• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 11 (26 & 27 April 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 26 April 2019

CVOh3Db.png
VS.
N3MsRxF.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

DuwVG9p.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium
Time: 12:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 27 April 2019

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
USJKAyt.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

qq7ut5l.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: Allianz Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

a2r4rag.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: DHL Newlands Stadium
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
Ublspfx.png

Venue: Estadiuo Jose Amalfitani
Time: 23:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

crusaders
landers
chiefs
warathas
stormers
jags

I wonder if we can steel Hayden Parker whilst there

here's to another round of getting them all wrong!. this is the most unpredictable super rugby season for a few years i'd say.
Predictions:
Crusaders v Lions - this could be a great contest, or a red and black rout. depends on what Lions team shows up.
Sunwolves v Highlanders - still don't think the Highlanders are in top gear. this will be a tough game for them.
Hurricanes v Chiefs - only home ground advantage is convincing me about this pick.
Waratahs v Sharks - Waratahs surely have to kick on after beating the Rebels.
Stormers v Bulls - the Bulls love the South African derbies!.
Jaguares v Brumbies - the Brumbies made me eat my words last week, I don't think they'll repeat it in Argentina.

probable jags team
Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Agustín Creevy, Santiago Medrano; Guido Petti, Tomás Lavanini; Tomás Lezana, Marcos Kremer, Javier Ortega Desio; Tomás Cubelli, Domingo Miotti, Emiliano Boffelli, Jerónimo de la Fuente, Matías Orlando, Sebastián Cancelliere, Joaquín Tuculet.

probable jags team
Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Agustín Creevy, Santiago Medrano; Guido Petti, Tomás Lavanini; Tomás Lezana, Marcos Kremer, Javier Ortega Desio; Tomás Cubelli, Domingo Miotti, Emiliano Boffelli, Jerónimo de la Fuente, Matías Orlando, Sebastián Cancelliere, Joaquín Tuculet.
Do you you think they will persist with Miotti now that Bonilla is close too being back? I really like the look of him but he is very young, I suppose no reason not to persist with Bonilla considering Miotti is like 21.

Edit:
Crusaders
Highlanders
(although I actually think the Wolves have a shot at home)
Canes (Chiefs too depleted at this point)
Sharks (tough call, probably thinking with my heart, but I feel like the Sharks pack might be too much for the Tahs).
Bulls (Stormers could pull one out, the SA teams are very hard to predict, but I feel like the Bulls are the better team on balance)
Jags (Jags at home isn't easy for anyone and Brumbies have traveled halfway across the world these last two weeks, easy money I'd guess)

Last edited:
Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Jade Stighling, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Johnny Kotze, 10 Handre Pollard (captain), 9 Ivan van Zyl, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Hanro Liebenberg, 6 Marco van Staden, 5 RG Snyman, 4 Jannes Kirsten, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Jaco Visagie, 1 Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes: 16 Johan Grobbelaar, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Thembelani Bholi, 20 Paul Schoeman, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Divan Rossouw

Hopefully we won't slump again like we did with our previous bye-week. Here's hoping the guys are refreshed and ready to smash.

Do you you think they will persist with Miotti now that Bonilla is close too being back? I really like the look of him but he is very young, I suppose no reason not to persist with Bonilla considering Miotti is like 21.

Edit:
Crusaders
Highlanders
(although I actually think the Wolves have a shot at home)
Canes (Chiefs too depleted at this point)
Sharks (tough call, probably thinking with my heart, but I feel like the Sharks pack might be too much for the Tahs).
Bulls (Stormers could pull one out, the SA teams are very hard to predict, but I feel like the Bulls are the better team on balance)
Jags (Jags at home isn't easy for anyone and Brumbies have traveled halfway across the world these last two weeks, easy money I'd guess)

i think they will and should. i know miotti from arg xv and pumitas games. he is solid, has the size, the age and talent to grow into an international fly half.
why stick to diaz bonilla who has almost 0 experience in super rugby and 29 years or gonzalez iglesias who failed allready. i would support miotti and leave bonilla to the bench we have nico sanchez for the world cup.
i would give miotti a run so he gets a shot as second fly half for the pumas
iglesias is 12 replacement for de la fuente
miotti had a dream debut where he was caracter tested and then a very solid first game as starter.

...I've been on holiday for two weeks and not watched the last two games...landers have won the last two games....

The waratahs are ruining my perfect plan. It was flawless
The idea was,

The lions lose (away, crusaders, expected)
The sharks lose (away, tahs, reasoable)
The stormers beat the bulls (trust me on this one)
Jaguares win with bonus point (home, etc)
And we top the group....

You can always trust australians to ruin a party.

Btw, I thought the yellow (tahs one) was harsh.

Last edited:
That was so stupid from the stormers. Why on earth would you take that risk.
A chance to score a 100 meter try to get a bonus point vs ******* it up and giving the bulls a chance to score a bp.

That South African Conference is a ripper - four points between top and bottom, all five teams have five wins... only bonus points separate them.

Anyone here willing to predict who is going to top it?

Different number of games tho.
Our next games vs other RSA teams are at home.
I like our chances. I guess all of us except the lions have a shot.

what about that crawling Orlando try?
not sure but it seems penalty for the brumbies.
about the sa conference jaguares have a good shot. if you look at the fixture. there's an article from last week about it in the SA rugby magazine. that states the same thing

what about that crawling Orlando try?
not sure but it seems penalty for the brumbies.
about the sa conference jaguares have a good shot. if you look at the fixture. there's an article from last week about it in the SA rugby magazine. that states the same thing

The Jaguares may be peaking at the right time. I've seen them play a few times on ESPN+ and they look better everytime I watch.

That South African Conference is a ripper - four points between top and bottom, all five teams have five wins... only bonus points separate them.

Anyone here willing to predict who is going to top it?

It won't be the Bulls. They had both their byes in a matter of 3 weeks now. And they have to tour and they still have to play the Brumbies, Crusaders, Highlanders and Lions.

I didn't particularly enjoy the Stormers vs. Bulls match. I felt the Stormers were getting away with a lot of obstruction and off the ball stuff like holding onto defenders to prevent them from getting back in line. And Jackson was way too lenient.

I think the Jaguares will top the log in our Conference. The SA teams have all showed frailty, and they also will have to start managing their Springbok players.

sunwolves gone allready

I think the news that they won't be back in SupeRugby after next season has something to do with that. Prior to that they weren't winning much, but they were usually competitive for the most part and even beat the Waratahs. Since then they've been in a decline. The Highlanders stomped all over them 52-0. Wow!

We're getting there, and at the right time for once.

Still, Quesada is a mess. Absolute mess. The only why we're improving is the team chemistry, none of our basic skills as a team are improving, only defensive attitude: no order, no tactics, no discipline (Kremer the new Lavanini), no fly-half...

Any team could destroy us.

Latest posts