• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Natal Sharks - GWK Griquas (23-09-2011, 19:10)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Kings Park, Durban (23-09-2011, 19:10)
Natal Sharks.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
GWK Griquas.png

Ref:

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Natal Sharks [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] GWK Griquas [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Stefan Terblanche [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Sibusiso Sithole [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Marius Joubert [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Meyer Bosman [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Lwazi Mvovo [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Frederic Michalak [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ross Cronje [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Keegan Daniel (c) [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jean Deysel [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jacques Botes [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Alistair Hargreaves [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Anton Bresler [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Eugene van Staden [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Kyle Cooper [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Dale Chadwick [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Monde Hadebe [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Wiehahn Herbst [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ross Skeate [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Marcell Coetzee [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Charl McLeod [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Adrian Jacobs [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Louis Ludik [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Oupa at 15 again...

Anyways, nice to see Cooper making his run on debut, whilst Ross Cronje also returns to the starting XV.

ARGH!!! OUPA! Wat doen jy?!? Die eerste skop van die wedstryd, en jy maak dit kak.

Ag nie, Jason Jafta is die BINYAG vir die tweede keer!

Terblanche has gifted the Griquas thios match on a platinum platter. Michalak and Cronje have been beyond crap as well, problems down Kings Park way...

Last edited:
Just saw the first Griquas try; the hell was Terblanche doing??
Griquas just scored, they lead 15-14.

I reckon these alst two weeks I have witnessed some of the worst Sharks Currie Cup rugby I have ever seen. Poor, dire, amateurish, child-like tackling. Off loading when it isn't on, trying those miracle passes, crap passing from the half-backs, yet more dire kicking from Oupa, forwards getting pinged for sealing and diving over the ruck.

And now, the last three resets the ref has been speaking to the Griquas props, next one that goes down he pings us. :/

Charl McLeod giving us nice, quick, clean and accurate ball. Looks a class apart from the pish served up prior.

Last edited:
TRY! Meyer Bosman uses his bulk and drags a few Griquas defenders over the line 5m out.
He converts his try, 21-18 to the Sharks, 62 minutes.

I have the Sharks only winning this game by ten on Superbru looks like I'm doing pretty good on that pick so far

Try for Mvovo, TBP for the Sharks.
26-18, Bosman just puts it off the upright with a far-out conversion attempt.

Haven't watched it... Downloading it later this weekend... I settled the vBookie bets

Very poor from the Sharks to be honest.
They look nothing like the side from last year. As long as they win, though, I won't really complain.
Pleased with the five, just hope Ludik is OK.

Very poor from the Sharks to be honest.
They look nothing like the side from last year. As long as they win, though, I won't really complain.
Pleased with the five, just hope Ludik is OK.

Primary concern for me the night, Terblanche was absolute gash, I could have kicked the ball better than he did last night, and I grace the opposite end of the teamsheet.

As with last week, we looked SSSOOOOOOOO much better when Michalak went off and Bosman moved to fly-half, passes started going to hand rather than bootlaces.

So, positives:

Charl McLeod is back, and in good for, looked hungry and desperate to play his way into the side.
Bosman's confidence is definitely improving, and if there ever was a hint of doubt, we can say that he can most certainly cover 10vfor us to a decent level.
No yellow card this week.
Dale Chadwick, IIRC, didn't get pinged in this match, which he has been every game this season.
Kyle Cooper, beast of a hooker, pace of Burden and strength of... not Bismarck, lets settle on Adriaan Strauss. His throwing for me was twice as better than what he has shown in age group levels, not a single one skew I think? Congrats on your run on debut, and so to to Monde Hadebe, whom didn't look out of place with the seniors either.
Sithole owning, Mvovo getting back in the try scoring groove.
All subs did well, and in most cases better than those they replaced.

The negatives:
Probably should be a positive, as he is playing himself out the side, but: Oupa.
Jean Deysel throwing the ball away whenever he makes ground. Most of team guilty of this as well.
Huge gaps in our defence, poor tackling
Turn-overs.
Injuries to Ludik, Bresler and Sithole.
Wasn't able to attend the game :(

Yeah, I have been pretty pleased with Bosman for the past few weeks. He is playing his size and he simply wouldn't have scored that try yesterday during the S15. His boot isn't half bad either. 5/7 in the CC this season and all of them from at least 45m out.

I was disappointed with the try that Mvovo could have scored from the cross kick. Granted it was tough, and I'll have to watch a replay, but it seemed we had players in position to score it if we had proper angles.

Latest posts