• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commentator? Please help with this query

We often have to put up with the Australian commentators in Australia. By far the most biased commentators.

Watched the game on foxtel here in Aus it was commentated by Greg Clarke and that muppet Phil Kearns.

- - - Updated - - -

We often have to put up with the Australian commentators in Australia. By far the most biased commentators.

Greg Clarke is by far the best of the Aussie commentators, I wouldn't say he is biased at all he has a good knowledge of the game knows all players names and genuinely loves the game you can hear the excitement in his voice when a team scores or makes a big hit (doesn't matter what team) on the other hand Phil Kearns and Greg Martin need to shown the door guys are bias as anything and don't have any knowledge of the modern game Kearns especially is still stuck in the 90s.

ahah I understand it must feel biased for kiwis watching fox :p
But don't you expect any commentator to be biased? I don't know, maybe it is because I grew up with french tv and it is normal in france that the commentator is fully behind the team...

Watched the game on foxtel here in Aus it was commentated by Greg Clarke and that muppet Phil Kearns.
I thought it sounded like kearns.

Last edited:
Gordon Bray. He used to be a regular for Aussie games, in the 90's and early 2000's. I'm glad he is back. Hopefully we hear more from him.

Yep that's him, just looked on youtube and instantly recognized the voice. Strange he wasn't mentioned in the commentary descriptions. Thanks so much for your help.

Latest posts