• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Americas Rugby Championship

half time arg 27 canada 21

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see your point.. the gap is way bigger than arg vs rumania. is Brazil even a tier 3?

- - - Updated - - -

Brazil ranking 42!!

Of course it is.

I'm not saying that Argentina should be forced to label their A side as their full test one. My point is that Tier 2 nations should also be able to use official A teams whenever they send an understrength team to a competition like this, for whatever reason. This match should have been considered Brazil vs USA A, with no ranking loss.

Also, I doubt it was the best USA team available. Surely they could have called at least a few of their overseas professional players. They chose not to do it because Brazil was probably considered a weak opponent and they thought they could win with their A team anyway.

I think it's only fair that Tier 2 sides should be allowed to send A sides to take part in tournaments if they wish; but the side they enter into the tournament is that side. It's either the USA, or USA A for all games. No side should be able to pick and choose what the side is designated as during the tournament and as far as I know, no side can.

ARC 2016 - Round 4 match highlights

Brazil vs USA

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's only fair that Tier 2 sides should be allowed to send A sides to take part in tournaments if they wish; but the side they enter into the tournament is that side. It's either the USA, or USA A for all games. No side should be able to pick and choose what the side is designated as during the tournament and as far as I know, no side can.

I agree, that would be fair.

I was at the Stadium and it was AMAZING!
Of course we know we won a game against a B/C American side. But believe me, it is HUGE anyway!

Is hard to develop rugby over here, and the work that Brasil Rugby is doing is amazing. The development in recent years was big. I would say that if we faced this same Amercian side a couple of years ago the result would be quite different (for the worse).
Let´s see next saturday against Argentina XV. In 2014, I think, we lost by 80 points... That´s going to be a good way to measure our improvement.

ARC 2016 - Round 4 Full match videos

Brazil vs USA

Chile vs Uruguay

some footage of arg xv vs canada

I hope in one or two days the full match will be upload on Youtube.

The attendance of Round 4:

- Chile - Uruguay
CARR La Reina (Santiago, Chile): 1.500

- Brazil - USA
Arena Barueri (Sao Paulo, Brazil): 2.000

- Argentina - Canada
Duendes Rugby Club (Rosario, Argentina): 2.000

Last edited:
[video]http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/videohub/video/clipDeportes?id=deportes:2609353[/video]

arg xv vs canada complete

Arg xv for brasil game
ARGENTINA XV: 1- Facundo Gigena, 2- Santiago Iglesias Valdez, 3- Enrique Pieretto; 4- Pedro Ortega, 5- Ignacio Larrague; 6- José Deheza, 7- Lautaro Bavaro, 8- Santiago Portillo; 9- Marcos Bollini, 10- Juan Cruz González, 11- Pedro Mercerat, 12- Tomás Granella, 13- Juan Cappiello, 14- Juan Pablo Estellés, 15- Ramiro Moyano.
saturday 8 pm arg time

arg xv. beat the tupis 40-7 in A very bad game for arg. never see so many knock ons in one game

ARC 2016 - Round 5 Full match video

Brazil vs Argentina XV

Uruguay vs USA

The news for the ARC 2017 are that this tournament moves from February to March, and all matches will be elevated to full test status.

The news for the ARC 2017 are that this tournament moves from February to March, and all matches will be elevated to full test status.

This is very good for the tournament, but a bit strange for Argentina. How are we going to handle the superposition with super rugby?

Latest posts