• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 14 (17 & 18 May 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 17 May 2019

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0H1BUm0.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 18 May 2019

mS6KHOz.png
VS.
USJKAyt.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

fioHFlp.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: Emirates Airline Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

a2r4rag.png
VS.
CVOh3Db.png

Venue: DHL Newlands
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Predicting that the Sharks will cement their first place this weekend. With an unbeaten weekend.

And for the Jags, Stormers and Bulls to lose their games.

only one im willing to predict is saders to beat the stormers

Man, I have to say, after what happened this week, I am dreading this tour for the Bulls. On the eve of them departing SA, news broke that RG Snyman and Handre Pollard won't be playing for the Bulls next year, and along with Jesse Kriel, Jason Jenkins and Hanro Liebenberg, that is some core of players who are departing. I hope the mood in the changing rooms are more upbeat.

Tough week!
Canes and Saders to win I suppose, other than that should be a good weekend of rugby.

Hurricanes
Rebels
Blues
Waratahs
Highlanders
Crusaders

Man, I have to say, after what happened this week, I am dreading this tour for the Bulls. On the eve of them departing SA, news broke that RG Snyman and Handre Pollard won't be playing for the Bulls next year, and along with Jesse Kriel, Jason Jenkins and Hanro Liebenberg, that is some core of players who are departing. I hope the mood in the changing rooms are more upbeat.

Out of all the names on that list, the name of Hanro Liebenberg irritates me the most. The older players going is one thing as they have given a certain amount of years for their franchise but a guy like Liebenberg was picked up from the youth sides and given a chance, the Bulls invested in him for the future and gave him playtime when he wasn't always the best for the position at the time, knowing that it will pay off as he has some talent that could be developed. Then he goes overseas after two seasons of heavy investment by the bulls without giving anything back to the franchise that backed him. This changes my opinion of the guy. I was a fan, not anymore.

Out of all the names on that list, the name of Hanro Liebenberg irritates me the most. The older players going is one thing as they have given a certain amount of years for their franchise but a guy like Liebenberg was picked up from the youth sides and given a chance, the Bulls invested in him for the future and gave him playtime when he wasn't always the best for the position at the time, knowing that it will pay off as he has some talent that could be developed. Then he goes overseas after two seasons of heavy investment by the bulls without giving anything back to the franchise that backed him. This changes my opinion of the guy. I was a fan, not anymore.

Ag it runs in the family I guess. His brother did it, and now he's following his brother's example.

But to be fair, I am glad Hanro is leaving, as I'd rather have Marco, Roelof and Duane starting than him.

For me, RG is the biggest loss, as the invested in him since he was at Affies, and now he's doing this to them just when he's becoming a household name. But I hear the Bulls are trying to make a deal like NZ did with Whitelock and his Japanese team. So here's hoping.

jags team named
Boffelli, Cancelliere, Moroni, De la Fuente (c), Moyano, Bonilla, Cubelli, Ortega Desio, Leguizamón, Matera, Lavanini, Petti, Pieretto, Creevy y Tetaz Chaparro
looks they wanna win it

this looks a very tough week to call.
Predictions:
Hurricanes
Bulls
Chiefs
Waratahs
Lions
Crusaders

not confident with any of these really, except the Crusaders who are just on a different level. would not surprise me if the Jaguares beat the Hurricanes.

It's half-time in Wellington and this isn't going at all how I expected it. Anyone watching it? Interested in knowing what the cause is. Lucky tries (bounce of the ball, breakaway, intercept etc), Hurricanes not pitching up or just purely Jaguares dominating?

Both teams playing like crap. We just more efficient at converting their mistakes into points.
Dont get me wrong. I'll take it and i'm happy as *****.

The Jaguares totally controlled that match. Impressive win on the road.

Wow, what a result. I'll take it

The good:
-The Scrum. I thought we would give penalty after penalty. Wwe held our ground which, given our recent history, is a huge improvement.
-for 60 minutes, our defence. When we are focused we can defend very, very well, even against the best
-Scrappy attack. We can create opportunities from pretty much nothing. We need to exploit that more.
-Our centres. They are the most underrated players in the entire competition. The rush very well, hardly miss a tackle and cover when others miss theirs. They won't break the line often but you give them an inch and they will make you pay for it.

The bad:
- For 20 minutes, our defense was nothing short of pathetic, specially during the first 15 min.
- Boffelli. He had a shocker of a game. Kicked bad, defended "meh" and lost half the balls in hand he had.
- Sometimes we are very stupid at decision making. They had 1 guy in the sin bin and we kept kicking the ball away.

The really, really bad:
- receiving kickoffs. We are the worst at this and that is simply unacceptable.

I think we deserved to win, but i also think Barrett cost them the game. His PT was a game changer. It cost them 14 points, tired their players and gave us confidence and momentum.

Still, i'll take it.

I was counting 2 out of 4 wins in this tour so i'm rather optimistic. It'll come down to the game vs the sharks. That's, again, our must win battle.

After those first ten minutes of the game, no one could have expected that Jaguares would recover against a team like Hurricanes.
During the game (and the past games too), I saw the fullback Boffelli without confidence to take decisions. I miss Tuculet.

Yea nobody is going to tell me antything about Super rugby that is dying. This year we have seen some of the most unpredictable results, no one knows what going to happen everyone is just guessing at this point. I love it how the so called pundits gets in wrong every week. The on field product in Super Rugby is there and its thriving. They just have to sort out the comercial and time zone issues and no other club competition will have anything on this comp.

So far im zero from two for the weekend with my predictions and im not even mad.

Latest posts