• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Frans Steyn set for SA return

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Sarugby.com reports that Frans Steyn is set to return to SA following the conclusion of his involvement with French top tier dometic rugby (Top 14) with Paris based club Racing Metro.

http://www.sarugby.com/2011/05/26/steyn-set-to-return-to-sa/

I post this in the International sectio as he is apparently not to play Super rugby and is due a month's rest before starting training for probable inclusion in the 3N this year. Its a pity because it'd be good to see his efforts in S15 rugby to be able to compare apples with apples but his true value to SA's bid at the RWC this year will probably be his big boot at the back as well as those trademark 60m penalty goals and 3N rugby will probably be the best test of his value in this regard.

WTFWTFWTWF. HOW CAN HE NOT BE IN SHARKS!!

He has been up and down but he is our best young player! He must play Super rugby. He will be slow and stupid after playing in stupid northern hemishpere rugby. They only like scrums and lineouts up there. And kicking for 3 points.

As opposed to the glorious, free flowing rugby the Springboks play?

bazinga.gif

Hahah you ffunny oke. We are talking Super rugby here. Where all the teams run a lot and score tries. I did not realise we had jumped to international rugby. In international rugby you are right - the Bokke then scrum and lineout the northern hemisphere at their own game. And win easily when doing it. Thanks for the reminder.

Ireland vs South Africa

Played 20 matches.
South Africa 15 wins
Ireland 4 wins
1 Draw

26% winning ratio for Ireland.

Wait, it gets better

BEFORE READMISSION

Games played 12
Irish wins 1
South African wins 10
Draws 1

Irish winning percentage sits at 10%

Looks like our quota systems and conservative approach as a result of those quota systems helped you guys improve your record against us. Please send the ANC a post card, although I am sure the All Blacks have them inundated with their thanks.

Ireland vs South Africa

Played 20 matches.
South Africa 15 wins
Ireland 4 wins
1 Draw

26% winning ratio for Ireland.

Wait, it gets better

BEFORE READMISSION

Games played 12
Irish wins 1
South African wins 10
Draws 1

Irish winning percentage sits at 10%

Looks like our quota systems and conservative approach as a result of those quota systems helped you guys improve your record against us. Please send the ANC a post card, although I am sure the All Blacks have them inundated with thanks.

Ah, very good. That obviously proves that you guys play free running rugby. No team can win by kicking the ball, it's impossible. Good for you. It must be nice to have the quota excuse to trot out every time you lose. Couldn't be that you guys were the worse team, no?

Hahah you ffunny oke. We are talking Super rugby here. Where all the teams run a lot and score tries. I did not realise we had jumped to international rugby. In international rugby you are right - the Bokke then scrum and lineout the northern hemisphere at their own game. And win easily when doing it. Thanks for the reminder.

I'd hardly call it winning easy. Last time out you scraped wins over Wales and Ireland, lost to Scotland and produced a good display against England. The time before you lost to Ireland, Leicester Tigers and Saracens. Hardly winning easy surely? Please try to open the other eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I really shouldn't have. But I don't see them having the ability to actually formulate an arguement, so I'll emerge victorious and will have lots of glory to bask in.

Look ok you are right. A tour at the ends of our season and the beginning of a fresh season for you is the betetr way to judge the sides. Also a experiment tour with all the youngsters is good way to judge. You are right. I dont really want to argue with international rugby. Our current coach isnt all that good and doesnt really understand rugby - i think sometimes he is confused that the ball isnt round, and he wonders when the Bokke will win some corners to shoot into the penalty box.

I was talking of the Super rugby when you started talking of the Test rugby. In super rugby our sides run more and score more tries when your funny leagues play in the rain the whole time to win with penalties. The only reason you guys score tries is cos of all the southern hemisphere players showing you how to score tries. But it makes them slow and not on the ball. When they come back it takes a while for them to speed up again and play proper rugby. The only guy who came back good was percy montgomonery. But he was very bad to start with so it was easy to come back better after learning to kick in Wales.

lolz! i dnt get hw da nh teamz lik inglAnd nd Irland cn't tlk bout kikn' in ****, cuz wen SA do it, tey still bt dem, bt we play exsiting rgby in S15, wer we av da fastst nd bst team in da wrlds, bu da quota iz da only reazon dat SA dnt alwyz win Nyway. We evn beat da ENGLAND in da 2007 Wrld Cp, so tey SLAUGHTED only da women nd da children in da boer war cuz day cldn't beat da BOK! NH rgby iz were old SA plyers go 2 retire, wen thy get too old 4 da bst teams eva! We wld av 1 in 87 wrld cp, but we wern't alowed cuz evry1 teamz up against da BOK!

Justice4Bakkies!

I tried Google Translate but it didn't recognize the language

SHHeeeeEEEESH and I just wanted to let people know Frans is coming back and is set to get some time to get up to speed in the 3N.

SHHeeeeEEEESH and I just wanted to let people know Frans is coming back and is set to get some time to get up to speed in the 3N.

Ja but look now you see you said "up to speed" again. Now you are going to get into a fight becaus the northerners hate it when you say their rugby is slow. Maybe on this website im not allowed to say that. And all I wanted to say was that i just wish Frans would play for the Sharks again now this season instead of relaxing at home doing nothing.

Latest posts