TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Bulls sign Steyn for 2 years!

27 year old Pumas prop Dawie Steyn has signed a two year contract with the Blue Bulls, returning to his city of birth to run out in the blue of the Bulls for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

steyne.png

Steyn has been at the Pumas since 2008, but made no secret of the fact that signing for the Bulls has been a lifelong dream of his.

The deal was concluded by Blue Bulls SupeRugby coach Frans Ludeke, who has been impressed with Steyn for a few seasons now, saying that the prop has what it takes to play in the Blue Bulls front row.

http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/currie.asp?id=32462

They needed some front-row experience with Gary Botha probably leaving or retiring.

Interesting signing...

Bah! Dinnae mess with us like that, you KNOW you had us all thinking about Goldilocks no-more.

Are you sure you aren't a sports journo. :p

I knew some guys were getting the fright of their lives when I posted this. I changed the ***le a bit to mess with you guys. It's amazing hahahaha.

Francois Steyn would never move to Pretoria... Not even after he retired haha

Never say never, if the Bulls told him he would be their first choice fly-half, Steyn would take out a financially crippling loan in order to hire a Concord to fly him back to SA.

Maybe he has calmed down a bit since his move to France, but he acted like a real muppet when one tries to talk to him about him in the fly-half position. You tell him he made mistakes, he gets aggro, congragulate him, he starts getting aggro about the coaches not selecting him there. Its a lose-lose situation.

Well, he made massive improvements on and off the field in France. I think he has matured a lot since his move to Racing Metro and he would make a welcome addition to any team (Especially the Sharks with the pathetic midfield)

Something interesting, which of our imports this season have actually done remotely well?

Conrad Hoffman, little chances in the S15, injury and erratic performances in the Currie Cup.
JLP- Nothing much need be said.
Michalak- Worked at first, has fizzled out in the last 2 months.
Bosman- Relatively poor S15, his best performances have been when Oupa wasn't his pairing. Has done an adequate job at 10 when asked to do so. Not so flash in the Currie Cup but not nearly as many poor decisions/ tackles as in the S15.
Joubert- Added little so far unfortunately, good news is that Plum knows that Joubert isn't working out, even after his miraculous two week training schedule.

God, when I saw the ***le I thought it was about Francois Steyn !
I'm glad he stays in France, and I hope he'll never come back in South Africa :p

Yes, but Francois Steyn is different from Bosman, Joubert and Michalak.

Hoffmann didn't have the chance to show what he can do, with McLeod being Plums favourite.

With players in their current form, my fav. (and realistic) XV would look something like this:

1. Mtawarira
2. B. du Plessis
3. J. du Plessis
4. Anton Bresler
5. Alistair Hargreaves
6. Keegan Daniel
7. Marcell Coetzee
8. Jean Deysel
9. Ross Cronje
10.Patrick Lambie
11.JP Pietersen
12.Francois Steyn
13.Adrian Jacobs
14.Sibusiso Sithole
15.Riaan Viljoen

The ones in bold are liabilities. We need a proper lock and some more depth in the midfield. It's such a shame de Jongh is only a benchwarmer in Cape Town. He would be perfect for our team!

Argh, I hate it when people describe players as liabilities, an irksome thing for me if there ever was one. :mad: And I profusely disagree that either of these players fall into the category of players that fans term 'liabilities'.

Hargreaves was one of our best players last year, and behind Lambie was many pundits and regulars MotM for the final, don't think he should be written off so readily.

As for Adi, he does a job when asked of it, injects a little pace and creativity into our backline, but shouldn't be a regular starter as he tends to be more of an impact player.

What I mean with liability is the fact that they suffer from injuries quite easily. I rate their abilities quite highly, don't get me wrong, but for some reason they suffer a lot from aches and pains which makes them miss the most of the season.

I do think Hargreaves is the future Springbok lock when Bekker retires (who is already 28)

But guys... This is about Dawie Steyn moving to the Bulls... How do you guys get to Francois Steyn all of a sudden? Ridiculous ;)

But guys... This is about Dawie Steyn moving to the Bulls... How do you guys get to Francois Steyn all of a sudden? Ridiculous ;)

Yeah, stay on topic dammit!! Lol!!

Heyneke Meyer is slowly starting to build a big squad... Rumours are they also bought Josh Strauss from the Lions

Maybe the 5 franchises should sign a gentleman's agreement which states that first-choice players should not be snatched from each other, only when the contract expires. The way Jano Vermaak moved to Pretoria was a show of ungentlemanly behaviour, if you ask me.

The same goes for WP trying to snatch Brüssow and previously grabbing Fourie. This way the Lions and Cheetahs will never be able to grow and be a proper team in the Super 15.

Maybe the 5 franchises should sign a gentleman's agreement which states that first-choice players should not be snatched from each other, only when the contract expires. The way Jano Vermaak moved to Pretoria was a show of ungentlemanly behaviour, if you ask me.

The same goes for WP trying to snatch Brüssow and previously grabbing Fourie. This way the Lions and Cheetahs will never be able to grow and be a proper team in the Super 15.

Pffft, yeah right!

Where is the mention of the sharks stealing players as you mention? JLP, Jean Deysel, Willem Alberts, Louis Ludick... to name but a few??

Yes, I am the first to admit that we did some poaching of our own.

Alberts, Ludik, Mostert, Jannie and Bismarck du Plessis are the ones that spring to mind at first. It would be so much better if we had some sort of agreement that prevented this from happening.

By the way, Deysel's contract ended in 2007, so he doesn't count ;)

Latest posts