• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game goes to desktop

A

alijk1989

Hi I have recently reinstalled my Rugby 08 game and I can get to the point just before the main screen when it asks you to press any button to continue. When I do this it flicks back to the desktop and I can't get the game back up on my screen despite it still appearing on my Start Bar.

If I try and maximise it nothing happens. This happens both with and without the MUP or any mod for that matter so I think it is my computer that is to blame.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well it could be some of these:

- .rdf file is corrupt, but unlikely
- game settings are set too high/low in the game
- you have deleted an ea rugby system file

Do you get any error messages? have you tried any other games? It might be a faulty video card or something like that.

Drivers, it's always drivers! Have you updated your video card drivers?

Just updated my video card drivers and that didn't fix the problem.

How would I check if the settings are too high or low in the game without being able to access the game?

Where do I find the Rugby 08 system files to find if I have deleted one of them?

Thanks

Hi I have got the same problem. But only with some game modes like heineken cup

Are there any patches etc. available for the game on the EA website. I don't know anything specific about this game, as I've never played it, but it's usually the same for all games. EA are known for putting games on sale before they are 100% stable, which usually results in a few patches coming out to solve any small glitches which arise due to hardware compatibility problems etc.

What video cards/onboard video are you guys running? Maybe they aren't up to the task of running this game?

Here's a link that might to usefull. It's from the EA forums and has a thread dedicated to the game crashign to desktop.

Look through your hard drive and delete any Rugby 08 files and then re-install

Its on my laptop so the video card is not "officially" supported. However I have had it running on this laptop before so I am not sure if its that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cicco1187 @ Apr 5 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've just won the european championship and it crashed =([/b]

Mine has just done the same thing, i won the euro chap then the whole thing crashes, i even tried a complete new & clean install with no mods and it still crashes, any ideas anyone ???its very stable although the game just this crash

Latest posts