Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Sunday, 24 March 2019

fioHFlp.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 07:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

So Blues have their first win against Kiwi opposition since round 1 of 2016, one can't help but feel that there is a reshuffle happening in the NZ conference, Crusaders are steadfast as the best but positions 2-5 are up for grabs.

Hurricanes to beat the Stormers.
Crusaders to smash the Waratahs
Lions to put away the Sunwolves
Bulls to be too much for the Chiefs at altitude and at home
Sharks to finally come right agaisnt a Genia-less Rebels
This game is the only tough call, I'm going to be a bit contrary and go for the Brumbies away from home, just a gut feeling

I do think the Stormers are perhaps a capable team but we are traditionally awful travelers, compounded with the fact the the Canes despite having a slow start, seem to be back to their best, the one worry for the Canes would be our forward pack which is one of the best in the comp.

Crusaders are gonna pump the Tahs, one of the best packs vs one of the worst packs backlines none withstanding, this could get ugly.

Sunwolves are a good fighting team but they keep changing their lineup and at the best of times are easy to beat when dominated physically Lions should be up to the task. I expect a high scoring game.

Chiefs actually look to be on the up and up, if any upset is going to happen I expect it to happen in this game, that said i sincerely hope not, Bulls look in great form and have dominated the rest of the Saffer teams, time to assert that dominance on a Kiwi team that's flagging.

Again no reason why the Rebels can't win this game, Sharks have been shakey of late, I do feel like it's a bad game to rest Genia, it's a winnable away fixture and Genia is their talisman, one player does not make a team but he can make a difference. Without him the Sharks to dominate upfront and the Rebels to mentally check out.

Brumbies win I suppose, Aussie derbies, who knows.

Last edited:
Disappointing first half from the Bulls doesn't feel like they want it.

Thanx bud for doing this.

My apologies for my absence, my twins contracted a respiratory virus and we were stuck in hospital with while they were receiving oxygen around the clock.

I'll do this coming weekend's match thread again as they are now out of hospital and back home.

Thanx bud for doing this.

My apologies for my absence, my twins contracted a respiratory virus and we were stuck in hospital with while they were receiving oxygen around the clock.

I'll do this coming weekend's match thread again as they are now out of hospital and back home.
No stress, just wanted to talk about the rugby (although apparently noone else did).

I sincerely hope your children recover!

The Bulls were despicable, no pride in that display.

Latest posts