• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 15 (24 & 25 May 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 24 May 2019

USJKAyt.png
VS.
fioHFlp.png

Venue: FMG Stadium Waikato
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ublspfx.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: GIO Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 25 May 2019

DuwVG9p.png
VS.
0H1BUm0.png

Venue: Chichibunomiya Stadium
Time: 07:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

CVOh3Db.png
VS.
mS6KHOz.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

qq7ut5l.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: Allianz Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

a2r4rag.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: DHL Newlands Stadium
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0votoCs.png
VS.
N3MsRxF.png

Venue: Jonsson's Kings Park Stadium
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Chiefs
Brumbies
Rebels
Crusaders
Jaguares
Stormers
Lions

Not sure if i am picking controversial results or if i am suffering from wishful thinking.

Reds
Bulls
Rebels
Crusaders
Jaguares
Highlanders
Sharks

Last edited:
Chiefs
Brumbies
Rebels
Crusaders
Jaguares
Stormers
Sharks

Chiefs
bulls
Rebels
blues (just wanna be there when saders loose :))
Jaguares (with trembling hand! to much optimism imo, like we won allready)
landers
sharks (50 50 home adv)

this looks tough again on paper: .
Predictions:
Chiefs
Brumbies - could easily be reversed
Rebels
Crusaders - are they there for the taking at the moment?
Jaguares
Stormers - by at least 10 points
Sharks

I can't see the Bulls win back to back games on tour. The 2nd match is always the hardest one based on the history of the tours the SA sides had in the past.

Brumbies to take it.

Teams:

Brumbies

15 Tom Banks, 14 Henry Speight, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Irae Simone, 11 Toni Pulu, 10 Christian Lealiifano (captain), 9 Joe Powell, 8 Pete Samu, 7 Jahrome Brown, 6 Tom Cusack, 5 Sam Carter, 4 Rory Arnold, 3 Allan Alaalatoa, 2 Folau Fainga'A, 1 Scott Sio

Substitutes: 16 Connal Mcinerney, 17 James Slipper, 18 Leslie Leuluaialii-Makin, 19 Darcy Swain, 20 Murray Douglas, 21 Rob Valetini, 22 Ryan Lonergan, 23 Tom Wright

Bulls

15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Johnny Kotze, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Andre Warner, 8 Duane Vermeulen (captain), 7 Hanro Liebenberg, 6 Paul Schoeman, 5 RG Snyman, 4 Jason Jenkins, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Jannes Kirsten, 20 Marco van Staden, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 JT Jackson, 23 Divan Rossouw

chiefs
bulls
rebels
crusaders
jags
landers
lions

jaguares team named
theres many subs hope we can do it.

Emiliano Boffelli; Santiago Carreras, Matías Orlando, Jerónimo de la Fuente, Ramiro Moyano, Domingo Miotti, Tomás Cubelli, Javier Ortega Desio, Tomás Lezana, Pablo Matera, Marcos Kremer, Guido Petti, Santiago Medrano, Julián Montoya y Mayco Vivas.

reserves: 16-Agustín Creevy, 17-Nahuel Tetaz, 18-Lucio Sordoni, 19-Tomás Lavanini, 20-Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 21-Felipe Ezcurra, 22-Joaquín Díaz Bonilla, 23-Matías Moroni. Entrenador: Gonzalo Quesada.

Chiefs
Brumbies
Rebels
Crusaders
Jaguares
Stormers
Sharks

Watching Chiefs v Reds

STOP KICKING THE ******* BALL STRAIGHT DOWN THE OPPONENT'S THROAT!!!!!

What is it with the modern rugby player that they feel compelled do this all the time. It seems that the art of kicking the ball into space has been lost?

Whatever happened to the wipers kick?

I have to agree. I cant recall many games with no skin in where i just screamed at the screen so much. Infuriating stuff. It's a trend tho, not just this game
It's as if a LOT of people just kick the ball when they dont really know what to do, which is ridiculous. Kicking is a tactical decision. Bad kicks are acceptable. Bad decision making isn't, nor it should be.

Side story: back when we were young, a coach of mine made the fly half play as forward for about a month just to make him understand the impact his (poor) decisions had on others.

Speaking of possession, here's a nice article of how different teams fight for it. Interesting read
https://super.rugby/superrugby/news/possession-contest-and-the-disruptors/

Just noticed we had an Aus ref in a NZ vs Aus game in NZ and now we have a RSA ref in an Aus vs RSA game in Aus.
If you are going to fly in a ref, wouldn't it make more sense to fly in a neutral one?
Kinda destroys the "it's too expensive" argument.

very disappointing for the bulls totally clueless on attack without pollard. total brumbies domination. tevita scored a hat trick . are the jaguares now first on the SA conference? the Bulls where leading by 11 pts

very disappointing for the bulls totally clueless on attack without pollard. total brumbies domination. tevita scored a hat trick . are the jaguares now first on the SA conference? the Bulls where leading by 11 pts

Jaguares will go to he top of the South African Conference if they win, draw or get a bonus point against the Waratahs tomorrow.

If they win they will go to the top - to second on the overall table, and will stay there fore the week.
If they draw, the will go to the top - to second on the overall table, but could be overtaken by the Lions if the beat the Stormers with a bonus point

Jaguares will go to he top of the South African Conference if they win, draw or get a bonus point against the Waratahs tomorrow.

If they win they will go to the top - to second on the overall table, and will stay there fore the week.
If they draw, the will go to the top - to second on the overall table, but could be overtaken by the Lions if the beat the Stormers with a bonus point

yep but we are already on top. just check the SR web. 1 point adv

yep but we are already on top. just check the SR web. 1 point adv

Aha! I had my points differential wrong because I thought the Brumbies beat the Bulls 22-12 not 22-10 - That's how tight the SA conference is!!

Table amended!

Well, I'm 0-2 so far with my picks. I'm glad I didn't make any bet$. :eek:

Latest posts