TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
Blue Bulls v Pumas Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria 19:00
Sharks v Western Province Growthpoint Kings Park, Durban 15:00
Golden Lions v Free State Cheetahs Emirates Airline Park, Johannesburg 17:15

This is the last round of group fixtures before the final series. Some teams will be looking to secure a playoff spot while others will be looking to create a home field advantage for themselves.

The Sharks looks like they are sure to get a Home final and i cant see many teams standing up to their form. They have simply been dominating the competition so far and when you have a look at the log its very hard to argue.

The Cheetahs will play some of their Pro 14 players in the next round of the Currie cup to help them try and secure a spot in the finals. Luckily for them The Pro 14 is on a 2 week break so they wont have to weaken their Pro 14 challenge. The question is where will the best players play if they go against current form and make the semis and final? If the Cheetahs lose vs the Lions and the Bulls win their match with a bonus point then the Cheetahs will be kicked out of the tournament. If they win then they will secure a home semi not bad for a side with divided squads.

The lions are currently lying in a playoff spot but if they lose against the Cheetahs and the Bulls win against the Pumas ( Which i think they will) then the Lions wont even make it to the finals series. But they do have some of their Springboks coming back with the completion of the Rugby Championship so they should be able to step it up.

The Bulls have been on the up recently but i cant see them challenging for anything this year.
If the Pumas beat the bulls then they can also still steak into the playoffs if the Lions lose their game against the Cheetahs.

Literally everything is on the stake this weekend for every team except the Sharks ( cant be overhauled) and the Griquas (Who cant make the playoffs).

Attachments

• currie cup log.png
    currie cup log.png
    48 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts