Not Mike Brown's Sock

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Harlequins
Hi All!

So post release of the mega patch, Rudolph, Cristian, Frans, Matt and I have been working on creating a stable database that as closely resembles the real rugby world as possible.

Now, this is a lot of work as we want to update the stats of all the players in the game, so WE NEED YOUR HELP!

It would be HUGELY appreciated if anybody who would like to help DM's me and we can work on a community project.

Alternatively, if anyone on the forum wants to update their own favourite team for next season including stats so that it can contribute to the update, then please follow these steps:

1. Move your database out of the "profile" file that it is stored in
2. Start the game (it will automatically create a default database now)
3. Edit your team using the ingame editors or with Frans' Editor
IMPORTANT: ONLY DO 1 UPDATED TEAM PER DATABASE
4. DM me the database and let me know which team you have updated.

It would be great if you could follow these rating guidelines -
90+ for arguably the best in the world
85-90 for good internationals.
75-85 for good top tier players.
70-75 for decent top tier/reserve players

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! TRF is a community and the more people, the faster we will get a stable database out!

We will be updating the Northern Hemisphere first, so it would be great if that is prioritized, but if you don't have enough Northern Hemisphere knowledge, do the South and we will get to it in time!

Hi All!

So post release of the mega patch, Rudolph, Cristian, Frans, Matt and I have been working on creating a stable database that as closely resembles the real rugby world as possible.

Now, this is a lot of work as we want to update the stats of all the players in the game, so WE NEED YOUR HELP!

It would be HUGELY appreciated if anybody who would like to help DM's me and we can work on a community project.

Alternatively, if anyone on the forum wants to update their own favourite team for next season including stats so that it can contribute to the update, then please follow these steps:

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! TRF is a community and the more people, the faster we will get a stable database out!

We will be updating the Northern Hemisphere first, so it would be great if that is prioritized, but if you don't have enough Northern Hemisphere knowledge, do the South and we will get to it in time!

Vous allez faire les effectifs 2018-2019 c'est cool, va falloir mettre les kits à jours et tout ce qui va devoir être mis à jour aussi. Bon courage et rdv dans 1 an car si vous sortez 50 databases, toute compétition commencé devra être recommencé pour avoir les mises à jour. Je dis ça mais je dis rien:)
Si seulement tout ce petit monde était venu aider pour le MegaPatch;)
Je vous souhaite vraiment du courage et du temps mais prenez le temps surtout.

Vous allez faire les effectifs 2018-2019 c'est cool, va falloir mettre les kits à jours et tout ce qui va devoir être mis à jour aussi. Bon courage et rdv dans 1 an car si vous sortez 50 databases, toute compétition commencé devra être recommencé pour avoir les mises à jour. Je dis ça mais je dis rien:)
Ok, so move all competition files that are also in the folder to a safe place as well if you wish to help, then move them back once you are done

Ok, so move all competition files that are also in the folder to a safe place as well if you wish to help, then move them back once you are done
Peut être... et je sais comment faire :D

Hi All!

Howzit Man? Well done on a good gesture!

I will give The Cell C Sharks a crack - then If there is any other teams(your priority teams NH) that needs updating i will see where i can assist if you could help with the stats? - as i am not too familiar with NH ratings at the moment

Si seulement tout ce petit monde était venu aider pour le MegaPatch;)
Je vous souhaite vraiment du courage et du temps mais prenez le temps surtout.
Megapatch revived the community.
I mean I had made an editor and little editing were going on.
Now we are steamrolling!

Maybe a discussion on the forum would be in order in attempting to determine the best possible team and player ratings.
For example one can go look at the Super rugby Pecking order thread to get a general idea of where teams in Super rugby are ranked by the community.

So to use Super rugby as a case study
The best super rugby team should probably be around 81-84 Overall
The worst could range from 60-70

Here is an example

Hurricanes 83
Crusaders 83
Lions 80
Chiefs 80
Highlanders 77
Bulls 77
Sharks 77
Stormers 75
Blues 74
Tahs 74
Rebels72
Brumbies 72
Reds 70
Sunwolves 65

Then you adjust the players ratings in the team so that they result in the team being rated closely to the desired target (Which is subject to change)
But then to ensure extra detail the well know players gets the ratings based on their perceived playing ability but also where you would rank them in the team.

So for this i will use the Sharks as an example:
players ranked form best to worst (IMO)
1.Jean-Luc du Preez
2.Dan du Preez
3.Beast Mtawarira
4.André Esterhuizen
5.Curwin Bosch
6.Makazole Mapimpi
7.Lukhanyo Am
8. Rob du Preez
9 Ruan Botha
10. Sbu Nkosi

After you have individually ranked the players in the team the number one player would have the best ranking in the team and then following in a descending order.
Now while a guy like Nkosi who is only ranked 10 on my list would have an overall weaker rating than the guys above him you would still be able to personalise the stats for each player so that it resembles their real life qualities.
Nkosi can be the 10th ranked player but still have electric pace and great defending as thats his qualities but when working in the bigger picture (Trying to match the teams overall rating with the desired amount)you can decrease stats from other areas to balance it out.

