• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks Watch - Countdown to June

TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
We've got five more weeks before the All Blacks squad will form for the June test series against France.

The last couple of weeks has seen a few players go down, whereas others have stamped their mark on the competition.

It looks like there will only be thirty players selected in the squad, below I'll outline who I think will be selected now.

Guaranteed (19):
- K Mealamu
- A Hore
- T Woodcock
- O Franks
- S Whitelock
- L Romano
- B Retalick
- S Cane
- K Read
- A Smith
- D Carter
- A Cruden
- M Nonu
- C Smith
- R Kahui
- J Savea
- H Gear
- I Dagg
- B Smith

That leaves room for two front rowers, one lock, four loose forwards, one halfback, one centre and two outside backs. It's likely they'll only go for five loosies and five outside backs, which leaves two extra spots, and it's possible as well they opt for only three locks.

At this point in time, it's hard to see Ben Afeaki being overlooked for one front row spot. Charlie Faumuina is out injured, and Afeaki has been the form tighthead in New Zealand (and arguably in the competition). No young hooker is yet to put their hand up demanding selectino, so I think they'll stick to just two hookers for June and let a few of the younger guys battle it out in the ITM Cup (the most probable candidates for the EOYT being Coles, Funnell, Marshall and Coltman). One of Wyatt Crockett and Ben Franks will be selected, I'd imagine, to back up Woodcock. Franks has been better this year, so far, and has had more success at international level (although in the tighthead jersey), so he probably has the inside running.

At lock, Hansen and co. will simply opt for one of three options: Ali Williams, Dominic Bird or no one. Williams has performed better this season than last year, so is a more justified decision now, form wise. That being said, he was selected for his experience, which I think is no longer needed. Dominic Bird is the next cab of the ranks, but like the third hooker may be told to maintain his form for Canterbury in the ITM Cup. With Romano and Whitelock in the All Blacks, he'll get another full season of matches. I think the selectors may opt to have no fourth lock in the squad, and instead use one of the loose forwards as cover.

Only Cane and Read are certainties for the June squad, with Read likely captaining the team. With Messam being the premier blindside flanker last year, he will probably grab a spot. Vito is also likely, as the main back up to Read. That leaves room for one or two more loose forwards. Almost certainly one of Brad Shields and Steven Luatua will be selected, potentially both. Luatua is the favourite at the moment, I think, and his versatility means selecting only three locks is justifiable. None of the openside options have done anything new in this years competition so far, and are unlikely to grab a spot. Ardie Savea is the most promising newcomer, but is still a year away from selection. That means we may well see both Shields and Luatua in the squad - at least to get them time in the environment before they are forced onto the field.

The above selections would allow fifteen backs to be selected. Smith hasn't exactly set the world alight this season but his performances last year will be enough to grant him the numero uno halfback spot. Depending on Kerr-Barlow's form when he returns, the selectors could opt for any combination behind Smith or Weepu/Kerr-Barlow/Perenara. Weepu is not a long term option, but is a favourite of the selectors. His skill set is dissimilar to the other three candidates and his goal kicking is a huge asset with neither Cruden nor Barrett consistently slotting the goals. Kerr-Barlow was the third choice on the EOYT, but may be pipped by Perenara. Personally, I would use TKB and have Perenara accompany the squad on the EOYT (with Weepu sitting out). This is probably the toughest decision in the squad at the moment.

It is very likely Barrett will back up Cruden and Carter, even though his performances haven't been great this year. He is too promising a player with experience at the highest level already to be left out.

With seven centres and outside backs certainties (assuming Kahui's fitness), we are left with two more places in the squad. One of those positions will probably go to Charles Piutau, who can back up Dagg at fullback. Ben Smith looks set to back up Conrad at centre, and it sounds like Kahui may be played on the wing first and foremost. I would wager that the final position will therefore go to a midfielder. Andrew Horrell is no longer in contention, which means it's probably a straight shoot out between Francis Saili and Rene Ranger. Tim Bateman, Ryan Crotty and Robbie Fruean have not done enough to warrant selection, and no longer have age on their side (though none of them are 'old' as such). Ranger is probably the better short term option, but with expiry dates nearing for Conrad Smith and Nonu, the selectors may not want to go with another ageing player. Were it up to me, Saili would be in the squad. With only one or two other new caps being selected in the backs, and plenty of experience in the centres already, I think the selectors may do the same. It will hinge on Saili breaking back into the Blues first XV, however.

