• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs Samoa

S

St Helens RLFC

Well, these two might have expected to have met down the line, but I reckon they will have both had their eyes on the semi final playoff. I know I certainly had that down as that match.

It'll be hard for them to get up for this game but I would expect that the French have a big point to prove and I can see them winning out.

France is having trouble with the athletic and agile big men of Samoa... It's like watching the game with Fiji all over again. I am really impressed with both Samoa and Fiji player's athleticism.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javen @ Nov 9 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
France is having trouble with the athletic and agile big men of Samoa... It's like watching the game with Fiji all over again. I am really impressed with both Samoa and Fiji player's athleticism.[/b]
Its a shame for Samoa to play well for most of the tournament, play 3 games and win 2 of them and yet still come 2nd last in the world cup. I think another team or two shouldve been added to pool c and b so you can have clear cut winners anstead of situations like this where u have the teams only going through on percentage even though each team has won just as many games as each other. Itll be interesting after this tournament to see where Rugby League for the Pacific Nations goes from here. Will they get more games and or get involved in a format/tournament thatll be meaningfull and productive, or slide back into obscurity and only play in a handfull of matches which mean next to nothing for the next couple of years.

..a 66.6% win ratio or a 2-1 record, and they come 2nd last?

No wonder they don't waste their time with it.