• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British Lions 2021- Finn Russell ??

Ids1978

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Newcastle RU
Finn Russell is a great player but should he go on the future Lions tour?

I'm not convinced he should on recent form but should be afforded the opportunity to prove himself between now and the tour

As a Scotland fan I don't want him to play just because of the way he acted during the 6 Nations.

I would done anything to play for Scotland.

If he has a change of attitude then maybe

I don't think he is that great a 10. He can have fantastic moments and he's certainly a very good 10 but he has never shown as far as I can see great game management. Ultimately though he has developed the prima donna attitude that Cipriani had for a long time and I think the end result could be the same. Doesn't matter how talented you are, nobody likes someone who thinks they are bigger than the team. I could see him having the potential to be very divisive in the Lions. Any Scotland players that get in may be uncomfortable with him and I doubt many players of the other nations would like him swanning around. Especially when you consider one of the possible 10's is Farrell, who has repeatedly been highlighted as one of the big drivers in previous Lions teams. Those 2 could struggle to see eye to eye and we could have another temper tantrum on our hands.

I'm not convinced he should on recent form but should be afforded the opportunity to prove himself between now and the tour
On recent form?

He has been one of the best 10s in the NH this past season. Not sure what you're watching.

On recent form?

He has been one of the best 10s in the NH this past season. Not sure what you're watching.

Sorry, should've been clearer. I mean all the stuff that prevented him from being in the 6N squad for Scotland this year. I agree his on field performances have been great but off field matters too.

I don't think he is that great a 10. He can have fantastic moments and he's certainly a very good 10 but he has never shown as far as I can see great game management. Ultimately though he has developed the prima donna attitude that Cipriani had for a long time and I think the end result could be the same. Doesn't matter how talented you are, nobody likes someone who thinks they are bigger than the team. I could see him having the potential to be very divisive in the Lions. Any Scotland players that get in may be uncomfortable with him and I doubt many players of the other nations would like him swanning around. Especially when you consider one of the possible 10's is Farrell, who has repeatedly been highlighted as one of the big drivers in previous Lions teams. Those 2 could struggle to see eye to eye and we could have another temper tantrum on our hands.

What a total mess of a post this is.

He is nowhere near Cipers off the field antics. The comparison is silly.

Sorry, should've been clearer. I mean all the stuff that prevented him from being in the 6N squad for Scotland this year. I agree his on field performances have been great but off field matters too.

If we give Townsend the benefit of the doubt. Which I don't. The WC proved that for me.

He probably will/should, but I hope he doesn't - just for the absolute toddler tantrums him and Zebo would throw
Toddler tantrums?

Oh you mean like OF coming off in 2nd half at Twickers after getting thoroughly roasted by Russell. Oh my bad that was just OF's competitive side.

Finn Russell is a great player but should he go on the future Lions tour?

He is a great attacking player but will that be the way to beat the Boks? If Gatland decided to play that way? It would be wholly out of character. Russell will likely be a midweeker and fair enough. Maybe off the bench in a game Lions need scores but I suspect Gatland wants to keep games tight and that simply is not Russell.

Toddler tantrums?

Oh you mean like OF coming off in 2nd half at Twickers after getting thoroughly roasted by Russell. Oh my bad that was just OF's competitive side.
Wait you think being substituted counts as a tantrum? Do 8 players on each team have a tantrum routinely every game at about the 55 min mark?

Latest posts