So, after all that, my predicted squad for the June series is:
Hookers - Mealamu, Hore
Props - Woodcock, Franks, Franks, Afeaki*
Locks - Whitelock, Romano, Retalick
Loose Forwards - Messam, Cane, Read, Luatua*, Shields*, Vito
Halfbacks - Smith, Weepu, Perenara*
First Fives - Carter, Cruden, Barrett
Centres - Nonu, Smith, Saili*, Smith
Wings - Savea, Kahui, Gear
Fullbacks - Dagg, Piutau*

I still dont get why Hanson would select A smith when he could have Peranara, Weepu and Kerr barlow.... to me thats a no brainer.

And if Cane doesnt pick his form up id drop him and go with the new guy Ardie Savea. They have tried cane so we know what he's got. Id be trying A Savea now aswell to see how he goes. The WC isnt that far away and im not liking what im seeing from Carter and Mccaw. (I think atleast one of those two will be a liability come WC time).

I would drop Barrett outright aswell. Tell him his defence needs to improve and take Gareth Anscombe instead.

This is obviously only my thoughts at this stage in the season.

Last edited:
I still dont get why Hanson would select A smith when he could have Peranara, Weepu and Kerr barlow.... to me thats a no brainer.

And if Cane doesnt pick his form up id drop him and go with the new guy Ardie Savea. They have tried cane so we know what he's got. Id be trying A Savea now aswell to see how he goes. The WC isnt that far away and im not liking what im seeing from Carter and Mccaw. (I think atleast one of those two will be a liability come WC time).

I would drop Barrett outright aswell. Tell him his defence needs to improve and take Gareth Anscombe instead.

Ayeeee? Ardie Savea had one good game, then was non-existent in the next one. He's a great physical specimen, but he has a lot to work on. The Hurricanes aren't even taking him to South Africa, favouring Lam and Lowe over him. Cane is in the top five for turnovers won and tackles made (or was, going into this round), he's probably one of the busiest players to have played this year.

If Saili is picked id be expecting Rene Ranger and Robbie Fruean to be looking aboard.

Ranger has been flirting with Montpellier for a while now. I too think he'll end up taking the money if he's not selected this year.

If Saili is picked id be expecting Rene Ranger and Robbie Fruean to be looking aboard.

Yep Ranger has to be included if he's sticking around. He actually leads the pilfering stat atm aswell.

Invictus: your right about Ardie and Sam Cane has been alot better than i thought when i looked through the stats I did remember he has been quite good. Its actually Messam thats been a bit of a shocker of late.

I also disagree about Weepu he's a dead cert no matter what you say.

Last edited:
Ranger has been flirting with Montpellier for a while now. I too think he'll end up taking the money if he's not selected this year.

i wouldnt blame him if he did, if his current form doesnt get him in the squad nothing will. big loss for the Auckland Blues if he were to go.

Yep Ranger has to be included if he's sticking around. He actually leads the pilfering stat atm aswell.

Invictus: your right about Ardie and Sam Cane has been alot better than i thought when i looked through the stats I did remember he has been quite good. Its actually Messam thats been a bit of a shocker of late.

I also disagree about Weepu he's a dead cert no matter what you say.

I don't think Ranger has the same potential as Saili, personally. I'd prefer Saili to be selected.

Messam has been very average this season. I think he'll still make it due to (narrowly) being the incumbent. I don't think he'll make the 2015 squad, however, providing Shields and/or Luatua press on well.

I don't think Ranger has the same potential as Saili, personally. I'd prefer Saili to be selected.

If they wanted to bleed a young promising centre it would be Bundy Aki wouldnt it?? i dont rate Saili that high just yet.

Its a shame Corey Jane is out. When will he return to full fitness?

I believe he is out for the whole year... Earliest would be ITM Cup.

We've got five more weeks before the All Blacks squad will form for the June test series against France.

The last couple of weeks has seen a few players go down, whereas others have stamped their mark on the competition.

It looks like there will only be thirty players selected in the squad, below I'll outline who I think will be selected now.

