it was deemed to be too far away from the rugby areas of France.

It's a great location for Perpignan rugby fan's I know they have played several games in Barcelona, I saw them beat Toulouse there a couple of years ago and after all Perpignan are Catalans firstly and French second, just the same as Barcelona is Catalan before Spanish. I would love for Montpellier to get to the final next year it would be fitting for proud Catalonian Nicholas Mas to top his career with another final and maybe adding a winners medal to the losers medal he won with USAP in 2004.

- - - Updated - - -

Rugby fans dont live only where top14 clubs are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i assure you that it is easier for most france to reach an area in it rather than in spain.

Nobody moans for Nantes or Lille cos those towns are in france in areas fans dont have the chance to have a top14 club.
I insist on the fact that i prefer by far usin top14 to develop rugby in dead areas in france rather than in barcelona.
Let the finals be in france.

Only for this i wish a SF - Racing final, so the "rugby area fans" will have the chance to see their most beloved teams in Barcelona.

And im sorry but the finals in france is a tradition i am attached too.

Try telling the Catalans from France that Barcelona is in a different country.

I would love for Montpellier to get to the final next year it would be fitting for proud Catalonian Nicholas Mas to top his career with another final and maybe adding a winners medal to the losers medal he won with USAP in 2004.

What you ment to say was i would love for Montpellier to get to the final so Nico Mas could add another winners medal to the one he won in the 2009 final v Clermont

- - - Updated - -

valley commando; Try telling the Catalans from France that Barcelona is in a different country.[/QUOTE said:
Cataluna tries to be independant from spain, and dont give a ****t about french cataluna. This isnt Pays Basque.

Cataluna tries to be independant from spain, and dont give a ****t about french cataluna. This isnt Pays Basque.

i think its time to stop and think about what you are saying you are starting to mislead yourself.

Last edited:
i think its time to stop and think about what you are saying you are starting to mislead yourself.

nope, im answering to the catalans regionalist feelings Valley suggested about htat area.
Just read above...
By the way, i dont know where u get your informations about stadiums, but on the 24th of june , not one football match will be played, as for Stade de france, it will be used only 3-4 times, not even close to the top14 final period.
So it IS possible, tyo play that match in France, anywhere. Since on the 24th of june, not one single match of football will be played.
You are happy to go in barcelona cos u live nearby , im happy for you. Rest of france above Clermont can just go to hell i guess. I ll be so pleased to help develop rugby in spain when half of france cannot have this chance.
All you said about stadiums, schedule etc is 100% false, im sorry.
Renting Nou camp is stupid, im happy french rugby goes so well we have too much money .

"Je ne vais pas dire que j'étais contre car j'en suis un peu l'instigateur. Il n'y avait pas d'autres vraies solutions. Pour plus de la moitié du monde du rugby, Barcelone est plus près que Paris. C'est une ville unanimement reconnue comme attractive et festive et il n'y avait aucune raison de ne pas le faire là-bas. Il s'avère que cela intervient quand moi, qui suis Catalan, est président de la Ligue mais c'est un concours de circonstances. Ce n'est pas moi qui ai choisi de faire l'Euro de foot en France et la Coupe du monde en Angleterre !"

paul Goze justifying HIS choice, despite the political warning.
Notice how he insist on the "world of rugby" in france. So pathetic and untrue. His opinion is that rugby fans only live in 2 department basically, and that the rest dont exist.
First of all, rugby in catalogne is dead for a long time now, and he IS responsible for the USAP bankrupcy.
And again, rugby fans are all over france. Bretagne, Alsace, Auvergne, Nord etc.
So if we had a majority a club in north france, u d be glad to have the finals in Rotterdam?
Come on , be honest, this is pure business, nothing more.
Regionalism is the first path to nationalism. I consider retarded all people organizing rugby only trhu this prism, and this is what Goze does.

I wait for Itm cup to held its final in australia, and why not the state of origin happening in new zealand. Or moving english final in belgium. ridiculous.
First he lies sayin there are no other solutions, he lies so much its incredible.
Then he of course blame others
And then explain how he considers himself above any political recomendations. Bravo french rugby, better and better.

I sugest you read this too. http://www.lesechos.fr/04/11/2014/l...r-le-nou-camp-pour-une-finale-du-top-14--.htm

Last edited:
As i have said previously this is a one off Final because of the footie , the stadiums are not available !!! Full stop they are not available!!! London Rome were looked at and they decided on Barcelona, i really can't see why you are going nuts on this, its a one off!!!
Paul Goze did not bankrupt USAP, they did that all by themselves, rugby does not exist in only 2 departement of France that is absolutely ridicuous and pathetic that you think the same. I am not going to continue with this argument as i will say again IT IS A ONE OFF DECISION!!!! The Final will return to Paris in 2017 and when or if the new Stadium is built it wil be in Paris forever.

Might be a long shot I know but here goes, Four London Irish fans from the UK will be in Barcelona over the Top 14 Finals weekend and intended to get tickets for the game, not realising that it had already sold out. If anyone has tickets which they no longer can use, or don't want to go, please contact us.

We will be in Barcelona anyway whatever happens, so hopefully see some of you there.

Might be a long shot I know but here goes, Four London Irish fans from the UK will be in Barcelona over the Top 14 Finals weekend and intended to get tickets for the game, not realising that it had already sold out. If anyone has tickets which they no longer can use, or don't want to go, please contact us.

We will be in Barcelona anyway whatever happens, so hopefully see some of you there.

As you said you will be in Barcelona for the weekend, please understand the final is on Friday 24th June ko 21.00 i think. if you go on the LNR site there maybe at some point tickets for sale that have been returned. Good Luck !!!