• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath or "The masochists guide to rugby"

Superb news for Bath and England. Hopefully he can get through the rest of the season for Bath without any hiccups :)

Hopefully same with Watson soon too!

Cheers!

Blackadder off to Japan next season...
Not a huge surprise he's done next to zip for the club in improving results. Some of that will always be personnel but we appear to also have a mental block.

Not a massive loss, no guarantee that his replacement will be an improvement though, recruitment isn't generally mind-blowing is it.

Reckon it'll be Hooper, or too soon?

Not a massive loss, no guarantee that his replacement will be an improvement though, recruitment isn't generally mind-blowing is it.

Mike Ford's only temporary at tigers. Wonder if hed be a good fit for bath haha. Might bring his sons with him. And maybe eastmond too.

Hooper to DoR, Dempsey to HC I think (and have thought that since Dempsey was signed, - just a matter of "when"). Hatley for the forwards (post-RWC), probably 1 ex-Bath coach (Catt, Maddock or Fleck*?), and one other, probably defence coach.

The only thing that might change that, is if someone like Cotter or Noves want the role, in which case, succession planning gets thrown out of the window to allow them free reign.

*Fleck might take HC rather than Dempsey, but I suspect he came on the promise of being next HC (why else leave Leinster without a promotion?)

ETA: looks like WRU are cocking up contract negotiations with Edwards...

Last edited:
"Somerset Live understands" not quite the same thing, they just think the same thing as everyone else does.

Confirmed would require a statement from the club
Ah, that'll teach me to read the article instead of just the headline!

Edit: the other benefit of reading the full article is you learn that there is a Japanese rugby club called "Toshiba Toshiba Brave Lupus", what a name!

*Fleck might take HC rather than Dempsey, but I suspect he came on the promise of being next HC (why else leave Leinster without a promotion?)
How has Girvan Dempsey done as coach with Bath. I was sorry to see him leave Leinster as he did great work with the academy and is a legend at the province.

Great news. Particularly re. Watson.

Awful game today and unfortunately I can't see a bright future for Bath. Our signings are generally too expensive and then fail to deliver. The coaches and players don't seem at all fussed by failure and some of the basics are so bad they would make the coach of an U18 village club ashamed. I seriously doubt Hooper will do anything to fix it and, if the mentality is the same as Blackadder, we can kiss goodbye to any progress in the next 4 years and possibly even worse. Really have no faith in the club at the moment. We have seen everything that has gone wrong with Tigers and seem determined to do the same, right down to the whole making ex players as coaches.

When are bath going to formally announce London Irish as their academy? I believe Wasps are going to announce Sale as their academy this week.

Same exact thoughts ran through my mind.

Also Sale seemingly wanting to replace their home-grown local academy players with springboks internationals. Not sure how long it will last.

Latest posts