• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 14 (17 & 18 May 2019)

Woohoo Lions who would've expected that result
Jantjies is underrated. Also schoeman and kwagga probably suit playing against highlanders who play loose on attack, and don't put a lot into the ruck on defence hence there's less need for big loosies to secure attacking rucks.

A really enjoyable game

Jantjies is underrated. Also schoeman and kwagga probably suit playing against highlanders who play loose on attack, and don't put a lot into the ruck on defence hence there's less need for big loosies to secure attacking rucks.

A really enjoyable game

The game was good though 1st half had way too many handling errors

MASSIVE win or the Lions in last 2 weeks over Landers & Warathas who're 2 direct rivals for playoff spots

Marx Jantges & Kwagga Smith are the heartbeat of this side W/O this trio Lions would be bottom of Super Rugby along with Sunwolves

I see NZ media & forums are moaning again about this match about penalty count

Landers were very cynical in the game: Not rolling away and willing to concede penalties in their own 22

Of course Lions giving away 6 penalties and being awarded 43 penalties in their lat 3 home games is eye opening

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-...frican-refereeing-that-paints-an-ugly-picture

there's some questions about SA reffs bias on social media.
I just wached the lions vs landers. he did call 11 pens way over the landers avaradge but I don't think that rasta was biased.

The whole thing is an embarrassment

To see rugby fans and media whining like babies about referees is a joke

This is not Soccer Losers whine about external factors

This is why I was critical of Jaguares media & Quesada for his comment post Highlanders game

As I've said before you see a replay of a match and find 50 penalties EASILY
You won't find a single person who would want to see such a diabolical change to the great game of rugby union

A good way to find a one eyed supporter, media member or coach is to see if they mention the referee

It's a diversion from their own inadequacy

Don't fall for their tricks

I am sure that if we pull stats from rugby games in NZ then the stats would point to the idea of refs favouring NZ teams is NZ. The home teams tend to do better, hence the idea of home field advantage. If a team dominates on their home ground then more than likely they will force errors and penalties from the opponent.

SA games in NZ makes people in the republic very upset, it always seems as if the ball always bounces in the favour of NZ teams in NZ. So this might just lead us to ask the question... Have SA teams been having the upper hand on teams from NZ in these last few games in SA?

I am sure that if we pull stats from rugby games in NZ then the stats would point to the idea of refs favouring NZ teams is NZ. The home teams tend to do better, hence the idea of home field advantage. If a team dominates on their home ground then more than likely they will force errors and penalties from the opponent.

SA games in NZ makes people in the republic very upset, it always seems as if the ball always bounces in the favour of NZ teams in NZ. So this might just lead us to ask the question... Have SA teams been having the upper hand on teams from NZ in these last few games in SA?
doesn't the article above compare penalties out of RSA to the ones in and its much more even elsewhere

I understood its not the number, no one wants thousands of penalties, its the apparent weight (just the numbers) in favour of the RSA teams at home

I didnt catch any of the games so cant complain, i can only go on the stats people are throwing around

doesn't the article above compare penalties out of RSA to the ones in and its much more even elsewhere

I understood its not the number, no one wants thousands of penalties, its the apparent weight (just the numbers) in favour of the RSA teams at home

I didnt catch any of the games so cant complain, i can only go on the stats people are throwing around

I've seen various stats which offer a mixed picture

But TBH I've mostly seen Kiwis fans and media whining

Appear that many Kiwis can;t comprehended that their Super Rugby teams can't be outplayed w/o

referees screwing them This of course is patently absurd as we saw last Friday when Jaguares belted

& embarrassed Hurricanes in the Cake Tin

This following their previous game in Dunedin when Landers were very lucky to win

Kiwis will need to learn a bit of humility and stop drinking the KoolAid

The game was good though 1st half had way too many handling errors

MASSIVE win or the Lions in last 2 weeks over Landers & Warathas who're 2 direct rivals for playoff spots

Marx Jantges & Kwagga Smith are the heartbeat of this side W/O this trio Lions would be bottom of Super Rugby along with Sunwolves

I see NZ media & forums are moaning again about this match about penalty count

Landers were very cynical in the game: Not rolling away and willing to concede penalties in their own 22

Of course Lions giving away 6 penalties and being awarded 43 penalties in their lat 3 home games is eye opening
I actually thought the referee was really good . Recognised when the player had made a reasonable attempt to roll away or not interfere and penalising when actually the player could have done better.

I actually thought the referee was really good . Recognised when the player had made a reasonable attempt to roll away or not interfere and penalising when actually the player could have done better.

Yeah me too, I thought Rasta was pretty decent.

I have been questioning Egon Seconds as a referee since he started out in the Super Rugby tournament, and I think the stats are a bit lopsided mostly due to him blowing the whistle. He misses a lot of things, and he penalises teams for the wrong reasons, and sometimes he even penalises the team not in the wrong.

I get my SupeRugby fix from ESPN+ but they didn't steam any of their matches this weekend. So I was relegated to watching the highlights on the SupeRugby website. It's better than nothing. From the highlights it was obvious that I missed some great matches this weekend. I hope next weekend is equally as good because they'll be streamed on ESPN+ again. Thank goodness!

I have a question about Stormers vs Crusaders game.
Why did both team play in the 2nd kits despite there was no colour clash? 1st kits must be worn whenever possible.

1st kits must be worn whenever possible.
Not really.
Jaguares (Orange or Black) has used both vs the Tahs.

tahs_getty.jpg

jaguares-stock-718911.jpg

They've got kits to sell.

I have a question about Stormers vs Crusaders game.
Why did both team play in the 2nd kits despite there was no colour clash? 1st kits must be worn whenever possible.
theyre not 1st and 2nd kits, theyre home and away (at least for nz teams, Highlanders always play in green on the road

Latest posts