TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Bulls part company with 'Cop killer' Roux

The Blue Bulls have given prop Bees Roux his marching orders after he practiced with another rugby team whilst being under contract with the Bulls.

A disciplinary hearing found that he had trained with the Pumas rugby team without permission from the Blue Bulls during his culpable homicide trial for killing a metro police officer.

Roux was then discharged with immediate effect and this comes a month after he was convicted of culpable homicide last month.

Bees_Roux(1).jpg

The Blue Bulls issued a statement saying,"The Preciding Officer, Mr. David Short, found that the Employer/Employee relationship has irretrievably broken down after it came to the Company's attention that Roux trained with the PUMAS while still under contract with the Blue Bulls.

"A continuation of the Employer/Employee relationship has become intolerable and therefore summary dismissal is an appropriate sanction under the circumstances. Roux's services have therefore been summarily terminated by the Company with immediate effect. "

Roux is reported to have testified at the hearing that he was under the impression he had permission to train with the Pumas.

According to Beeld newspaper the Blue Bulls did not bring the charges against Roux in connection with him killing Tshwane metro police officer Johannesburg Mogale last August.

Whilst the situation with the Blue Bulls and Roux appears to be over the matter of the murder case appears to be far from over as Beeld says Roux cannot pay the fine he was ordered to pay following the murder.

According to a plea bargain with the State, he received a five-year suspended sentence and had to pay Mogale's family R750,000.

Shortly after his conviction, his agent, James Adams, told Rapport newspaper that Roux was asking "every player, friend and family member" to contribute money.

Adams said Roux's legal costs were around R300,000 and that his girlfriend had taken out a second bond on her house.

At the time of his bail application, Roux said that the Bulls paid him R800,000 per year.

He signed a two-year contract with the Bulls at the end of the 2009 season and the contract was up for renewal at the end of October 2011.

This is starting to sound more and more like a movie

Madness.

Don't understand why the Bulls didn't just drop him when he was convicted of murdering another human being!!

I don't he has been convicted yet, trial is still on going.

But why the hell did the Pumas let him train with them? Couldn't have sat well with the players.

so he has been convicted??? why's he not in jail?!?

He was convicted of Manslaughter, not murder as he was negligent and drunk when it happened and because there was a lack of evidence as well as a bit of foul play by the police officer that died, there were some mitigating circumstances as well as the fact that he didn't have any prior indescretions against him.

So they gave him a 5 year suspended sentence, meaning he doesn't do jail time, but has a permanent criminal record against his name and if there are any criminal indescretions by him in the next 5 years, no matter how severe, he will then immediately go to jail and serve those 5 years without parole. so if he for instance smokes in a non-smoking section and the police gives him a fine, he can then go to jail.

I love the Bulls management.

"Sir, I have some bad news, Bees Roux got drunk and killed a Police Officer"
"Is he going to jail?"
"No"
"What has Peter de Villiers said?"
"That the team supports him"
"Excellent. Is he back in training yet?"
"Well...he's currently training with the Pumas..."

"Get rid of em"

Moral of the story: If you're going to punch a police officer to death, make sure you're drunk because then you get away with a fine.....

Moral of the story: If you're going to punch a police officer to death, make sure you're drunk because then you get away with a fine.....

Lol!!

Sort of, but the officer also did some things wrong, but they didn't give out that information after the trial... I'll wait until the case is registered on our system and then see what exactly happened and give you guys some feedback...

this thug proves he's a vile moron in this video, I hope Bordeaux get relegated for signing him

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there doesn't seem to be too much between the ears there. WRT the incidents reports were going around that he says that he thought he was being robbed. Credit card records and eye witnesses seem to agree that the cops used his credit card to buy McDonalds take aways and were going in the opposite route than his house or the nearest police station (where they were on duty). Still, no need to kill a guy unless your life is in direct danger. The family along with Roux and the prosecuting authority decided to settle on the 'fine' as the family said they couldn't live off of justice and some say the prosecuters not wanting some details to come out in a lengthy court case. That's SA for you.

Not 100% sure, but wasn't the credit card only used a few hours after the incident, as in when he was already in jail?

Doesn't make it right of course, just trying to get my facts straight.

Not 100% sure, but wasn't the credit card only used a few hours after the incident, as in when he was already in jail?

Doesn't make it right of course, just trying to get my facts straight.

I don't think the dead police officer would've used his credit card after he was already killed and then put in jail for murder...:p

Latest posts