Also it would be great to keep in mind what @noah_jo said in terms of rating players
It would be good if you could follow these rating guidelines -

So if the Sharks number one to 5 ranked players is ranked as either good internationals or "arguably" best in the world then you must rate them as such but try and balance the rest of the players as to fit in with the desired overall rating for the team.

Maybe a discussion on the forum would be in order in attempting to determine the best possible team and player ratings.
For example one can go look at the Super rugby Pecking order thread to get a general idea of where teams in Super rugby are ranked by the community.

Here is an example

Hurricanes 83
Crusaders 83
Lions 80
Chiefs 80
Highlanders 77
Bulls 77
Sharks 77
Stormers 75
Blues 74
Tahs 74
Rebels72
Brumbies 72
Reds 70
Sunwolves 65

Then you adjust the players ratings in the team so that they result in the team being rated closely to the desired target (Which is subject to change)
But then to ensure extra detail the well know players gets the ratings based on their perceived playing ability but also where you would rank them in the team.

1.Jean-Luc du Preez
2.Dan du Preez
3.Beast Mtawarira
4.André Esterhuizen
5.Curwin Bosch
6.Makazole Mapimpi
7.Lukhanyo Am
8. Rob du Preez
9 Ruan Botha
10. Sbu Nkosi

After you have individually ranked the players in the team the number one player would have the best ranking in the team and then following in a descending order.
Now while a guy like Nkosi who is only ranked 10 on my list would have an overall weaker rating than the guys above him you would still be able to personalise the stats for each player so that it resembles their real life qualities.
Nkosi can be the 10th ranked player but still have electric pace and great defending as thats his qualities but when working in the bigger picture (Trying to match the teams overall rating with the desired amount)you can decrease stats from other areas to balance it out.

Also it would be great to keep in mind what @noah_jo said in terms of rating players

So if the Sharks number one to 5 ranked players is ranked as either good internationals or "arguably" best in the world then you must rate them as such but try and balance the rest of the players as to fit in with the desired overall rating for the team.
We can tweak team ratings through the ingame editor, ie. its not just down to the ratings of the players. If you all just do the individual players like I've said, then we can adjust the teams later.
The problem lies when a team has very good players, but as a team underachieves, then it is better to have highly rated players, but bring down the "attack" or "rucking" stat of that team rather than the players themselves

Here is an example

Hurricanes 83
Crusaders 83
Lions 80
Chiefs 80
Highlanders 77
Bulls 77
Sharks 77
Stormers 75
Blues 74
Tahs 74
Rebels72
Brumbies 72
Reds 70
Sunwolves 65

1.Jean-Luc du Preez
2.Dan du Preez
3.Beast Mtawarira
4.André Esterhuizen
5.Curwin Bosch
6.Makazole Mapimpi
7.Lukhanyo Am
8. Rob du Preez
9 Ruan Botha
10. Sbu Nkosi

think that makes a lot of sense - will use these guidelines - look there will never be a "perfect" rating as the way one person rates a player the next may rate/regrad that player higher or lower

Megapatch revived the community.
Et oui, faut savoir faire confiance envers une personne moins ancienne qui propose quelque chose au lieu de ne pas agir;) ou en étant muets ou inactifs et rester sur des préjugés ou des craintes infondées:(
Maintenant le sort en est jeté pour la communauté, soit il y aura du suivi soit la communauté va retomber dans le néant de patch.
Donc tous ensemble dans la même direction et stop aux égos surdimensionnés, ni gloire. Les coups bas j'en veux plus non plus...

Personne est parfait:)

Vive RC3

i can tell y'all how i did the rosters for the MLR and it made things go pretty easy for me. First i assumed the the top level of talent in MLR would be rated no higher than a 75. Of course for other leagues that rating ceiling would be adjusted. I then took all players in the league and divided them up according to position and rated them relative to who i thought was the leagues best in each position. It turned out quite well and for the MLR I achieved a decent level of parity between all 7 teams. Which for MLR is fairly realistic. I have spreadsheets that i have created that could help y'all in this process.

i can tell y'all how i did the rosters for the MLR and it made things go pretty easy for me. First i assumed the the top level of talent in MLR would be rated no higher than a 75. Of course for other leagues that rating ceiling would be adjusted. I then took all players in the league and divided them up according to position and rated them relative to who i thought was the leagues best in each position. It turned out quite well and for the MLR I achieved a decent level of parity between all 7 teams. Which for MLR is fairly realistic. I have spreadsheets that i have created that could help y'all in this process.
Hey Man,
Could you possibly share with me?
Thanks - im completely new to this want as much info regarding sorting etc to find most effective way working going forward.

Hey Man,
Could you possibly share with me?
Thanks - im completely new to this want as much info regarding sorting etc to find most effective way working going forward.

Yeah sure that would be no problem at all

Latest posts