• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Remember arguing on this forum with two lads who thought Burns would start over Sexton for the 2013 Lions.
I don't remember that argument. I did dig out the thread where you, sorry Superprop, went looking for an argument about who was better Sexton or Trinh Duc.

Joe Tomane --> Dragons

It's a real pity for him this season was cut short. He was looking really good. Seems like a great team player, wish him the best.

Leicester Tigers head coach Geordan Murphy has confirmed the players who will leave the club when their contracts end at the conclusion of the 2019/20 season.⁣

Front-rowers Tatafu Polota-Nau, Gaston Cortes and Owen Hills and fellow forwards Will Spencer and Sione Kalamafoni will depart, as well as Guy Thompson as announced in April.⁣

Long-serving scrum-half Sam Harrison departed the club in January after more than a decade in the senior squad and is joined by Adam Thompstone, EW Viljoen and Joe Thomas as departing backs.⁣

As confirmed in April, England international Jonny May will return to Gloucester after three seasons in Leicester and Jonah Holmes has been released from the final year of his contract to pursue an opportunity in Wales, in a bid to further his international career.

Chris Cook --> Bristol Bears

https://www.bathrugby.com/club-news...TVOevrQ5pHo6kLwg9fJYFJOAo0qxZ-C65F6tlcBP6g6h0

Mixed feelings about this one. Shame as he was a Bath boy (another one leaving us like Burns!) but troubled with inconsistency. Definitely had the ability to make some games but also had the ability to break some as well. Wishing him the best at Bristol.

Given that Webb is on the move after the season along with Cook, this leaves us with Will Chudley amongst Green and Fox in the academy. Might be wise at some point to bring in a solid name at 9 to bolster this if we are to solve our predicament at 9/10.

Both Sammy Arnold and Conor Oliver heading to Connacht apparently. Both guys are 24 and at the stage of their careers they want to play meaningful time.
Two players I'd really like to succeed. Sammy in particular has bags of potential, is only 24, has been capped and has played extremely well at a European level, and was MOTM against Tigers. I just hope the knee doesn't haunt him.

Both Sammy Arnold and Conor Oliver heading to Connacht apparently. Both guys are 24 and at the stage of their careers they want to play meaningful time.
Two players I'd really like to succeed. Sammy in particular has bags of potential, is only 24, has been capped and has played extremely well at a European level, and was MOTM against Tigers. I just hope the knee doesn't haunt him.
Rumours Will Connors coming to Moyross too kid!!!!

Rumours Will Connors coming to Moyross too kid!!!!
I actually hadn't heard that! 42.ie comments sections will be in shambles. He will still be up against it to win the 7 jersey in Munster from Jack O, Tommy and Cloete as well as Hodnett and one or two others on the come up. I suppose in Ulster you have a seasoned international at 7 and Connacht have their club captain at 7 so its not an easy route at any province.
Fabulous player I'd be happy to have though, he was top notch against us after Christmas.

I actually hadn't heard that! 42.ie comments sections will be in shambles. He will still be up against it to win the 7 jersey in Munster from Jack O, Tommy and Cloete as well as Hodnett and one or two others on the come up. I suppose in Ulster you have a seasoned international at 7 and Connacht have their club captain at 7 so its not an easy route at any province.
Fabulous player I'd be happy to have though, he was top notch against us after Christmas.
To be fair it is just rumours.
Hodnett will be a top 7.
Tommy has played more of a 6 lately even in training and Jacko is too slow to be a 7. A 6 or 8. And Cloete is a 7 that is suited against specific opposition and when there is a specific backrow balance.

Latest posts