• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 8 (5 & 6 April 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 5 April 2019

iZ3E9uZ.png
VS.
vpS1LbI.png

Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

fioHFlp.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 11:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 19:10 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 6 April 2019

CVOh3Db.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 06:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

mS6KHOz.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0H1BUm0.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

sMF6Yxy.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

canes
stormers
lions
saders
blues
sunwolves
bulls

I'm going with:

Highlanders vs Hurricanes
Reds vs Stormers
Lions vs Sharks (going with my heart on this one - I feel like the Sharks are going to wake up soon)
Crusaders vs Brumbies
Blues vs Waratahs
Rebels vs Sunwolves
Bulls vs Jaguares

I'm interested to see the how Dyanthi does at 13 against Am.

The sharks can certainly beat the lions, even without akker. But then Robert Du Preez needs to step up, and not have a shocker like against the Bulls.

Predictions:
Highlanders v Hurricanes - really I hope i'm wrong but the Canes haven't been their usual selves this year. just saw the Highlanders team, no Aaron Smith or Naholo. maybe it may be closer but the same result.
Reds v Stormers - The Reds are absolutely atrocious. Stormers will easily beat them.
Lions v Sharks
Crusaders v Brumbies
Blues v Waratahs
Rebels v Sunwolves
Bulls v Jaguares

looks like a home dominated week to me. the tight calls for me were Lions/Sharks and maybe Rebels v Sunwolves. the others i'm fairly confident in.

I'd ordinarily back the Bulls but they've made a lot of changes, it's an almost entirely new backline (barring burger Odendaal) Libbok excites me but Kotze/rissouw and his lot don't.
Also think hurricanes v Landers could go either way.

Does anyone else think Richard Buckman looks like an extra from a Pirate of the Caribbean movie?

upload_2019-4-4_14-52-28.png
ANYhoo,

Highlanders vs Hurricanes (I always say Highlanders will win, even when it's obvious they probably won't)
Reds vs Stormers (Stormers are looking a bit feisty)
Lions vs Sharks (Lions also look pretty amazing right now)
Crusaders vs Brumbies (I mean, come on)
Blues vs Waratahs (SBW looks a man possessed at the moment... looked like he was transforming into a werewolf or something last weekend)
Rebels vs Sunwolves (Gotta keep riding this improbable wave!)
Bulls vs Jaguares (Poor Jaguares ... what can you say?)

Bad passes killed the Highlanders tonight (early morning here in America). They had a 14 point lead in the second half...but let it slip away. :( Hurricanes win 31-28.

Last edited:
great win for the Hurricanes. was hoping for it but didn't expect it!.
Really? Canes were firm favourites

I think they only thing we threw away was the draw, canes came back hard every time we scored

Final Score - Reds 24 Stormers 12

Last edited:
The South African coastal teams are faltering again :( :( Stormers and Sharks had so much promise again and the individual talent is in the teams but there is something missing that causes them to fall before the final hurdle.

What's happened to the lions? They are unrecognizable.

When i see bosch i think it's a shame he'll never make it to the springboks. Most will disagree but i think he's as good as McK at FB. He's a bit inconsistent and makes silly mistakes every now and then but nothing out of the ordinary for a young player.

the Lions were absolutely dreadful tonight?. what's going on there. when was the last time they lost by 30 odd points at home?.

Have the Sharks finally got their act together? They could have beaten the Lions by 50.

Reds were a bit lucky that the Stormers couldn't convert in the 1st half but gotta give them credit for kicking it up a gear when they needed to

Latest posts