• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fiji vs France

S

St Helens RLFC

Well, this is an interesting game. I have never seen the Fijians play league before so I have no idea what to expect from them.

The French know what they have to do - if they win the match then they have qualified for the semi final playoff.

I'm going to go with France to win - but maybe I'm uninformed, we'll soon see.

Fiji look the weakest of the Polynesian teams only experienced NRL players are Hayne and Naquama but they arent that great anyway.

France to win, Bosc to dominate.

I'd go along with that. I certainly expect the Fijians to be physical but quality always tells.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 1 2008, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fiji look the weakest of the Polynesian teams only experienced NRL players are Hayne and Naquama but they arent that great anyway.

France to win, Bosc to dominate.[/b]

What about Simms? How the hell does he qualify for Fiji anyway?

42 - 6!
So much for "quality always tells", excellent communication for Fiji, great defending too. But France just looked unprepared, maybe underestimated the opponent?

Total ownage!!!. Great effort by Fiji. Just from this game I'm picking them to beat Samoa. Big call but they look the goods.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Nov 1 2008, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Total ownage!!!. Great effort by Fiji. Just from this game I'm picking them to beat Samoa. Big call but they look the goods.[/b]
They looked reeealy tired in the end, but didn't stop em from running up the score lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 1 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 1 2008, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

France to win, Bosc to dominate.[/b]

What about Simms? How the hell does he qualify for Fiji anyway?
[/b][/quote]

Has a Fijian mother.

Wow didn't expect this at all. Thought France would win this one.

Bloody hell.. in the fantasy comp I'm in instead of picking a second Fijian player (Fiji play twice in this round) I picked Bosc for France, who I reckon probably played shithouse.

Fair play to Fiji, they gave France a good hammering in the end. I had France down as being the 4th semi finalist - it will take a massive bottle job from the Fijians to not win this group now.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

GO FIJI!!!!!!!!!!

thass how we dooo...yezzzurr!!!

smashed em...best game ive seen in the world cup.....tries galore!

in the pacific tri nations we beat tonga 30-28...but lost to samoa 30-28

close games...so who said we're the weakest out of the 3 pacific nations???

Whilst it's good to have him back, that very question has been on my lips.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 2 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fair play to Fiji, they gave France a good hammering in the end. I had France down as being the 4th semi finalist - it will take a massive bottle job from the Fijians to not win this group now.[/b]

I thought the same especially since the catalans came into super league there play against nz etc has gone up a lot in recent tests. they didn't bring any of that to this tournament sadly and seem to be just going through the motions in their matches.

Wow that was a real pummeling. The Fijians looked like big alround athletes. With their current form they should beat Samoa in the playoff for the fourth spot (assuming Samoa beat Ireland). However Samoa have a habit of never being intimidated by the bigger Fijians. So the game could go any way when the two meet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 2 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What the **** is kinkon doing back..[/b]

ahahahahaha yeh man...i didnt have an internet connection for a while....lol

"guess whose back??? dun dun dunnnn" :D

fiji nailed them.
It was so beautifull to see those fijians play, I even think the French were enjoying it.
All their tries were pure beauties.

I couldnt believe how easy work the fijians made of France, they looked like pure naturals for a country with only around 600 registerd players. To come out and play like that is astounding, some of the trys they scored were jaw dopping especially the 3rd try scored by Akuila Uate.
The start was also interesting with the team singing a prayer instead of performing the Cibi. If Im correct The fijian 15s coach wants noone but the Fijian national rugby union team to perfom it to keep it sacred so it was a little different. I do hope they create their own unique wadance for their national league team as the Tongans and Samoans have done (well maybe the samoans stole theirs but the manu samoa dont perfom that Siva Tau anymore). Anyways well done Fiji, hopefully more to come (except when they lay Samoa :p )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ws4life @ Nov 3 2008, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I couldnt believe how easy work the fijians made of France, they looked like pure naturals for a country with only around 600 registerd players. To come out and play like that is astounding, some of the trys they scored were jaw dopping especially the 3rd try scored by Akuila Uate.
The start was also interesting with the team singing a prayer instead of performing the Cibi. If Im correct The fijian 15s coach wants noone but the Fijian national rugby union team to perfom it to keep it sacred so it was a little different. I do hope they create their own unique wadance for their national league team as the Tongans and Samoans have done (well maybe the samoans stole theirs but the manu samoa dont perfom that Siva Tau anymore). Anyways well done Fiji, hopefully more to come (except when they lay Samoa :p )[/b]

Bula WS4life,
The Fiji Bati have their own pre-game war chant called the QURUQURUVATU, the reason they did not perform the Cibi or the Quruquruvatu was due to their religious beliefs , nothing to do with Tabua (Fiji 15s coach). Tabua and the FRU do not have any authority over the use of the Cibi, only the Bauan chiefs do.

re: Fiji vs France
To be honest that was the 1st time in a very long time I've seen the Fiji Bati play. League is not really big in Fiji but, I'm sure this should draw the attention of a few more youngsters to the sport.

Groome and Uate were outstanding, it was a good performance from all the boys throughout the game. I didn't expect Fiji to win a game and I didn't expect France to get thrashed by 36 points.

Samoa v Fiji should be a good game, but we have to be very careful with Ireland and Scotland, they will come out all guns blazing.

re: Simms
his mother is from the Ba province in Fiji....Simms, Millard and Haynes have maternal links to Fiji.

yeh and jarred haynes mum is from ONEATA, LAU...thass where im from

thass how we do it in the island of mozzies!