TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
England squad
Backs

Full backs
Mike Brown (Harlequins) Nathan Earle (Saracens)* Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints)* Jonny May (Leicester Tigers) Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks) Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)

Inside backs
Danny Care (Harlequins) Owen Farrell (Saracens) George Ford (Leicester Tigers) Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby) Alex Lozowski (Saracens) Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs) Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs) Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors) Marcus Smith (Harlequins) * ** Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Forwards

Back five
Gary Graham (Newcastle Falcons)* Nick Isiekwe (Saracens) Maro Itoje (Saracens) George Kruis (Saracens) Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints) Joe Launchbury (Wasps) Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby)* Chris Robshaw (Harlequins) Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs) Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)

Front row
Lewis Boyce (Harlequins)* Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers) Tom Dunn (Bath Rugby)* Jamie George (Saracens) Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints) Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs) * Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins) Mako Vunipola (Saracens) Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)

Uncapped * Apprentice player **

Gary graham inclusion is still confusing to me. Has he had a really dominant breakthrough season that ive missed or he is a real strong carrier becausr we have underhil and robshaw to act as defencive flankers. B.Curry/armand/ewers and even wilson all are at least known and having decent seasons.

Obviously Jones is the expert, but some players must really be scratching their heads. My biggest worry is still scrum half. Youngs is not playing well and all it will take is one injury and our sub at the world cup has little or no experience.

Apparently Jones has 45 players in camp, and Vellacott is one of them, so hopefully see at least a new face in the 9/21 shirt at some point this tournament

Apparently Jones has 45 players in camp, and Vellacott is one of them, so hopefully see at least a new face in the 9/21 shirt at some point this tournament

Do you know who the rest are? Be good to have a nose see what EJ is thinking about players for the complete 6N :)

Do you know who the rest are? Be good to have a nose see what EJ is thinking about players for the complete 6N :)
Nope, only found mention of it on a report about Vellacott being included in it. Had a quick Google but couldn't see anything else

Interesting that Nowell's been included as an inside back. Typo or does EJ think he may provide that bit of extra bosh we could use at 13?

Edit: Just seen the press conference; Jones wants to see Nowell at 13. Personally I'm interested to see it, don't know if it'll work but interested nonetheless.

Seems a bit odd that EJ's turned Daly from a 13 to a wing and Nowell from a wing to a 13.

This does say to me that Jones really isn't happy with JJ at 13 if he's going to these measures to find someone else.

Last edited:
Edit: Just seen the press conference; Jones wants to see Nowell at 13. Personally I'm interested to see it, don't know if it'll work but interested nonetheless.

Seems a bit odd that EJ's turned Daly from a 13 to a wing and Nowell from a wing to a 13.

This does say to me that Jones really isn't happy with JJ at 13 if he's going to these measures to find someone else.

The way Nowell plays for Chiefs he's reasonably well suited to 13, and joseph hasn't been in the best form for a while imo.

Hansen said the same re Nowell in the summer. If he was a SH player he'd be a 13.

Looks like a very decent team.

Nowell at 13 will be interesting to see, and there's pace out wide even with the loss of Elliott Daly.

Very interesting to note...

just to clear up any confusion re Ben Vellacott, the fast-rising Gloucester no9. He is NOT in this England 6Nations squad, but he IS in the (unpublished) England EPS (Elite Player Squad)

Apparently the RFU has a secret menu.

I guess it's the pool of players who are effectively the Saxons.

just to clear up any confusion re Ben Vellacott, the fast-rising Gloucester no9. He is NOT in this England 6Nations squad, but he IS in the (unpublished) England EPS (Elite Player Squad)

So vellacott has overtaken robson, uproar coming

I'd love to know who the other 9 players in the training squad are.
I'm guessing Manu is one, probably Harrison as well (was in a recent Saxons squad and we're down a number of looseheads).
Maybe B.Curry? But he's in the u20s

I'm guessing Manu is one, probably Harrison as well (was in a recent Saxons squad and we're down a number of looseheads).

Ewers? LCD? Kvesic? Morgan? Lewington? Cokanasiga

Haskell and Marler will be two of them I'm sure, but I don't know if their suspension stops them attending the training camps...

Intrestingly, the squad announced today is NOT the six nations squad or the EPS, it is simply the squad for vs Italy. Thats why there is so many rookies in there. Italy is being used as a chance to experiment

Vellacott overtaking Robson is purely to get him capped IMO.

Robson so much better in all areas.

Vellacott overtaking Robson is purely to get him capped IMO.

Robson so much better in all areas.

Who says he's overtaken him?

We don't know who's in the EPS, I think I've read that both Wigglesworth and Robson are in the wider EPS as equal 3rd choices.

Latest posts