• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Final match of season Pumas v oz in England !!! Why?

Nubiwan

Bench Player
Seems a bit odd having a match like this in England. Might I ask, what's the point?

Is is this some attempt to expose the tournament to an as yet untapped northern hemisphere following? My guess is that those of us (northerners) interested in watching super rugby, and the rugby championship, tri nations before that, have already been sold a long time ago.

This coming in response to the tepid rugby fayre we already see in some of the 6N, magners and European Cup competitions, which I rarely bother with anyway. Well, that's my opinion at least. Perhaps a little unfair to excitement generated by 6N, but even that can get bogged down at times.

just do not see the point in the exercise of playing a RC match in London. They expecting to draw a full house? Can someone explain the rationale?

Yeah why bring that SH rubbish up here to compete with the real rugby played in the NH........

Probably because most of the SH rugby unions are more or less skint?

Don't particularly like this precedent and a shame for Argentinian rugby fans given their team will be playing in Europe just a couple of months later. If they are struggling for cash that much then fair enough but if they were to play overseas anywhere id rather it was Japan to advertise the sport in a growing market and build up interest in the World Cup. Plus Japan might actually join the tournament one day so may be more relevant.

Don't particularly like this precedent and a shame for Argentinian rugby fans given their team will be playing in Europe just a couple of months later. If they are struggling for cash that much then fair enough but if they were to play overseas anywhere id rather it was Japan to advertise the sport in a growing market and build up interest in the World Cup. Plus Japan might actually join the tournament one day so may be more relevant.

+1

It will likely be a sellout, and even with the hire fee, make far more money for them than any SH stadium. Simple.

It will likely be a sellout, and even with the hire fee, make far more money for them than any SH stadium. Simple.

Not so sure that an Argentina V Australia rugby test (which might have no meaning on the outcome of the championship at all), is going to be that big of a draw to sell out Twickenham. Just don't see it.

Can see it flopping to be honest. Perhaps I will be proven wrong. Won't be the first time. :)

Last edited:
Not so sure that an Argentina V Australia rugby test (which might have no meaning on the outcome of the championship at all), is going to be that big of a draw to sell out Twickenham. Just don't see it.

Can see it flopping to be honest. Perhaps I will be proven wrong. Won't be the first time. :)

I would be surprised if it was not sold out as there always some who will pay to watch anything at Twickers!!

The stadium will be full, it's a nailed on England win.
All the haughty stripey Blazer brigade will be there in their debenture seats guffawing and slugging Cognac from their silver hip flasks.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

well, in this case:

££££££££££££

Latest posts