• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Currie Cup 2017] Premier Division Round 5 (12 August 2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Free%20State%20Cheetahs.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
GWK%20Griquas.png

Venue: Toyota Stadium, Bloemfontein
Time: 15:00 CAT
Date: 12/08/2017

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Western%20Province.png
Blue%20Bulls.png

Venue: DHL Newlands, Cape Town
Time: 17:15 CAT

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Golden%20Lions.png
Natal%20Sharks.png

Venue: Emirates Airline Park, Johannesburg
Time: 19:30 CAT

What's the word on these fixtures being so close together? Did I miss something? 3 games in 8 days seems a tad excessive no? Surely it increases injury chances and chances of games having lopsided scores. I think the Lions vs Sharks game perfectly illustrates the need to change a red to 10mins and have the offending player cited and removed from play. The sharks were 31 - 5 down and scored 42 unanswered points after the red. I'm happy my team won, in Gauteng nogal, but it's a sour victory when the other team (who was dominant) becomes handicapped so. It's not the whole teams fault that Coetzee kicked Jacques Vermeulen in the face, and he should have the book thrown at him seeing as it's his 2nd red of the year IIRC. Anyways, these wonky fixtures makes it hard to follow the tournament for those without DSTV like myself. BTW thanks for these match threads Heineken, it's a pity they are so barren. CC just ain't what it used to be

What's the word on these fixtures being so close together? Did I miss something? 3 games in 8 days seems a tad excessive no? Surely it increases injury chances and chances of games having lopsided scores. I think the Lions vs Sharks game perfectly illustrates the need to change a red to 10mins and have the offending player cited and removed from play. The sharks were 31 - 5 down and scored 42 unanswered points after the red. I'm happy my team won, in Gauteng nogal, but it's a sour victory when the other team (who was dominant) becomes handicapped so. It's not the whole teams fault that Coetzee kicked Jacques Vermeulen in the face, and he should have the book thrown at him seeing as it's his 2nd red of the year IIRC. Anyways, these wonky fixtures makes it hard to follow the tournament for those without DSTV like myself. BTW thanks for these match threads Heineken, it's a pity they are so barren. CC just ain't what it used to be

Yeah, there are many queries about the fixtures being so close together and how it affects the teams.

Many of the teams had to manage their teams carefully for 3 games, and might not have gotten the result they wanted.

I liked that the games were on Wednesday for Women's Day, it made the midweek break a little less boring. But yeah, after the gruelling Super Rugby, and no rest whatsoever, there is no point as to why the games should be so close together.

What's the overall level and importance of the CC these days? I wouldn't mind giving it a go, but since it's parallel to Super Rugby and now the Rugby Championship, I don't know what to expect from it (or the Mitre 10 Cup, for that matter).

Latest posts