Guaranteed (19):
- K Mealamu
- A Hore
- T Woodcock
- O Franks
- S Whitelock
- L Romano
- B Retalick
- S Cane
- K Read
- A Smith
- D Carter
- A Cruden
- M Nonu
- C Smith
- R Kahui
- J Savea
- H Gear
- I Dagg
- B Smith

That leaves room for two front rowers, one lock, four loose forwards, one halfback, one centre and two outside backs. It's likely they'll only go for five loosies and five outside backs, which leaves two extra spots, and it's possible as well they opt for only three locks.

At this point in time, it's hard to see Ben Afeaki being overlooked for one front row spot. Charlie Faumuina is out injured, and Afeaki has been the form tighthead in New Zealand (and arguably in the competition). No young hooker is yet to put their hand up demanding selectino, so I think they'll stick to just two hookers for June and let a few of the younger guys battle it out in the ITM Cup (the most probable candidates for the EOYT being Coles, Funnell, Marshall and Coltman). One of Wyatt Crockett and Ben Franks will be selected, I'd imagine, to back up Woodcock. Franks has been better this year, so far, and has had more success at international level (although in the tighthead jersey), so he probably has the inside running.

At lock, Hansen and co. will simply opt for one of three options: Ali Williams, Dominic Bird or no one. Williams has performed better this season than last year, so is a more justified decision now, form wise. That being said, he was selected for his experience, which I think is no longer needed. Dominic Bird is the next cab of the ranks, but like the third hooker may be told to maintain his form for Canterbury in the ITM Cup. With Romano and Whitelock in the All Blacks, he'll get another full season of matches. I think the selectors may opt to have no fourth lock in the squad, and instead use one of the loose forwards as cover.

Only Cane and Read are certainties for the June squad, with Read likely captaining the team. With Messam being the premier blindside flanker last year, he will probably grab a spot. Vito is also likely, as the main back up to Read. That leaves room for one or two more loose forwards. Almost certainly one of Brad Shields and Steven Luatua will be selected, potentially both. Luatua is the favourite at the moment, I think, and his versatility means selecting only three locks is justifiable. None of the openside options have done anything new in this years competition so far, and are unlikely to grab a spot. Ardie Savea is the most promising newcomer, but is still a year away from selection. That means we may well see both Shields and Luatua in the squad - at least to get them time in the environment before they are forced onto the field.

The above selections would allow fifteen backs to be selected. Smith hasn't exactly set the world alight this season but his performances last year will be enough to grant him the numero uno halfback spot. Depending on Kerr-Barlow's form when he returns, the selectors could opt for any combination behind Smith or Weepu/Kerr-Barlow/Perenara. Weepu is not a long term option, but is a favourite of the selectors. His skill set is dissimilar to the other three candidates and his goal kicking is a huge asset with neither Cruden nor Barrett consistently slotting the goals. Kerr-Barlow was the third choice on the EOYT, but may be pipped by Perenara. Personally, I would use TKB and have Perenara accompany the squad on the EOYT (with Weepu sitting out). This is probably the toughest decision in the squad at the moment.

It is very likely Barrett will back up Cruden and Carter, even though his performances haven't been great this year. He is too promising a player with experience at the highest level already to be left out.

With seven centres and outside backs certainties (assuming Kahui's fitness), we are left with two more places in the squad. One of those positions will probably go to Charles Piutau, who can back up Dagg at fullback. Ben Smith looks set to back up Conrad at centre, and it sounds like Kahui may be played on the wing first and foremost. I would wager that the final position will therefore go to a midfielder. Andrew Horrell is no longer in contention, which means it's probably a straight shoot out between Francis Saili and Rene Ranger. Tim Bateman, Ryan Crotty and Robbie Fruean have not done enough to warrant selection, and no longer have age on their side (though none of them are 'old' as such). Ranger is probably the better short term option, but with expiry dates nearing for Conrad Smith and Nonu, the selectors may not want to go with another ageing player. Were it up to me, Saili would be in the squad. With only one or two other new caps being selected in the backs, and plenty of experience in the centres already, I think the selectors may do the same. It will hinge on Saili breaking back into the Blues first XV, however.

So, after all that, my predicted squad for the June series is:
Hookers - Mealamu, Hore
Props - Woodcock, Franks, Franks, Afeaki*
Locks - Whitelock, Romano, Retalick
Loose Forwards - Messam, Cane, Read, Luatua*, Shields*, Vito
Halfbacks - Smith, Weepu, Perenara*
First Fives - Carter, Cruden, Barrett
Centres - Nonu, Smith, Saili*, Smith
Wings - Savea, Kahui, Gear
Fullbacks - Dagg, Piutau*

Overall a very good summary of where we are at. The only thing I don't agree with is the forward: backs ratio you have suggested in the squad (15 forwards :15 backs). Traditionally in a 30-man squad you would have a 16:14 split or a 17:13 split. I assume we will see 8-man benches used for the June tests - if so I personally would be in favour of a 17:13 split.

