Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Stormers.png
Versus%20Super.png
Brumbies.png

Venue: DHL Newlands
Time: 19:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

We failed at the first real hurdle vs the Sharks. These next two games are CRITICAL if we want a good position end of season. I have an idea the Brumbies might be too much for us though sadly.

i'm very curious about this one. It's true that Stormers lost against the Sharks, but while watching that game, i always had the feeling it was your game to lose. You set the tempo of the game most of the time and looked in control. Silly mistakes here and there ended up costing you the game, but i'd like to believe the coaches know that and they'll make the necessary adjustments.
Can't wait to be honest. Good luck.

Can't see the Stormers winning this. Given the injuries in their backline to De Allende and Du Preez they have little try scoring capabilities. They will be matched up front and probably bested in the set pieces, as well as finding the Brumbies backs too difficult to deal with. Should be reasonably comfortable for the Brumbies.

I think we should be able to hold our own in the line-out. Scrum is a questionmark without Kitshoff.

I feel we have the lsoing of this match in the backline, right across the backline. Without Du Preez we seem to have lost a bit of impetus and direction and we don't have world class halves to start with. In the centers we are missing De Allende (and De Villiers's coolness) and De Jongh out of place looks out of place TBH. It seems the 7s game has done his distribution harm not that he cared to play others into space in the past mind you but at 12 that's just now more pronounced. Kolbe doesn't have much in terms of a territorial kicking game so we are easy to pin down in our half and between him, Zas and Lleyds we lack bulk out wide to garner 'hard' meters in tight matches.

Best case scenario for us is an ugly win if we can manage and hope and pray to get De Allende, Du Preez and maybe even Senatla back soon. Kobus van Wyk gives us some power out wide but he hasn't made quite the same sort of impact or had much chances too coming back from long term injury.

Can't see the Stormers winning this. Given the injuries in their backline to De Allende and Du Preez they have little try scoring capabilities. They will be matched up front and probably bested in the set pieces, as well as finding the Brumbies backs too difficult to deal with. Should be reasonably comfortable for the Brumbies.
If this was Canberra the i would agree with that statement but its Cape town and i don't think the brumbies will have it their own way. The stormers was the team to beat before they played the sharks in the SA conference. They were unlucky not to win it to be honest.

Now unlike the June internationals especially with super rugby home ground counts a lot. As for the Brumbies they played the Hurricanes and Waratahs at home and then played the force in Perth.
My point is that this is the first real test for the brumbies to see what they can do away from home. If the Brumbies win then they deserve to be called ***le favourites for this season.

If this was Canberra the i would agree with that statement but its Cape town and i don't think the brumbies will have it their own way. The stormers was the team to beat before they played the sharks in the SA conference. They were unlucky not to win it to be honest.

Now unlike the June internationals especially with super rugby home ground counts a lot. As for the Brumbies they played the Hurricanes and Waratahs at home and then played the force in Perth.
My point is that this is the first real test for the brumbies to see what they can do away from home. If the Brumbies win then they deserve to be called ***le favourites for this season.

To be fair I think the Lions were more the team to beat before last weeks round was complete. The play-off game was in Cape Town last year and the Brumbies ran away with it and that was without the crucial injuries to De Allende etc. The Stormers are really lacking the cutting edge and creativity to do the Brumbies over and containing the Brumbies backline almost makes it mission impossible. The forwards is where they can compete, but it's a great Brumbies pack and the emergence of Staniforth will be a good battle with Etzebeth.

I agree the brumbies backline is better than the stormers and they have much more creativity and cutting edge as You say. But its not that simple as the stormers backline is one of the best defensively in this competition so that is something i would like to see. As for the forwards the best lineout combination in the competition is playing for the stormers and i expect them to win set pieces more often than not.

I agree the brumbies backline is better than the stormers and they have much more creativity and cutting edge as You say. But its not that simple as the stormers backline is one of the best defensively in this competition so that is something i would like to see. As for the forwards the best lineout combination in the competition is playing for the stormers and i expect them to win set pieces more often than not.

