• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Golden Lions - Blue Bulls (24-09-2011, 15:00)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Ellis Park, Johannesburg (24-09-2011, 15:00)

Golden Lions.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Blue Bulls.png

Ref:

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Golden Lions [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Blue Bulls [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Zane Kirchner [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] Bjorn Basson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Wynand Olivier [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Francois Venter [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Gerhard van den Heever [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Louis Fouché/Francois Brummer [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Jaco Vermaak [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] CJ Stander [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] Jacques Potgieter [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] Dewald Potgieter [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] Juandre Kruger [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] Flip van der Merwe [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] Werner Kruger [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] Gary Botha (c) [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Dean Greyling [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Willie Wepener [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] Rossouw de Klerk [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Gerrit-Jan van Velze [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Arno Botha [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Dustin Jinka [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] Francois Brummer/Marnitz Boshoff [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] Jurgen Visser [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Well, well, well.

Bulls won 21-18, can't say I am unhappy, except that Lions got a BP.

We are 4 points closer to the top, now all we need is for WP to lose...

Well, well, well.

Bulls won 21-18, can't say I am unhappy, except that Lions got a BP.

We are 4 points closer to the top, now all we need is for WP to lose...
It does feel odd being unopposed to the Bulls winning. I don't really like it, but there you go.

As of right now, the CC Top Four is as follows:
1. Golden Lions (43 points)
2. Sharks (37 points)
3. Western Province (32 points)
4. Free State Cheetahs (30 points)

Don't forget... We still play Lions and WP at home so everything is up to us. We don't have to rely on others

Don't forget... We still play Lions and WP at home so everything is up to us. We don't have to rely on others
Yep, its all on us.
I wish that we could play like the team of last year. What I would give for Lambie and Bismarck right now.

Lambie, Bismarck, Jannie, Pietersen... Cannot wait for the new Super Rugby season to start... Can we take a step forward next year? I hope we can

OMG!!! My vCash is dissappearing! Lol. LIONS!! What happened!!!???

Unfortunately the way we have been playing, those games are more an opportunity for those to teams to get points and keep down a rival, than us to use home advantage to rack up the wins.

On this form, I wouldn't trust this side to qualify for a home semi by themselves, and if we wanna finish top, we still need another team, apart fae us, to beat them.

Come one man... Stay positive. Leopards away is a definite win with 4 tries... WP and Lions at home, something tells me there is no need to worry. We managed to beat the Bulls, Cheetahs and Griquas at home, so why should we be afraid to lose against WP and the Lions?

I must say this was a crappy game to watch! the ref tried to steal the show and doesn't know his breakdown laws at all... You could've seen it on Gary Botha and Josh Strauss' face...

My Bulls showed some resilience in the second half after a great showing in the first half. but it's clear they need some more experienced players to give them guidance... but what about that loose trio of the bulls?? geez those guys are not shy to make the big hits and to go hard at the breakdowns.

Come one man... Stay positive. Leopards away is a definite win with 4 tries... WP and Lions at home, something tells me there is no need to worry. We managed to beat the Bulls, Cheetahs and Griquas at home, so why should we be afraid to lose against WP and the Lions?

Like we were supposed to win with a BP at home?

Every team I support right now is going to the dogs, Aberdeen cannon fodder for lower division teams in cup competitions, facing relegation.
Edinburgh and Glasgow getting screwed over left right and centre in the Pro 12.
Scotland as incompetent as ever in the last phases of the game(s).
Sharks stuffing around and Terblanche 'giving a cheeky grin' when he cocks up and makes the exact same mistakes as the previous game.

There is no room for positivity in me anymore, I'm even getting screwed over in Halo: Reach and chess, two of my best hobbies/ activities.

Let me give it a go:

Springboks won 87-0
Sharks won against Griquas
Ulster is on a roll
Ajax playing Champions League again and competing for the ***le
NY Rangers having made some massive trades and seriously contending for the division ***le this year
Uruguay winning the Copa America this year

Leave it up to me to stay positive ;)

I must say this was a crappy game to watch! the ref tried to steal the show and doesn't know his breakdown laws at all... You could've seen it on Gary Botha and Josh Strauss' face...

My Bulls showed some resilience in the second half after a great showing in the first half. but it's clear they need some more experienced players to give them guidance... but what about that loose trio of the bulls?? geez those guys are not shy to make the big hits and to go hard at the breakdowns.

The ref had no clue, the Lions should have got a yellowcard long before the Bulls. Anyhow great character shown by the Bulls especially the young guys that don't have much experience. The Lions have only themselves to blame as the Bulls had 14 guys on the field for 15-20 minutes, they should have taken kicks at goal instead of opting for the line outs. The Lions are going to struggle again in the S15 unless they get a couple of big names.

Latest posts