• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BBC SPORT - No Wasps bias for Lions - Sackey

I don't believe there will be no favouritism at all. not because he likes the players, but just because he will know and trust them. If there was a decision between two players for one spot and there is nothing to really choose between them, then any coach would go for the player he knows best and can trust. Henry did it in Australia with welsh players, and McGeechan in 97 decided that the best 2 fly halfs both played for Northampton at the time he coached there. So i think there will be some bias there still, but it will only be with players where there was a marginal decision to be made.

Oh God: Cipriani, Reddan, Haskell, Rees, Sackey, Lewsey and Flutey to all start then. <_<

Is every nation printing the same drivel?
So in England Sackey says there will be no Wasps bias just coz of McGeechan, in Wales Ryan Jones says there will be no Welsh bias just coz gatland and edwards will probably be there!
Jeez, play a different record, BBC!

There is one very good reason why no Wasps players should be considered right now; Wasps are utter shite right now (getting worse every week) and not a single player in their squad has looked remotely useful for the full 80 minutes all season.

Knowing our luck, he'll probably go all Clive Woodward on us and select most of Leeds Carnegie, Bedford, North Wales and Aberdeen Old Gordonians as a "wild-card Lions XV"...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 20 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Knowing our luck, he'll probably go all Clive Woodward on us and select most of Leeds Carnegie, Bedford, North Wales and Aberdeen Old Gordonians as a "wild-card Lions XV"...[/b]

How would the team mates understand each other, they all speak totally different forms of a language they've recently masacred!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 22 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 21 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How would the team mates understand each other, they all speak totally different forms of a language they've recently masacred![/b]

Quite.

[/b][/quote]

Haha!
f*** you, we all make mistakes!

Watch your step, Pres.
Next time you make a spelling error, i'll be there!
Pouncing on yow ass! Biatch!

The Victorian
BadBadBadBadBadBadBadBad

Group: Head Coaches
Member No.: 2,713
Club:

Saracens

I'm not really going to bother with this except treat it with the contempt that it deserves. I think the real reason why so many Wasps players are being mentioned is down to the fact that the Coaching team has worked with these players for a long time when at Wasps.

If there is such an English Union bias, why are we running with a Scottish head coach with a Kiwi, a Welshman and a Rugby League northerner in tow? If they pick a squad heavy with Englishmen, its the coaches you should blame and the coaches alone. And knowing Geechs and Gatland, they are not people to be swayed by fickle media opinion.

And that media opinion isn't all swaying behind English players and its completely unfair to bash the English pundits. Take Mick Cleary for example and see who he has spotlighted to play at wing: Shane Williams? Rob Kearney? Keith Earls? Tommy Bowe?

English bias generally? Come off it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 18 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
+ Barclay, Henderson, Di Rollo, Webster and Southwell to tour...[/b]

Nothing wrong with Barclay, the other three are amongst the worst players on earth.

Latest posts