• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Semi Finals (29 June 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

QWfy9jJ.png
Er9w71N.png
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Stadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 01:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

CVOh3Db.png
Er9w71N.png
vpS1LbI.png

Venue: Orangetheory Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

JAGUARES
HURRICANES
You must be excited... if that happens, the Jaguares get to be at home for the final!

However, the Crusaders just look too tough to me... There's something inevitable about them, even when they fall behind, much like the Saracens... Gotta go with

JAG over BRU (Jags didn't look spectacular last week, but with the travel the Brumbies have to endure, I doubt they'll have enough in the tank)
CRU over HUR (see Saracens comparison, above)

Imagine if the Jaguares did go on to win it all? That would be a watershed moment for Argentina!

Brumbies are my team, so I'm sticking with them even though the Jaguares are favored.
Crusaders will win again, although I hope they don't.

You must be excited... if that happens, the Jaguares get to be at home for the final!

However, the Crusaders just look too tough to me... There's something inevitable about them, even when they fall behind, much like the Saracens... Gotta go with

JAG over BRU (Jags didn't look spectacular last week, but with the travel the Brumbies have to endure, I doubt they'll have enough in the tank)

Imagine if the Jaguares did go on to win it all? That would be a watershed moment for Argentina!

The Jaguares are now in unknown territory, and I hope they make the finals. They are probably the only team whose sole focus was on Super Rugby, while all the other teams were semi-focused on upcoming RWC.

It is never too late to dream, I know Crusaders is playing very well.
I would like the Final to be played here in Argentina.

If the Hurricanes do win, I imagine it'll have to be because Ardie grabs like 3 or 4 turnovers and generally causes total chaos in the breakdown... I am officially very excited for this weekend!

Well, but first we must win, and then wait for it to win Hurricanes.
I m very excited for this weekend.

The Jaguares are now in unknown territory, and I hope they make the finals. They are probably the only team whose sole focus was on Super Rugby, while all the other teams were semi-focused on upcoming RWC.

oh it was that! everybody else was focused on the wc. sorry i thought we had improved! keep on with the excuses
first is a natiional team (too many internationals) now its the focus. does it hurt so much? mmh
if we beat the bocks can i say jaguares a franchise beat the bocks?
if we beat france or england can i say jaguares beat the rest of the world?

oh it was that! everybody else was focused on the wc. sorry i thought we had improved! keep on with the excuses
first is a natiional team (too many internationals) now its the focus. does it hurt so much? mmh
if we beat the bocks can i say jaguares a franchise beat the bocks?
if we beat france or england can i say jaguares beat the rest of the world?

Oh jump off your high horse. Where was the Jaguares' rest policy for their international players? Poor old Creevy had to play each and every game while guys like Handre Pollard was forced mid-tour to go back home and sit out 2 matches at a single stage.

I'm not making excuses. In fact I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the Bulls. Before the season started we didn't even had a coach! There were fears that we would have another poor season like we had the last 3 seasons. Instead we finished top of all the SA sides. That's not worthy of an excuse. That is worthy of an applause!!

Where was the Jaguares' rest policy for their international players? Poor old Creevy had to play each and every game while guys like Handre Pollard was forced mid-tour to go back home and sit out 2 matches at a single stage.
Last break he had was on the tour.
Highlanders vs Jaguares Starting Hooker: Montoya
Waratahs vs Jaguares Starting Hooker: Montoya

Additionally, when Pollard is on the field he generally plays the entire 80 minutes. I don't think Creevy has played 80 minutes a single game in his entire SR career. He always, invariably, gets subbed at around the 60-minute mark. Every single game he starts.

Oh jump off your high horse. Where was the Jaguares' rest policy for their international players? Poor old Creevy had to play each and every game while guys like Handre Pollard was forced mid-tour to go back home and sit out 2 matches at a single stage.

I'm not making excuses. In fact I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the Bulls. Before the season started we didn't even had a coach! There were fears that we would have another poor season like we had the last 3 seasons. Instead we finished top of all the SA sides. That's not worthy of an excuse. That is worthy of an applause!!
dear:
it's not that I'm on a high horse. I just think that Jaguares won cos they are playing better rugby than other teams. If u wanna think it was cos "nobody was focused in SR" go ahead. sounds like sour grapes to me.
it looks you haven't follow Jaguares this year. the team's rotation policy was praised from everyone! lost to the landers by 5pts and then make 12 changes to beat the hurricanes away. Creevy was rested vs sharks and sunwolves. he played just 40 min vs the chiefs. the rotation policies where aimed to the wc and to endure the toughest traveling schedule of all super rugby. traveling 8000 km for our conference games.

A question for Argentine posters

If the Jags did get to host the final in a week's time, would they switch the match to River Plate to get the bigger capacity (64,000 v the 50,000 at Velez Sarsfield) ?

I dont know but i'd be very surprised if that happened.
Velez (current stadium) is nowhere near at full capacity (if i recall correctly they had less than 18k for the QFs).
I'd wager most non river/velez supporters (to eliminate bias) would say that Velez is probably a better place to watch sports. You are closer to the field. I'm speculating even more here, but i'd argue the players wouldnt like to change stadiums either. You know the place, you have your routine, etc.

I could even understand if they picked somewhere outside Buenos Aires to promote the sport. But moving to River would be kinda silly imo.

Then again when it comes to structure and logistics sometimes we can't organize a **** up at a brewery, so who knows.

at full capacity it can host 50000 people wich is ok. and besides what cruz says and he is right thres also the tradition
rugby people had been going to velez for big rugby since the 80s when they moved from the smaller and wooden ferrocarril oeste
it would be a mistake to change stadiums. the only adv that river has is location. it is closer to the rugby zone.

OK. I'm officially changing my pick - I've talked myself into the 'Canes upsetting Goliath in an INCREDIBLE match. I've had a vision that Beauden is due for one of his bizarre poor kicking games... Every now and then, it's like he forgets how to kick, and it hasn't happened in a while. Hurricanes over the Crusaders by 2, with a missed penalty kick making the difference, and Ardie picking up Man of the Match.

(Puts down crystal ball)

OK. I'm officially changing my pick - I've talked myself into the 'Canes upsetting Goliath in an INCREDIBLE match. I've had a vision that Beauden is due for one of his bizarre poor kicking games... Every now and then, it's like he forgets how to kick, and it hasn't happened in a while. Hurricanes over the Crusaders by 2, with a missed penalty kick making the difference, and Ardie picking up Man of the Match.

(Puts down crystal ball)
If Hurricanes won I think Ardie Savea would be man of the match

Jaguares to dispatch the Brumbies with ease.
Hurricanes to do the Jaguares a favour and beat the Saders.

I'm on board for the Cinderella story, Jaguares champs 2019, lets go!

Caveat: Sadly I feel like if the Canes lose, the Crusaders all but have it in the bag, it's a loooong way to travel and the Crusaders are REALLY good at rugby.

Latest posts