The Brumbies have scored 15 tries this year in 3 games, which came against 2 of last years top 4 teams and the Stormers have scored just 6 and that's with two home fixtures.

The Stormers have the 2nd best defensive record in the competition, 1 point behind leaders The Sharks with conceding just 37 points, how ever the Brumbies are in 3rd just behind the Stormers on 39 points. Personally I think he Brumbies have played tougher opposition as well, scoring double the points and conceding nearly the same amount.

The Stormers do have the best lock combination in the tournament, and Schickerling provides depth off the bench. But the Brumbies line out has been very good this season as well and I think Sam Carter is a very underrated lock and Stanisforth is a really up and coming player who can have a strong impact off the bench or even gain a start over Arnold given his performance vs the Force and the Brumbies have superior hookers with Moore and Man-Rea showing incredible form this season. I don't think either team will dominate the other in the set pieces unless someone has a shocker.

Not saying the game is set and done, but everything is piling up against the Stormers in this one, that makes it very difficult to see a window of opportunity for them.

I expect a similar game like the last year in Cape Town, another win for the Ponies

I expect a similar game like the last year in Cape Town, another win for the Ponies

There were two matches last year between these teams. One was a tight win by the Stormers and one was a significant win for the Brumbies away.

There were two matches last year between these teams. One was a tight win by the Stormers and one was a significant win for the Brumbies away.

Yeah, I know it. For that reason I wrote the last game in Cape Town

You didn't say that though, but not a big deal, probably just a typo.

I don't think we are going to win this one. I expect it to be tight, but I am getting the sense that our attack hasn't improved since getting rid of AC, which is disappointing. We may potentially have a run of three losses in a row coming up (including the Sharks).

You didn't say that though, but not a big deal, probably just a typo.

I don't think we are going to win this one. I expect it to be tight, but I am getting the sense that our attack hasn't improved since getting rid of AC, which is disappointing. We may potentially have a run of three losses in a row coming up (including the Sharks).

This was my message:

Attachments

• 1458210339877.jpg
    1458210339877.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 8
This was my message:

You said last year and referenced the Brumbies win, You didn't mention that there were two games and your statement made it sound like there was only one game. That is why I brought up the fact that there were two games.

I see the Stormers are full of fighting talk, seems they don't learn from the past.

I'm actually kind of frustrated Tomane is the leading man with clean breaks, he's having a stellar season, the reason I am frustrated is because he's a Kiwi! The Wallbays are extremely lucky to have him. The Stormers do have a chance at limiting his damage as they have the highest tackling % tackling at 91%, but they have not faced the best Australian backs and Kiwi backs who in my opinion are without a doubt the best in the world. The Brumbies actually also have a better line out percentage with a 92.2% success to the Stormers 90% a marginal difference and the Stormers have had more line outs than the Brumbies, but it does indicate that both have very strong line outs and the Brumbies scrum success rate is better than the Stormers.

Stormers starting XV to face the Ponies:

15 Cheslin Kobe
14 Kobus van Wyk
13 Johnny Kotze
12 Juan de Jongh
11 Dillyn Leyds
10 Kurt Coleman
9 Nic Groom
8 Schalk Burger
7 Siya Kolisi
6 Nizaam Carr
5 Pieter-Steph du Toit
4 Eben Etzebeth
3 Frans Malherbe
2 Bongi Mbonambi
1 JC Janse van Rensburg

Replacements:

16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 Oli Kebble, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 JD Schickerling, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Leolin Zas

@saulan & @TRF_stormer2010

Say i land tomorrow in Cape Town and wanna purchase a ticket for the game, what price range would i be looking at? Not talking about season tickets or equivalent. Ballpark figure, course.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
@saulan & @TRF_stormer2010

Say i land tomorrow in Cape Town and wanna purchase a ticket for the game, what price range would i be looking at? Not talking about season tickets or equivalent. Ballpark figure, course.
Thanks in advance.

The most expensive tickets you can buy for tomorrows match is R150, which equates to less than U$10.