• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (Round 3)

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
6Nations.jpg

Ireland.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
England.png

Ireland vs England

Date: Sunday, 1 March 2015 - 15:00 WET (UTC+0)
Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)

Team Line-ups:
[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Ireland[/TD]
[TD]vs[/TD]
[TD]England[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rob Kearney[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Alex Goode[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tommy Bowe[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Anthony Watson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jared Payne[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Jonathan Joseph[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Robbie Henshaw[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Luther Burrell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Simon Zebo[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Jack Nowell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Johnny Sexton[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]George Ford[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Conor Murray[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Ben Youngs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jordi Murphy[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Billy Vunipola[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sean O'Brien[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Chris Robshaw[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Peter O' Mahony[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]James Haskell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Paul O'Connell[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]George Kruis[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Devin Toner[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Dave Attwood[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mike Ross[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Dan Cole[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rory Best[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Dylan Hartley[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jack McGrath[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Joe Marler[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Replacements[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sean Cronin[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Tom Youngs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cian Healy[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Mako Vunipola[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Martin Moore[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Henry Thomas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Iain Henderson[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Nick Easter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tommy O'Donnell[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Tom Croft[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Eoin Reddan[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Richard Wigglesworth[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ian Madigan[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Danny Cipriani[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Felix Jones[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]Billy Twelvetrees[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Well this is definitely going to be the big game of the week. If England play like they did in the 2nd half vs Wales, I can see us winning. If we play like we did against Italy then it is harder to say. We might leak tries but we might also score them. I think the game will be won on discipline, whoever gives away silly penalties loses.

Well this is definitely going to be the big game of the week. If England play like they did in the 2nd half vs Wales, I can see us winning. If we play like we did against Italy then it is harder to say. We might leak tries but we might also score them. I think the game will be won on discipline, whoever gives away silly penalties loses.

So it could very much come down to how we play in that first half. A slow, sloppy start would be the end of us.

Christ... The arrogance.

That in itself is arrogant. Do you see the irony?

Suggesting England might win a close game if they are well disciplined in the first half isn't exactly arrogant.

Damm you're right Tony.
Its much like 'the game' - if you think about the game you've already lost the game. If you mention arrogance you're already being arrogant

Now who is being arrogant?!!!

You suggesting you're not arrogant? That's pretty arrogant.

If you mention arrogance you're already being arrogant

But... that makes me arrogant, which makes @cmac95 correct... which means... err... Ireland will win?

Last edited by a moderator:
On game this has all makings of mudfest. Weather not looking superb and I think both team may be extremely conservative.

Oh bugger, you don't think they'll spring Farage on us?

Without seeing the teams it is hard to see how it will go, but based from the last 2 games. Ireland are finding it hard to score tries, but our defence last week would have let them have a field day. England start really slow and if Sexton gets the chances Kelly Haimona did than he will put them away, Ireland could be 12-0 up within 25 minutes if we start like normal. I would back us to score some tries in this game, but in Dublin there really only looks like one winner. Ireland 22 England 16

Without seeing the teams it is hard to see how it will go, but based from the last 2 games. Ireland are finding it hard to score tries, but our defence last week would have let them have a field day. England start really slow and if Sexton gets the chances Kelly Haimona did than he will put them away, Ireland could be 12-0 up within 25 minutes if we start like normal. I would back us to score some tries in this game, but in Dublin there really only looks like one winner. Ireland 22 England 16

I can't see it being a try fest or any team really running away with it. Both coaches will set teams up to defend well and just beat the other in to mistake. And if it's a wet day I'd expect an aerial battle. And Brown to be tested early to see has he recovered from his injury.

I definitely fear the Irish in an aerial battle, this kick chase is much much better than ours. We are generally weak when teams kick over the top and chase well because nobody seems to have told England that when you have one player at the back being closed down by multiple players, you need others to get back and support them. We never do this fast enough and I fear Ireland could do this, get penalties and then score that way. Despite our defending against Italy, I don't fear Ireland so much with ball in hand. I think a large chunk of the poor performance against Italy was complacency. I think our 9 also needs to be more prepared for kicks over the top of our defensive line. I can't see Ireland putting a large number of tries on us but I can see them completely controlling the game is we don't adapt to what they are doing and play stupidly. They are not the most glamorous teams in the world but they are one of the most intelligent.

Latest posts