My $0.0165 AUD:

Props: I would be surprised if there were not 5 props selected - we opted for 5 last season even before we needed 2 on the bench. Woodcock and Owen Franks are certainties (as you suggest), and assuming Afeaki gets back to full fitness soon he too is almost a certainty. The next best two props in the country are Ben Franks and Wyatt Crockett so I expect them to be included.

Hookers: I reckon the AB's will stick with the two old hookers as you suggest. If Coles had not been injured he could have pushed a lot harder for selection. Elliot
is out of favour with the Chiefs coaches (and the Hawke's Bay coaches.... and the All Blacks coaches), while none of the younger hookers (Marshall, Funnell, Coltman etc) have had near enough experience. Cory Flynn has played consistently well for the Crusaders and it wouldn't actually surprise me if he was considered if either Hore or Mealamu got injured.

Locks: Agree entirely with your analysis - it is either Williams for the 4th locking spot or no-one. Personally I would opt for no-one, but I suspect the AB's selectors will take Williams.

Loosies: I reckon Read, Cane, Vito, and Messam are certainties. Whether they take another 1 or two loosies is an interesting debate. Personally I reckon they will only take one. The selectors have shown in the past they are big fans of Brad Shields, however I think they would be mad to select him over Luatua based on this seasons form - Shields has been good, but Luatua has been simply outstanding. If the selectors do opt for 6 loosies I can't see room for both Luatua and Shields given they already have piles of cover for 6 and 8 in the squad. The only reason I could see for opting for 6 loosies is to include cover for Sam Cane at 7. Personally I would opt for Luke Braid. as he has been (again!) the best NZ 7 on display this season in my opinion, but I suspect the selectors are more likely to opt for Matt Todd (or even John Hardie).

Halfbacks: I would be surprised if Smith and Weepu aren't selected again. I'm not sure whether they will pick three halfback, but I suspect Kerr-Barlow will be picked if this is the case. I still reckon Perenara is the most talented of the lot, but I feel he won't get picked until the end of year tour.

First-fives: It depends whether they go for 2 or 3 first-fives. Personally I think they will go for 3 (if they take a 30-man squad), with the 3rd being Barrett.

Mid-field: Nonu, Kahui, Smith & Smith are certainties (assuming Kahui is fit). Personally I would look at blooding a new midfield back (preferably a 12), but between those four I reckon the AB's selectors will consider they have the area covered. Ranger is a certainly a good option if he is staying. In terms of 12 options Saili is certainly the most promising - I'm a fan of Crotty (who has played well this season), but I'm not convinced he is really a test 12.

Outside backs: Gear, Savea, and Dagg are certainties, with B Smith and Kahui also options. I reckon the AB's selectors will either look at taking Ranger or pick another outside back (with Piutau the obvious choice). Piutau is not without flaws (a high error rate, and he gets tunnel vision once he gets the ball), but he is phenomenal with ball in hand.

I think we have been through this more than a few times ;) A Smith offers a different skill-set to the others (and was outstanding at times for the AB's last season). I would be surprised if he wasn't picked.

While I agree Barrett hasn't been at his best, he is a certainty if they take three 10's. Anscombe has impressed this season (at fullback), but I don't think he is near ready to be a test first-five. He has never shown the ability to control the game in the 10 jersey (even at ITM Cup level) - indeed he has looked much better this season when he hasn't had the responsibility to control the game. In addition if you are worried about Barrett's defense Anscombe would not be a good replacement, as he is probably one of the few players in NZ rugby who are worse defenders than Barrett!

Ayeeee? Ardie Savea had one good game, then was non-existent in the next one. He's a great physical specimen, but he has a lot to work on. The Hurricanes aren't even taking him to South Africa, favouring Lam and Lowe over him. Cane is in the top five for turnovers won and tackles made (or was, going into this round), he's probably one of the busiest players to have played this year.

