• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blue Bulls vs Platinum Leopards, Loftus Versfeld, 6 Aug 10, 19.10 CAT

Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Blue Bulls: 15. Jaco van der Westhuyzen, 14. Gerhard van den Heever, 13. Jaco Pretorius, 12. Stefan Watermeyer, 11. Hayden Gareth Groepes, 10. Jacques-Louis Potgieter, 9. Francois Hougaard, 8. Gerrit-Jan van Velze, 7. Dewald Potgieter, 6. Derick Kuun (Captain), 5. Petrus Johannes Juandre Kruger, 4. Flip van der Merwe, 3. Bees Roux, 2. Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1. Jaco Engels

Replacements: 16. Bandise Maku, 17. Frik Kirsten, 18. Fudge Mabeta, 19. Christiaan Johan Stander, 20. Dustin Jinka, 21. Francois Brummer, 22. Stephan Dippenaar

Platinum Leopards: 15. Hendrik Daniel Petrus Dames, 14. Deon Scholtz, 13. Jovan Bowles, 12. Walter Venter, 11. Dumisani Matyeshana, 10. Neill Jacobs, 9. Michael Bondesio, 8. Riaan Swanepoel, 7. Wilhelm Koch (Captain), 6. Daniel Johannes Crous, 5. Rynard Landman, 4. Anthonie Johannes Gronum, 3. Os Van der Walt, 2. Pellow van der Westhuizen, 1. Bennie Geldenhuys Uys

Replacements: 16. Gavin Williamson, 17. Johan Coetzee, 18. Edrich Linde, 19. Christo van Niekerk, 20. Jean Tiedt, 21. Clayton Durand, 22. Jan Van Zyl
Source

Any chance in hell that the Leopards can pull off a huge upset and beat the Bulls at Loftus?<_<

Well, if they are going to beat them, I think they will have to score 4 (if not more) tries!

Good point LH. I don't think it'll happen though. On the other hand, the Cheetahs stole a victory in the 84th minute against the Blue Cattle

HT score BB 26-10 Leopards

Leopards looked the par in the first few minutes, took an early lead, but started to fade as the half went on.

Kuun has a try, van de Heever has 2, one was a good finish from a team play, whilst the other was a use of shear pace, outstripping the Leopards backs
I think Dewald Potgeiter got the other, but it could have been the no.8

Francious Hougaard has just scored, 41st minute

60 minute: BB 40-24 Leopards
Leopards still in this game, if they capitilize on their oppurtunities, they could snacth it, greater shocks have happened

Last edited:
Full time: Blue Bulls 43 - Leopards 38

Wow what a great game, the Leopards can be very proud of their performance!If only their fly half kicked all his goals the Leopards would have won 45 - 43!
Nonetheless great game by the guys from Potch picking up 2 bonus points.

WOW! 2 bonus points. That's something to be proud of, especially against the Bulls. So close!

I think some Bulls-supporters were having a deja-vu 5 minutes before the end hehe.

Full time: Blue Bulls 43 - Leopards 38

Wow what a great game, the Leopards can be very proud of their performance!If only their fly half kicked all his goals the Leopards would have won 45 - 43!
Nonetheless great game by the guys from Potch picking up 2 bonus points.

Crikey, now I know diddly eff all about domestic SA rugby, but that looks like a sterling effort from the Leopards to get that close.

Interesting to note that the Blue Bulls won the 1st half 26 - 10 and the Leopards won the 2nd half 28 - 17.

It shows you how important a halftime break is. In the first week, Griquas came back from 22-8 behind to win the match 40-32.

Absolutely gutted the Leopards lost, I think the 'try' that they 'scored' right at the death could have been awarded, I don't know which commentator said it, but Kuun was making contact with the 'obstructing' player when the maul swivvilled.

BB supporters should be a wee bit worried, with Hougaard, van de Merwe, Potgeiter and Chilliboy likely to be off to national duty next week

Latest posts