• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks looking for a new shirt sponsor

They just signed a deal and will now have TRUMP written across their jerseys. :D Just kidding Jabby, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

th

at deserves a down vote!

I said I was only kidding and wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Whatever sponsor New Zealand gets I hope the logo isn't overbearing. Some logos just don't fit in with the rest of the jersey. For example, I like the Glasgow Warriors, but their main sponsor logo looks out of place on their jerseys. :eek:

58110432.jpg

still an interesting choice considering as far as i know they dont trade in NZ, must really see the "global brand" aspect as worth it

purely from a design point....its not a bad logo, will be interesting to see if they have negotiated anything weird like removing the border from the AIG logo, maybe just the word ALTRAD?

Would love to see them do something like the old steinlarger logo, small on the right breast and adidas in the middle, pipe dream obviously

240398528_383998693081975_1866433387273732292_n.jpg

The All Blacks have agreed to put the name Altrad on the front of their jerseys from 2022, a deal that will push their total kit sponsorship to over $50 million a year.

The French building supplies company which also sponsors the French national team and owns Montpellier Herault Rugby Club has seen off competition from major Japanese corporations as well as Amazon to secure the naming rights to rugby's most coveted real estate.

Altrad will replace AIG as the All Blacks' front of jersey sponsor once the existing deal with the US insurance group expires at the end of this year.

As revealed by the Herald in June, UK-based petrochemical company Ineos have agreed a separate deal to put their name on the back of the All Blacks' shorts from next year and the combined value of those two agreements is understood to be more than $50m a year.

This makes the All Blacks playing kit the most valuable uniform in world rugby.

It is believed that the agreement with Altrad is the most expensive jersey sponsorship in rugby history, worth about 50 per cent more than England's recently renewed agreement with telecommunications company O2.

The Altrad logo like any main logo plastered across the front of the black jersey is always going to be an eyesore... didn't like some of the conditions NZ Rugby agreed to with Altrad, but sponsorship is very crucial in the Covid era, so basically have to go with it.

mocked up by the NZ herald, better than AIG for me, obviously no sponsor would be better

XMW7K6MMYXNCWWWYFEQ6FCOUNE.jpg

Yeah, the Altrad logo does look better than the AIG one... always thought that the white around the AB collar didn't look right, noticed in the last match though they changed it to a thinner white sort of pinstripe around the collar which looks so much better.

Yeah, the Altrad logo does look better than the AIG one... always thought that the white around the AB collar didn't look right, noticed in the last match though they changed it to a thinner white sort of pinstripe around the collar which looks so much better.
have to say, never understood the hate for the white collar, the AB jersey has had a white color for all but about 12 years

have to say, never understood the hate for the white collar, the AB jersey has had a white color for all but about 12 years
Because the jersey doesn't actually have a collar on it like the old AB jersey did have always thought it didn't look great having the wide white strip around the neck... just reckon it looks classier with the thinner strip.

Bit of a random question, but has anyone ever purchased something because of the logos/ marketing on your teams shirts?

I was wondering how much companies pay vs the rewards for the marketing. I wonder if it a sun-conscious thing rather than a direct choice.

I try and buy shirts without big logos on the front if I can avoid it. Don't like being a walking advertising board for these firms.

Bit of a random question, but has anyone ever purchased something because of the logos/ marketing on your teams shirts?

I was wondering how much companies pay vs the rewards for the marketing. I wonder if it a sun-conscious thing rather than a direct choice.
I assumed it's worth it…I don't think company's drop tens of millions if there wasn't a benefit

I tend to think it's more about raising the overall profile, becoming a household name, rather than convincing people who have bought a jersey to then buy your product
In saying that I might not buy a jersey because it has a sponsor I don't like

I tend to think it's more about raising the overall profile, becoming a household name, rather than convincing people who have bought a jersey to then buy your product
Aye, it's all about name/brand recognition

No one watches a washing machine tablet commercial and goes "Wait, my washing machine will live longer with Calgon? I'm sold!", but next time you're walking down the supermarket aisle the brand will stand out against others because you've heard of it

Same with, for example, UKFast sponsoring Sale - no one is rushing out to switch their webhosting to UKFast because they've seen it on a rugby shirt, but I'd never heard of them before they started sponsoring so if I did need webhosting on a large scale then I know they exist now

Aye, it's all about name/brand recognition

No one watches a washing machine tablet commercial and goes "Wait, my washing machine will live longer with Calgon? I'm sold!", but next time you're walking down the supermarket aisle the brand will stand out against others because you've heard of it

Same with, for example, UKFast sponsoring Sale - no one is rushing out to switch their webhosting to UKFast because they've seen it on a rugby shirt, but I'd never heard of them before they started sponsoring so if I did need webhosting on a large scale then I know they exist now
this is where id love to talk to a marketing person, because in my mind a company would get huge press if they bought the rght to the front of jersey...and then didn't put anything on it, or just put a small on on the chest or arm

this is where id love to talk to a marketing person, because in my mind a company would get huge press if they bought the rght to the front of jersey...and then didn't put anything on it, or just put a small on on the chest or arm
I think a gambling company did that with soccer kits in the uk a couple years ago.

but olyy is right the constant banging over the head is worth more than a one time press boom. Have a kid see your name all the time and once they disposable income they might become a climber/consumer.

Latest posts