I agree entirely. Savea is a freak, but he is barely ready for Super Rugby level at this stage (let alone test level). In any case Savea will be in France with the U20's while France are over here. Cane has overall been very impressive this season in my opinion - more justifying his spot as McCaw's back-up in my opinion.

If they wanted to bleed a young promising centre it would be Bundy Aki wouldnt it?? i dont rate Saili that high just yet.

I don't think Aki will be anywhere near AB's selection. He was good in the ITM Cup, but he has been pretty quiet for the Chiefs. Saili is far more promising in my opinion, while Crotty wouldn't let the AB's down either. Bateman has been a bit disappointing in my opinion, but I suspect he would still be rated ahead of Aki.

Why I didn't go with five props is that there really won't be enough time to see them all play.

Three matches, that's probably enough to give Woodcock two games and one other loose head one game. Likewise, for the tight head spot. The fifth player might get ten minutes off the bench for the whole tour.

Of course, that sort of contradicts what I've done with the loose forwards, but I think it'd be good for Shields and Luatua to at least be immersed in the environment. Franks and Crockett have both been there already, there isn't a huge amount to be gained for them if they aren't playing.

Why I didn't go with five props is that there really won't be enough time to see them all play.

Three matches, that's probably enough to give Woodcock two games and one other loose head one game. Likewise, for the tight head spot. The fifth player might get ten minutes off the bench for the whole tour.

Of course, that sort of contradicts what I've done with the loose forwards, but I think it'd be good for Shields and Luatua to at least be immersed in the environment. Franks and Crockett have both been there already, there isn't a huge amount to be gained for them if they aren't playing.

Though I see where you are coming from, they need to insure they have cover in case of injury. In a 23-man match-day squad you need 4 props - if you only have 4 props in the squad if one gets injured you need to call in another prop (who may no be that familiar with the teams systems). In contrast you only need 4 loose-forwards in your 23, hence there would be 2 loosies each week not playing. Having three players who are best suited to 6 in the squad isn't ideal either (I wouldn't like to see Shields, Messam or Luatua play in any other position for the AB's at this stage of their careers).

I don't really have that much of an issue with 6 loosies (though I think they need two 7's if they are going to go that way). I just don't think there is any chance they would take 15 backs in a 30-man squad - I would imagine the would take 14, though personally I would be tempted to take only 13.

Were they touring I'd definitely agree with you - but it's not really a big deal if someone gets injured. The same argument you've given for the props goes for hookers etc. as well. Likewise, if you're a prop there's not a whole lot to learn re: the team systems ;)

Were they touring I'd definitely agree with you - but it's not really a big deal if someone gets injured. The same argument you've given for the props goes for hookers etc. as well. Likewise, if you're a prop there's not a whole lot to learn re: the team systems ;)

Yep, that is why I personally go for 3 hookers in a 30-man squad (I reckon a 26 or 28-man squad is probably more likely, but that is another story!). I'm not a prop (as I'm about 40-50kgs to light), but I would imagine they would have a bit to learn in terms of team lineout calls etc.

I think we need to focus on picking the best squad possible (rather than just select players to give them a bit of experience in the squad environment). If they want to give young players a chance in the squad environment they should bring them into training squads. This squad should be the basis of the Rugby Championship squad, hence we should opt for a similar squad make-up as we will use there. Woodcock is becoming increasingly injury prone (and is in poor form) so I think we need to have both Crockett and Ben Franks involved. Indeed if the scrumagging laws change again soon with the 'hit' removed (which has been mooted) Crockett may well be our first choice loose-head by the end of the year!

Last edited:
The two players who I certainly hope are included is TJ Peranara (who I think has found some great form again. In my mind he has the most complete game of any halfback, particularly his defense has been something special this season. He delivers ball pretty accurately in my opinion (he has the knack of getting the bqall away even when it looks like he's been tied up) and he has a great running game. I honestly don't understand how some people prefer Kerr-Barlow, who while not bad just looks like a messier version of Peranara.

The other is Steve Luatua who has just been a beast. What I like most is that hes getting those hard yards over the advantage line. It kills me when you hear Marshall talking about how he needs to work on his offloading. No. We don't need looseforwards focusing on offloading. It's nice but I'm much happier have a fricking forward who can make it past the advantage line! I genuinely think only Sam Cane, Richie McCaw and Kieran Read have really done that on a regular basis for the Ab's last year. People pointed to Romano, but he always runs too high and gets the ball too late that he hits the line hard and upright, and thus gets driven back. Then you have Messam who makes 100m's running sideways before contact...I thought Vito looked improved but if there is one thing last year confirmed (which I've said all along) it's that Vito is a #8 and not a blindside flanker.

