• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 17 (7 & 8 June 2019)

if it was such an advantaje SA would take, lets say the bulls to the wc. (ridiculous)
yes we ll have "fine tunnig" but not even closer to the other tier one nations in terms of depth and pool of players. (arg has less than 50 pro players to choose from + the europeans

Yea but, If we said all the Bulls will be Springboks for a period of four years, and they just have their current squad playing together in Super rugby and then playing together internationally then they will start to dominate the South African Conference in Super rugby in about two years time. Same for the Sharks and Stormers. Internationally I feel they might struggle more because we are then negating many of our playing numbers so this would not make sense as there would not only be the other teams that we leaveout but also the European based players.

For Argentina and where they are at in their evolution, I believe this works great for them and they will be a force to be reckoned with at the world cup, im absolutely sure of that. Don't take the Aussies trying to break down anything Super rugby related too seriously they will one week write something bad about the Jags and then the SA teams while glorifying their beloved Tasman rivals.

you really think you're gonna be able to explain math* to americans, smdh

fine, maths
Haha At first I thought they couldn't divide by 2. So I tried to explain that mathematic, and they still didn't get it. So I started with very low expectations. I then realised I might have inadvertently been a bit racist, so decided to give them benefit of the doubt.

Aah I think I see what your problem was. You can think this one through reasonably linearly.
These are our parameters:

1, or 3, or 5, 7,9 etc teams can have a bye on a given week, leaving an even number of teams to play against each other. At least one team has to have a buy

Each team plays 16 games.

Let's look at the options:

If you played 16 rounds then because one team would have to have a buy each round you'd have 15 teams having played 15 games, but one team would have had to have had two buys, hence only played 14 games.

What about 17 rounds? Now that team that only played 14 games in the scenario above can play a 15th, 13 other teams can play a 16th, but one other team has to remain having played 15.

What about 18 rounds? Now the two that had previously played 15 games can get their 16th. The remaining 13 could have a bye. Or you could distribute 12 of those buys in chunks of two to previous rounds. I.e 6 of the 18 rounds have 3 teams on a bye, the other 12 rounds have one team on a bye. 6 times 3 plus 22 times one equals 30. 30 divided by 15 teams equals 2 byes per team over the 18 rounds.

The funny thing is, after all the work y'all put into explaining all this, I realize that all anyone needed to say was, "The Crusaders have one more game than the others because they have a bye in the last week." lol

Thanks as always for all the thorough responses, y'all are the best. :)

Latest posts