fioHFlp.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ublspfx.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: GIO StadiumTime: 08:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Li, Lima Sopoaga, Luke Whitelock, Dillon Hunt, Liam Squire, Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, Kalolo Tuiloma, Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Aki Seiuli, Tyrel Lomax, Shannon Frizell, Elliot Dixon, Josh Renton, Josh Ioane, Richard Buckman.

My only question mark in the team is Buckman, he looked very rough last week when he came on, i think fletcher smith or Faddes would have been better bets. not the game to give someone coming back some time on the paddock.

Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Li, Lima Sopoaga, Luke Whitelock, Dillon Hunt, Liam Squire, Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, Kalolo Tuiloma, Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Aki Seiuli, Tyrel Lomax, Shannon Frizell, Elliot Dixon, Josh Renton, Josh Ioane, Richard Buckman.

My only question mark in the team is Buckman, he looked very rough last week when he came on, i think fletcher smith or Faddes would have been better bets. not the game to give someone coming back some time on the paddock.
Do you think the 'Landers will up their game this week? They need to if they have any chance of toppling the Hurricanes.

if we're in front or close with 20 to go then its all on, with dixon, frizell and coltman coming on

Still plenty of players out for both the Chiefs and the Crusaders, but good to see Sam Cane back!

Chiefs: Solomon Alaimalo, Toni Pulu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Charlie Ngatai (co-c), Sean Wainui, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber, Liam Messam, Mitch Karpik, Luke Jacobson, Michael Allardice, Brodie Retallick, Angus Ta'avao, Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Liam Polwart, Sam Prattley, Jeff Thwaites, Jesse Parete, Sam Cane (co-c), Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Marty McKenzie, Shaun Stevenson.

Crusaders: David Havili, Israel Dagg, Seta Tamanivalu, Jack Goodhue, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Jordan Taufua, Matt Todd (captain), Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett, Michael Alaalatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Wyatt Crockett, Donald Brighouse, Luke Romano, Ethan Blackadder, Mitchell Drummond, Mitchell Hunt, Jone Macilai.

Do you think the 'Landers will up their game this week? They need to if they have any chance of toppling the Hurricanes.
i reckon this will decide who makes the playoffs.
saders last week showed that the canes are no where near finals material yet. canes have to improve every game from here on in and the forwards need to stamp their authority and win back some pride.
landers also need to start taking control of their destiny and this game will be when they need to start winning.
at this stage i dont think the canes have got it, but they have all the right personnel. its just a case of getting them to perform as a team better than the landers can.

saders and chiefs. gotta go with saders here. after making the canes look like an age grade side last week, u get that feeling that saders are quietly picking up momentum and slowly climbing their peak. the timing as always is impeccable. chiefs gotta throw eveything + the kitchen sink and that may not be enough.
chiefs have grit tho and u never take them lightly.

i reckon this will decide who makes the playoffs.
saders last week showed that the canes are no where near finals material yet. canes have to improve every game from here on in and the forwards need to stamp their authority and win back some pride.
landers also need to start taking control of their destiny and this game will be when they need to start winning.
at this stage i dont think the canes have got it, but they have all the right personnel. its just a case of getting them to perform as a team better than the landers can.

saders and chiefs. gotta go with saders here. after making the canes look like an age grade side last week, u get that feeling that saders are quietly picking up momentum and slowly climbing their peak. the timing as always is impeccable. chiefs gotta throw eveything + the kitchen sink and that may not be enough.
chiefs have grit tho and u never take them lightly.

I agree, and there's ssme intriguing battles regarding starting positions in the ABs too ... I'd like to see who comes out of the June series with the least injuries to key personnel, and who can reestablish momentum, before I predict the playoff order though

Sunwolves team vs Brumbies has 4 debutants (★):

1 Craig MILLAR
2 Atsushi SAKATE
3 Hencus VAN WYK
4 James MOORE
5 Sam WYKES
6 Willem BRITZ◎
7 Edward QUIRK
8 Rahboni Warren VOSAYAKO
9 Keisuke UCHIDA
10 Hayden PARKER
11 Sione TEAUPA
12 Harumichi TATEKAWA
13 Jason EMERY
14 Semisi MASIREWA
15 Robbie ROBINSON

REPLACEMENTS
16 Jaba BREGVADZE
17 Alex WOONTON★
18 Nikoloz KHATIASHVILI
19 Shunsuke NUNOMAKI
20 Fetuani Lautaimi★
21 Kaito SHIGENO
22 Gerhard van den HEEVER★
23 Kai ISHII ★

What an absolute ripper of a game. Well played to 'Landers, they've had a brilliant record against other kiwi teams in recent years.

And props to rats for proprioception, that one definitely required a google!

Called it, those reserves really gave us a burst of energy

What's going on with the Blues? Has their slump been a gradual decline or are they dropping like a stone.

Got my calls on the Hurricanes vs Landers wrong and the Rebels game FML. I think its time i stop expecting every week that this is the week that the Blues will turn it around.

What a stupid carry from Dagg there. There's no need to carry the ball like that! :mad:

Latest posts