• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 17 (7 & 8 June 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 7 June 2019

iZ3E9uZ.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

fioHFlp.png
VS.
mS6KHOz.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 8 June 2019

CVOh3Db.png
VS.
0H1BUm0.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

qq7ut5l.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Allianz Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
vpS1LbI.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

a2r4rag.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: DHL Newlands Stadium
Time: 17:10 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Emalfitani
Time: 21:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Bulls
Reds
Crusaders
Brumbies
Hurricanes
Stormers
Jaguares

The season's predictions could be summed up as "crusaders win, sunwolves lose, rest flip a coin". And even the crusaders were not as clinical as they've been the last seasons.

Landers
Reds
Crusaders
Tahs
Hurricanes
Stormers
Jaguares

LANDERS
BLUES
CRUSADERS
BRUMBIES
LIONS
STORMERS
JAGS

Handre Pollard has been flown back to New Zealand to play against the Highlanders. But the Bulls will be without Roscoe Specman who suffered a hamstring injury as well as Paul Schoeman. Warrick Gelant also has a ****le, but an assessment on his availability will be made later in the week.

Handre Pollard has been flown back to New Zealand to play against the Highlanders. But the Bulls will be without Roscoe Specman who suffered a hamstring injury as well as Paul Schoeman. Warrick Gelant also has a ****le, but an assessment on his availability will be made later in the week.

Thank you for the update, it's important enough for me to change one of my picks. I'm dropping the Bulls and going with the Highlanders.

Highlanders
Reds
Crusaders
Brumbies
Hurricanes
Stormers
Jaguares

Last edited:
With the squad we have at the Sharks, if we don't make the playoffs then we fire the coach and get a psychiatrist/Psychologist combo to come coach us with some guys who knows a bit about defence and offensive tactics to work in the backroom.

A victory against the Jags are essential. Does someone know if we can still make the playoffs if we lose to the Jags and win against the Stormers?

The only reason I wanted to persist with Robert du Perez was because of consistency and loyalty.

Consistency because the South African teams went through a tumultuous period with all the franchises having new coaches with a new coach in Alistair Coetzee at the Springboks failing the country. Three years is a good time to give a coach in order to make their mark.

Loyalty because I thought if we keep the coach then the players and especially his three sons, two of whom are absolutely crucial to the success of the Sharks will show some loyalty to their franchise and father and reject the money coming from Europe in order to build a legacy at the Sharks, I mean it's not as if they have low wages here... it's extremely high. But now all three have signed contracts overseas with the twins at least coming back next year for at least one more season. So no need to keep the coach if all of them go. I'd say bring in a foreigner to give some new perspective and an edge in terms of style.

My preferred candidates would be, Rennie or Scott Robinson but he won't leave the Crusaders.

Last edited:
A victory against the Jags are essential. Does someone know if we can still make the playoffs if we lose to the Jags and win against the Stormers?
There are a lot of variables but it's definitely possible, winning both games is definitely not essential to go through (although it does guarantee you do).

I don't think the Sharks are a bad team, main problem is consistency of performance, same with most SA teams.

On aggregate the SA teams are all pretty good honestly, I just don't have faith in ANY of them to win three games in a row (which is exactly what you have to do to win this comp).

I read something the other day that made what i thought was a good point. I dont think there is much difference between teams in the RSA conference. However, there is a huge difference in how we perform while touring oceania, and not just this season. Are south african teams questioning their approach give jaguares´ results in that sense?

Last season i thought we got lucky, but give this years results, who we played against and how we lost the only game we lost there, i now believe luck had little to do with it.

Btw, Moyano is out for the rest of the season. Lezana is out too.

Sharks' squad

1. Mzamo Majola
2. Kerron van Vuuren
3. Coenie Oosthuizen
4. Hyron Andrews
5. Ruan Botha
6. Jacques Vermeulen
7. Tyler Paul
8. Daniel du Preez
9. Louis Schreuder (c)
10. Robert du Preez
11. Makazole Mapimpi
12. Andre Esterhuizen
13. Lukhanyo Am
14. Sbu Nkosi
15. Curwin Bosch

Replacements
16. Craig Burden
17. Juan Schoeman
18. Thomas du Toit
19. Ruben van Heerden
20. Luke Stringer
21. Zee Mkhabela
22. Jeremy Ward
23. Aphelele Fassi

10. Robert du Preez
15. Curwin Bosch

I expected the Sharks to lose, but they aren't helping themselves by putting their in-form flyhalf at fullback so that the coaches' son can start at flyhalf.

Yea and it seems that they rested Jean Luc du Preez

So the contingent missing this game will be:
JLdP
Beast
Akker
Phillip van der Walt

And then we are playing a woefully out of form flyhalf so now I'm not confident in getting a result anymore.

Yea and it seems that they rested Jean Luc du Preez

So the contingent missing this game will be:
JLdP
Beast
Akker
Phillip van der Walt

And then we are playing a woefully out of form flyhalf so now I'm not confident in getting a result anymore.

Saw a joke the other day:

Q: Does the Sharks have a coach at the moment?
A: No, one of the dad's are helping out...

its me or sharks are crazy by playing with bosch at 15 instead of 10? sharks look way more dangerous with him at 10

Gimme my beloved Highlanders over the sometimes-frightening Bulls,
The Reds to eke out a close win in a boring installment of the Purple Cup,
Crusaders to crush the Rebels, just to make sure they can take it easy fully next week,
Brumbies to get a nice away win at the 'Tahs,
The Hurricanes to shock the Lions with a blowout win at altitude,
Stormers to easily beat the hapless Sunpuppies, and
The Jaguares to keep up their winning ways over the visiting Sharks

All predictions 100% accurate or double your money back!

Well, i am going to be the dissenting voice. I am not particularly fond of du preez, but i find bosch way more dangeours as 15 than as 10.
As 15 he will probably have less ball in hand, but he will have more space. Kind of like with Mckenzie.

His best game as 10 was probably against the lions. Jantijes was having a "i couldnt give a **** day".

Guido Petti has a pectoral muscle tear. With Lezana also injured, Kremer jumps to the starting XV as lock and Gorrisen goes to the bench for the back row.

Gimme my beloved Highlanders over the sometimes-frightening Bulls,
The Reds to eke out a close win in a boring installment of the Purple Cup,
Crusaders to crush the Rebels, just to make sure they can take it easy fully next week,
Brumbies to get a nice away win at the 'Tahs,
The Hurricanes to shock the Lions with a blowout win at altitude,
Stormers to easily beat the hapless Sunpuppies, and
The Jaguares to keep up their winning ways over the visiting Sharks

All predictions 100% accurate or double your money back!

The Lions might be back to their old self at home now with Swys de Bruin back in the coaching box and also sorting out the scourge that is Elton Jantjies and his disrespectful attitude. Really looking forward to the match-up between Kwagga Smith and Ardie Savea

Latest posts