Status
Not open for further replies.

Perthshire

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Scotland
What do Members think about the fact that Craig Joubert will be involved in a Scotland 6Nations game so soon after his non-sensical performance at RWC 2015???????

I hope he will bring his guide-dog to the field this time

Oh get over it
Scotland didn't deserve to go through, they got lucky with Joubert for the rest of the game disallowing a Wallaby try and gifting them opportunities and letting them get away with laying all over the ruck.
Yes he should have asked the TMO for a decision on who touched to ball last but the fact is the prop who snatched should have learned the rules and left the ball well alone.
Then there was still ample time to for the Wallabies to win the game outright as they had perfect field and time to make a score.
It would have been a travesty of justice of Scotland had gone through.

Oh get over it
Scotland didn't deserve to go through, they got lucky with Joubert for the rest of the game disallowing a Wallaby try and gifting them opportunities and letting them get away with laying all over the ruck.
Yes he should have asked the TMO for a decision on who touched to ball last but the fact is the prop who snatched should have learned the rules and left the ball well alone.
Then there was still ample time to for the Wallabies to win the game outright as they had perfect field and time to make a score.
It would have been a travesty of justice of Scotland had gone through.

So all in all you say it was bad refereeing by Joubert ? ;)

He's doing it as an assistant referee.

The question is whether Joubert is good enough to referee international rugby, not whether he is biased against Scotland.

Downright Dismal, Never mind Bad refereeing by Joubert should never referee again IMHO

- - - Updated - - -

this coming from a gent whose country failed to make the knockout stages of RWC2015 :D

You only did because Japan were given a 3 day turnaround.

this coming from a gent whose country failed to make the knockout stages of RWC2015 :D

What's that got to do with anything?
We've accepted we weren't good enough.
You would've thought, considering their history of being bloody terrible, the Scots would've done the same by now.

What's that got to do with anything?
We've accepted we weren't good enough.
You would've thought, considering their history of being bloody terrible, the Scots would've done the same by now.
I state my point Again

We were robbed by sheer Incompetence

Refereeing appointments aren't made on the basis of whatever vendettas Scotland holds against referees...

You're going to have to build a more compelling case than that he got one game wrong. If you dropped every referee who had one bad game, we wouldn't have any left...

One legitimate mistake in the dying minutes does not mean you were robbed.

One legitimate mistake in the dying minutes does not mean you were robbed.
Legitamate, are you having a laugh

sheer incompetence is what it was

- - - Updated - - -

According to Law Accidental offside is a scrum NOT a penalty

Except that wasn't what he ruled it as being was it?

Not everyone gets everything 100% right it wasn't an easy call to make in real time and he wasn't allowed to backtrack it.

There were plenty of far worse calls throughout the world cup get over it.

People saying get over always lol me.

How many years did it take us Kiwis to get over Wayne Barnes? 8 years later it was still a major talking point.

I think it would not have hurt to make sure he wasn't involved in any Scottish games while the wounds are so fresh, its common sense.

Any fan would be ****** if it happened to their team, lets be honest.

According to Law Accidental offside is a scrum NOT a penalty

Accidental doesn't mean your prop interferes in play where he reaches out and grabs the ball from an offside position, he was cheating and he got what he deserved.

You were playing two players who shouldn't even have been on the park. They had 3 week bans overturned to nothing. That was rubbish in itself. Both of those deserved a one week ban and getting let off smacked of giving Scotland their players back to make a game of it.Then you have Hogg who is a simulating cheating bustid who brings the game into disrepute.

If Japan had been given a week to recover they would have beaten you.

Aussie were still going to win that game, thats what upsets me about the penalty call.
Joubert took away the Aussie chance to do it themselves. They would have done it anyway.
Scotland were about to get a man in the bin and a penalty try against them. They had completely run out of steam and were rolling backwards at a rate of knots. They were cheating like crazy to hold up the yellow tide.
There's nothing more that the Jocks like than the potential of a win taken away from them. It's not like they're EVER going to win anything anyway so they live for the great 'nearly miss'.
Much like they didn't even have it in them to break away from England in the referendum.
"Oh it was close, but next time Jimmy, we'll have 'em."
Yes the Jocks played out of their skins against the depleted Wallaby team but they didn't deserve to win and Aussie were going to knick it anyway, Joubert just got in the way.
Now the Jocks will moan about him and that game for the rest of our lives.
"Och aye, it were a bad decision, but it were nae as bad as that Kreeg Shoe-beer bustid"
It's all we are going to hear for years and the Jocks love it that way.
Joubert had been VERY kind to keep Scotland in the game long before the 77th minute.
The best team won and thats that.

Last edited:
I state my point Again

We were robbed by sheer Incompetence

You were not robbed because the Aussies would have still had a scrum with their put in right down in your 22. The game wasn't over so you cannot say you were robbed, change the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts