• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canterbury Crusaders v NSW Waratahs

Agreed.

I tip Crusaders to win by 6 points, when Kurtley Beale misses a penalty and 2 conversions which would give the Waratahs a win by 1 pojnt.

The Crusaders are at home in a Super 14 Final....can anyone apart from the home team be expected to win?!

I really do think the 'Saders will come away with the win, but wouldn't it be great if the 'Tahs won because then Ewan McKenzie can turn around and laugh at the administration who sacked him. ******** I say.

I'm going for the 'Saders... the last thing we need is to inflate the Tahs' egos...

tah's in an upset

for the ewan mckenzie "in your face *****" factor and also i have a mate who is a loud obnoxious cantabrians who i would like to see eat humble pie

They're not actually called the Canterbury Crusaders anymore, the commentator said Canterbury on the weekend but corrected himself...they contain Tasman as well I believe. :D

and i'd like the tah's to win just to **** the red, brumbies and force fans on the forum :p

Any know the weather forecast for the day?

They're not actually called the Canterbury Crusaders anymore, the commentator said Canterbury on the weekend but corrected himself...they contain Tasman as well I believe. :D [/b]
Yeah, just like the Brumbies aren't the ACT Brumbies anymore!

and i'd like the tah's to win just to **** the red, brumbies and force fans on the forum :p [/b]

and we can laugh at you cos your state doesnt even have a team :p

<div class='quotemain'> and i'd like the tah's to win just to **** the red, brumbies and force fans on the forum :p [/b]

and we can laugh at you cos your state doesnt even have a team :p
[/b][/quote]

well i guess the melbourne axeman is all we have left down here... took out the tournament last year, but sitting second last at present :)

I'm kinda on the fence on who I want to win.
The Crusaders have played better rugby, so they're way more deserving but I hate to see a team dominate a comp like this. It would a nice change to see the Tah's win, and it'll make me feel better about the Sharks defeat if they were the eventual champions.
Who am I kidding, GO TAH'S! They're the underdogs so they got my support eventhough I'm tipping the Crusaders to take it.
The Tah's need to create more tries though, they've been brilliant poachers and put pressure on opponents well. The Crusaders get a bit jumpy if you put pressure on their midfield imo, so I expect they'll target that and put up quite a few up and unders as the Tah's have been brilliant in the air and the chase. If Vickerman can dominate the line outs again we might have a contest on our hands!

I reckon the Crusaders will be sweet in the midfield. If they shut down the comps best backline in the semis they'll have no problems against the Tahs. Bateman looks like a seasoned vet at 12 and is a better player than Brett who screws up a lot.

I'd be worried if it was in Sydney, but at home I say Crusaders by 25+

Crusaders midfield will probably be fine, but the Waratahs have been awesome in defence lately. Should be interesting to some extent, although I tend to agree with your prediction. I just hoping for some kind of contest... Wishful thinking?

I do believe the Crusaders is going to win by at least 10 points. Home advantage plaid a big role in the semies, should in the final as well. If the weather prevails!

Dont think Beale is in the team for his kikking abilities, on a whole he had a great semi. Although his oposition nr. 10 (Pienaar) had a shocker!

The Warathas forwards was superb and gave Beale and the rest of the backs a platform to attack from. They can take that whole pack and put them in the international side. Havent seen a good Aus pack of forwards for a while!

Good luck to both teams!

Looking forward to the Tri Nations!

I tend to agree with you boys on this one... The Tahs have had an immense defense all season, but their lack of attacking prowess is gonna make it really tough for them against a saders team who also have an incredible defense record AND the best attack in the comp. Lets not forget they've got the best coach in the comp's history as well.
You never know though, our boys could produce their best performance of the season and the Crusaders could produce their worst...
Anyway though, GO THE TAHS!

Crusaders midfield will probably be fine, but the Waratahs have been awesome in defence lately. Should be interesting to some extent, although I tend to agree with your prediction. I just hoping for some kind of contest... Wishful thinking?
[/b]

Not wishful thinking at all. It most likely will be a tight encounter but I'm just going on instinct and what I know the Crusaders, as a team are capable of doing at home on an occasion such as this.

I'll most likely tip -12 but there is every chance of a blown out score line.

Well the last time they played the Crusaders struggled to break the Tahs down for long periods, dont think they scored to the 50th minute? then got the bonus point but thats not the point. The Waratahs defense is very strong, if the Crusaders can take a lead into half time they will win by 20 if not its going to be very tight :ph34r:

Despite what a lot of people think I have been a bit wary of Beale and that he might slice through the Crusaders defence. If I were Deans I would be making sure that they rushed Beale all the time from the inside and pushed him laterally across into the umbrella. However Beale to me seems to be the type of player who can escape a defence that is trying to suffocate with chip kicks behind the umbrella....Crusaders better have their sweeper happening.

Keiren Read may play with the confidence of an All Black now that Collins has gone and the door is open for someone to step in.

They can take that whole pack and put them in the international side. [/b]

.................................................................................... :hunter: :hunter: :hunter: :hunter: :hunter:

Tah's need to stop kicking for territory, feeding ball to the crusaders and relying on a strong defense and crusader mistakes to score tries. It's exactly what they did when they played them last, the only try was against the run of play and there was no continuity or recycled ball. If you just defend against a side like the crusaders, you will eventually break.

I'm hoping they hang on to the pill and really antagonise the saders at the breakdown. No one was expecting the waratahs to get past the group stages, let alone appear in the finals. Combined with the fact that the saders are playing at home, there is a lot of pressure for them to win. If the Waratahs can really get involved around the break-down, they might force some rushed decisions and 50-50 passes, though to be realistic the Crusaders are a tough nut to crack.

I'm going for the 'Saders... the last thing we need is to inflate the Tahs' egos...
[/b]

Or you just don't want to eat more humble pie after the amount of vitriol you've directed at another Australian team; predicting that the Waratahs will (and should) lost at nearly every turn of the competition.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
predicting that the Waratahs will (and should) lost at nearly every turn of the competition.
[/b][/quote]

No, I tip against the Tahs every week despite whether I think they'll win or lose... :bleh!:

And what Australian rugby doesn't need is more pushing from NSW circles for Phil Waugh to be Wallabies captain.

Latest posts