The two players who I certainly hope are included is TJ Peranara (who I think has found some great form again. In my mind he has the most complete game of any halfback, particularly his defense has been something special this season. He delivers ball pretty accurately in my opinion (he has the knack of getting the bqall away even when it looks like he's been tied up) and he has a great running game. I honestly don't understand how some people prefer Kerr-Barlow, who while not bad just looks like a messier version of Peranara.

I reckon the big thing Kerr-Barlow has over any other halfback in New Zealand rugby is his defense, and his ability to put pressure on the opposition. He is a big physical halfback who makes a lot of tackles - the Chiefs defense close to the breakdown is near impenetrable with him at 9. The Chiefs have struggled since he has been out injured. He is very good at attacking opposition ball at the breakdown too - he forces at least 1 turnover a game in this area. He also puts a lot of pressure on the opposition halfback at the base of the scrum/breakdown, preventing the opposition getting clean ball. I still think he needs to improve his accuracy, but I can understand why the AB's selectors regard him very highly.

Perenara is a very good defender in his own right, but he is very different to Kerr-Barlow in this respect. He doesn't made near as many tackles, but he is a great organizer of the defense, and is exceptional in cover defense (easily the best halfback in the country in this regard). Personally I would include him if I was picking and AB's squad, but I suspect the AB's selectors will wait until the end of year tour to blood him (as I'm sure they will pick Weepu - with some justification this season!).

The other is Steve Luatua who has just been a beast. What I like most is that hes getting those hard yards over the advantage line. It kills me when you hear Marshall talking about how he needs to work on his offloading. No. We don't need looseforwards focusing on offloading. It's nice but I'm much happier have a fricking forward who can make it past the advantage line! I genuinely think only Sam Cane, Richie McCaw and Kieran Read have really done that on a regular basis for the Ab's last year. People pointed to Romano, but he always runs too high and gets the ball too late that he hits the line hard and upright, and thus gets driven back. Then you have Messam who makes 100m's running sideways before contact...I thought Vito looked improved but if there is one thing last year confirmed (which I've said all along) it's that Vito is a #8 and not a blindside flanker.

Agree entirely re: Luatua. I hasn't heard Marshall mention his offloading, but I actually thought he had a pretty handy offloading game. Foxsports.com.au have him with 10 offloads for the season (twice as many as Messam) and 4th= among all forwards!

The front row and locks pretty much pick themselves at this point. Good thing for the props as I think the AB props have been good; while not really good news for the Hookers as Kev has just gotten healthy again and Hore has been terrible. That and we have no viable All Black level hooking option coming up the ranks like we do at halfback. I like Parsons and McCartney from the Blues, but not sure if they're at that level. With the locks, it's Whitelock, Roman, and Retallick. Maybe a fourth but who know.s Romano has really been playing lights out for me. Luatua has to, at the very least, be considered. I like Matt Todd, but with Cane there, it seems unlikely for him (though who would we have as reserve number 7? I guess the bigger concern is at blindside, and I haven't been impressed with messam lately. So Luatua seems the more logical option seeing as that would be 2 birds with one stone (form player + young player).

We have a logjam at halfback right now; I'd be pretty happy with any combination of the top 4. Heck, even if Willie Heinz somehow made the team, that'd be alright too. At number 10; I'd select DC and Ac right away. And see how we go from there. Not convinced about Barrett anymore; so I'd be much more comfortable in picking Anscombe over him at this point. He's basically Stephen Brett v2 at this point in his career (promise; but share the same mental lapses and defensive frailties).

The midfield is not as bad as the hooking position, but at least we have some promise here. I like Ben Smith at 12, personally, but most people would be opposed to two 'similar' players (Ben at 12 and Conrad at 13) - I dunno why,. Ben is a more explosive player than Conrad...I'd pick Ranger over Saili if I had to; but wouldn't be remiss at whoever made it out of the two. Kahui should be there as well. Our deepest position is arguably the outside backs- you could spin a wheel with the form backs of the competition as well as past ABs and throw a dart; and you'd land with a pretty good bunch. So no worries here.

Last edited:

Latest posts