• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Booze Thread

All hail ale drink of champions.

Fursty Ferrett is currently my ***le of choice.

there is nothing better than a Famous Grouse whiskey ;)
Myself and cmac got a bottle of it in Portugal. Couldn't finish the stuff. Not a fan.
My beer of choice would certainly be a Smithwicks or a Guinness, but you can't drink it fast. If I'm out drinking, or I'm drinking a lot, it'd be Heineken or Coors or something like that.
I don't much enjoy spirits anymore. Has a close correlation to the fact I haven't puked in a good while. Like a bit of rum I suppose actually. Goes well with everything.

What are there so many trolls on this forum? Is it due to the 6 nations, or are the mods simply not doing their jobs? Either way, there's recently been a decline in posting standards and an increase in bickering.

Discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

Myself and cmac got a bottle of it in Portugal. Couldn't finish the stuff. Not a fan.
My beer of choice would certainly be a Smithwicks or a Guinness, but you can't drink it fast. If I'm out drinking, or I'm drinking a lot, it'd be Heineken or Coors or something like that.
I don't much enjoy spirits anymore. Has a close correlation to the fact I haven't puked in a good while. Like a bit of rum I suppose actually. Goes well with everything.

Good man. Maybe you're not a **** head.

Carling from a tap that is regularly used.
It's magic.

+1

Whatever the cheapest, nastiest, lager they have is what I'm drinking.

Went to see Papa Roach the other day (kek) so was drinking 2 pinters of Carling all night.
Was horrendous but, equally, amazing

I used to go to a club that sold 50p vodka/mixer. One of the mixers was milk.

My beer of choice would have to be San Miguel (from the Philippines) or Red Horse (A different brand of San Miguel) :p

But seriously, I have always wondered why the folk up there in the British Isles drink their beer warm? Is it because you've never tasted it cold?

There's nothing more refreshing than an Ice Cold Beer on a hot summer's day...

But seriously, I have always wondered why the folk up there in the British Isles drink their beer warm? Is it because you've never tasted it cold?

A few things. It's not warm, it's merely not near frozen. It obviously can warm up with time.

We too like cold things on hot days (though there are fewer of those).

Most significantly though, when you make things almost frozen, it's hard to taste them. This is a huge advantage when it comes to most of the stuff out there parading as quality beer. When you have a decent beer, a good stout or a flowery IPA (not my taste), then it's nice to be able to actually taste it, and a warm(er) drink merely helps with the enjoyment. Try drinking a Carlsberg that has been left out the fridge for an hour, it's foul. Then try drinking pretty much any Wychwood ale (for purposes of example) under the same conditions, it's still very enjoyable.

One we do serve beer cold regulary.

Two cold ale tastes wrong it's made to be drank at room temperature you wouldn't chill red wine for example. It's very rarely a light and refreshing drink.

You'll also find when we get a real hot summers day a number of ale drinker switch to larger or cider as they need something light and refreshing. I've only found one great summer ale which had lemongrass in it and it was wonderful.

Personal opinion is variety in flavour of ale makes it far superior product to larger or cider which while light and refreshing tend to be too sweet.

Exception to all this is Guinness or Irish stout in general. Never seen the point of the extra cold product but it's quite tasty and usually served cold. Not sure it's a summer drink though.

Groundhog is a wuss. Spirits are life.

There's your answer. Our drinking culture is built around six months of darkness where you're too bloody cold already every year.

there is nothing better than a Famous Grouse whiskey ;)

You disgusting cheap *******.

like red wine, bitter beer should be served at room temp. there are one or two exceptions to that rule, but if you want cold wine, drink rose or white, what happens in France in the summer, although the French are not master beer drinkers the best beer in France comes from the North or Belgium. I had pubs for years and when they brought out ice cold Guinness i kept it for 3 months it was rubbish no taste the normal Guinness is far better. There are plenty of cold beers (lagers available), they do tend to all taste more or less the same, exception being Stella, try the blind fold test with Lager most people fail miserably i used to do it in my pubs when custumers started telling everyone how they could select any lager blindfolded it usually shut them up pretty quickly.Bitters have many different tastes and like red wine need to be served at the right temp to appreciate their true value.

Groundhog is a wuss. Spirits are life.

There's your answer. Our drinking culture is built around six months of darkness where you're too bloody cold already every year.

You disgusting cheap *******.

Fair enough.

I the Summer I drink lager and white wine. In the Winter I drink lager, red wine and whiskey. On holiday, I drink whatever I can, but I have to say I'm a sucker for a long island ice tea or a Mojito...

Latest posts