• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 16 (31 May & 1 June 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 31 May 2019

mS6KHOz.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GM+2)

0H1BUm0.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GM+2)

Saturday, 1 June 2019

DuwVG9p.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Chichibunomiya Stadium
Time: 07:15 CAT (SA, GM+2)

USJKAyt.png
VS.
CVOh3Db.png

Venue: ANZ National Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GM+2)

fioHFlp.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GM+2)

0votoCs.png
VS.
vpS1LbI.png

Venue: Jonsson's Kings Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GM+2)

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GM+2)

Sharks to beat the Hurricanes. Our pack will beat theirs and we all know you cant play ball in hand rugby in Durban. John Plumtree knows this too so I expect a tight contest, its gonna be kick and chase and forward fighting with the backs getting involved in scraps, if the Hurricanes start throwing it around I think we can force them into errors with our defence. BB will have a huge role to play if he kicks all his goals they will win if not we are in this, so yea its gonna be tough but I think we can do this, the Sharks need this to keep their ***le hopes alive and they have always performed when needed most, remember that time we qualified for the final by finishing 8th and having to beat every other team away from home all over the world just to get smashed by the Chiefs/ Hurricanes (In the final and semi respectively)

Bulls
Waratahs
Brumbies
Crusaders
Jags
Sharks
Lions

blues
rebels
Brumbies
Crusaders
Jags
Sharks
stormers

Blues
Rebels
Brumbies
Crusaders
Jaguares
Sharks
Lions

One wrong last time, none wrong this time.

Stormers have form but I'm picking opportunities for the little lions loosies and marx to turn some ball over based on the way the Stormers are playing

Blues would be no chance if pollard was playing, but given he's not and they'll be desperate while the bulls will be tired.

Sharks v canes, actually don't know why I picked sharks, just gut and disappointment with my canes

Rebels to beat Waratahs because Quade has to play well one day and I'm foreseeing it will be this weekend

Last edited:
Stormers have form but I'm picking opportunities for the little lions loosies and marx to turn some ball over based on the way the Stormers are playing

Blues would be no chance if pollard was playing, but given he's not and they'll be desperate while the bulls will be tired.

Sharks v canes, actually don't know why I picked sharks, just gut and disappointment with my canes

Rebels to beat Waratahs because Quade has to play well one day and I'm foreseeing it will be this weekend

The Bulls will be without Pollard and Vermeulen for this game.

So it's highly unlikely that we'll win.

Jantijes ruined my perfect score last round. Hope he doesnt do that again.

Blues
Rebels
Brumbies
Crusaders
Jaguares
Hurricanes
Lions

well a real rarity for me last week. I got them all right!. i'm sure it won't last.
Predictions:
Blues
Rebels
Brumbies
Crusaders
Jaguares
Sharks - by plenty i'm afraid
Stormers

if jags beat the reds bp and sharks best CAnes we could be second overall with 41 pts :D

REDS
1 JP Smith, 2 Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 3 Taniela Tupou, 4 Angus Blyth, 5 Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, 6 Angus Scott-Young, 7 Liam Wright, 8 Scott Higginbotham, 9 Tate McDermott, 10 Matt McGahan, 11 Filipo Daugunu, 12 Samu Kerevi (capt.), 13 Chris Feauai-Sautia, 14 Jock Campbell, 15 Bryce Hegarty.

Replacements: 16 Alex Mafi, 17 Ruan Smith, 18 Gav Luka, 19 Harry Hockings, 20 Adam Korczyk, 21 Scott Malolua, 22 Duncan Paia'aua, 23 Hamish Stewart

JAGUARES
1 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustín Creevy, 3 Lucio Sordoni, 4 Lucas Paulos, 5 Tomás Lavanini, 6 Guido Petti, 7 Tomás Lezana, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 9 Felipe Ezcurra, 10 Joaquín Díaz Bonilla, 11 Ramiro Moyano, 12 Matías Orlando (capt.), 13 Matías Moroni, 14 Santiago Carreras, 15 Juan Cruz Mallía

Replacements: 16 Julián Montoya, 17 Mayco Vivas, 18 Enrique Pieretto, 19 Marcos Kremer, 20 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 21 Pablo Matera, 22 Tomás Cubelli, 23 Jerónimo de la fuente

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Egon Seconds (South Africa), Paul Williams (New Zealand)
TMO: James Leckie (Australia)

I've got the Bulls beating the Blues, who look a total mess without SBW;
Rebels to beat the 'Tahs, who also look poor of late;
Brumbies to beat the utterly hopeless Sunwolves;
Crusaders back to form convincingly winning over the Chiefs;
Jaguares to sneak out a tight win and keep their hot streak going;
'Canes to win away at the Sharks (just have a feeling); and
Stormers to beat Lions, who appear snake-bit quite a lot this season...

Can my Highlanders still squeak into the playoffs?

Bulls
Rebels
Brumbies
Crusaders
Jaguares
Hurricanes
Lions

Last edited:
The handling of the blues.... good lord, what the hell is wrong with them today.
Impressive bulls considering the circumstances.

Latest posts