• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] Argentina v New Zealand in La Plata (27/09/2014)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140916065417362597.png

140916065412996251.png

15 Joaquín Tuculet
14 Juan Imhoff
13 Marcelo Bosch
12 Juan Martín Hernández
11 Manuel Montero
10 Nicolás Sánchez
9 Tomás Cubelli
8 Leonardo Senatore
7 Juan Fernández Lobbe
6 Benjamín Macome
5 Tomás Lavanini
4 Mariano Galarza
3 Ramiro Herrera
2 Agustín Creevy (c)
1 Marcos Ayerza

Reserves:

16 Matías Cortese, 17 Lucas Noguera Paz, 18 Nahuel Tetaz Chaperro, 19 Matías Alemanno, 20 Rodrigo Báez, 21 Martín Landajo,
22 Santiago González Iglesias, 23 Horacio Agulla.
140916065416590853.png

140916065415463267.png

15 Israel Dagg
14 Ben Smith
13 Conrad Smith
12 Malakai Fekitoa
11 Julian Savea
10 Beauden Barrett
9 Aaron Smith
8 Kieran Read
7 Richie McCaw (c)
6 Jerome Kaino
5 Sam Whitelock
4 Brodie Retallick
3 Owen Franks
2 Keven Mealamu
1 Wyatt Crockett

Reserves:

16 Nathan Harris, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Ben Franks, 19 Jeremy Thrush, 20 Sam Cane, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Colin Slade, 23 Cory Jane.

Stadium: Estadio Unico de La Plata
Capacity: 53,000
City: La Plata
Referee: Craig Joubert

140916070620245104.jpg

Last edited:
Kaino is going to do them a world of good. NZ isn't very deep it seems in that third row, and that Luatua guy wasn't all that great last weekend.
So it's Pumas All-Blacks in La Plata...sure hope Owen Franks is ready !

I think it will be another clinical match, like Napier. Get in, get bonus point, get out, no injuries, seal RC, head to Africa with some freedom to play

aaahhh, smartass ayyy...do you have anything to back this claim up, you impertinent little snot ?

That's too far Ewis.. Even for you.. A snot.. Wtf did I do to you. And regards the ABs losing.. They will be too distracted by the beautiful latin ladies in the crowd hehe I would be.. But I guess I'm no pro.

That's too far Ewis.. Even for you.. A snot.. Wtf did I do to you. And regards the ABs losing.. They will be too distracted by the beautiful latin ladies in the crowd hehe I would be.. But I guess I'm no pro.

well actually that would make sense, that's not bad a reason...it's just that...Argentina, beautiful latin ladies ?? Just wtf are you on about ?

argentina-soccer-girl-lwp-137718-1-s-307x512.jpg

Sorry we got interrupted there, but anyways please stop polluting this thread with strange ideas and random concepts, it's toxic in nature and you're just derailing a perfectly premature thread. Oh and I don't even apologize for calling you that. Yeah, I'm just mischievous like that.

Oh My God, Argentinian shells are Awesome...

But anyways, back to the rugby.
Los Pumas at home are a banana skin waiting to happen.
The Pumas are capable of being unstoppable and gritty.
They can beat pretty much anyone on their day, I just hope we escape unscathed to head to the Republic ready to give it all we have got.

well I really hope Argentina produce the game I want them to and know they can. I don't think they can beat the AB, but I do think they can make it really interesting til the very final whistle. They've got us all used to them playing a rather competitive game over in NZ and then with big expectations back home, taking a beating. But maybe this one's the good one...

Screen Shot 2014-09-20 at 2.44.38 PM.png

So it will be 10. Barrett, 12. Fekitoa. An exciting combo? Definitely. It doesn't really fill me with a lot of confidence however....

Kaino should be back (which will be a massive boost), though Sam Whitelock is still in doubt. If Whitelock isn't 100% they shouldn't risk him, as he will be vital in combating the Boks lineout in the next test. Thrush is a bit limited, but was excellent in the 1st match versus Argentina, and performed solidly against he Boks too.

I would love to see Smith at fullback with Piutau on the wing but the AB's selectors are unlikely to drop Dagg again. Piutau may well feature off the bench though.

indeedily doo, I'd like to see Piutau play a little more in dat black j j j j jerrrrrrr zzee. First world problems for the (notso)handsome Hansen dude and his staffari: Dagg's really good, but it would be nice to drop him altogether coz Ben Smith at 15 and two really good wingers...but we can't just drop him, he's been really really good..:cryy:
Man, just can't wait for this one, fkkkk...would love to see the Pumas get a good result here.

Fekitoa at 12.

Nek minit.

Argentina player intercepts one of his passes and try time.

indeedily doo, I'd like to see Piutau play a little more in dat black j j j j jerrrrrrr zzee. First world problems for the (notso)handsome Hansen dude and his staffari: Dagg's really good, but it would be nice to drop him altogether coz Ben Smith at 15 and two really good wingers...but we can't just drop him, he's been really really good..:cryy:
Man, just can't wait for this one, fkkkk...would love to see the Pumas get a good result here.

How has he been really good?

Dagg has been steady, and I think thats how hes been asked to play. I mentioned in an old post that I think Hansen has given some players free license but others (Dagg, Jane, Conrad) are told to do the basics, nothing risky. You have to have a blend of flair and composure, thats what makes a great team.
If we had Barret, Fekitoa, Piutau, Savea, Ben and Aaron Smith all starting that would give me the willys a bit!

Dagg has been steady, and I think thats how hes been asked to play. I mentioned in an old post that I think Hansen has given some players free license but others (Dagg, Jane, Conrad) are told to do the basics, nothing risky. You have to have a blend of flair and composure, thats what makes a great team.
If we had Barret, Fekitoa, Piutau, Savea, Ben and Aaron Smith all starting that would give me the willys a bit!

Dagg is superb under the high ball, has a massive boot, and has strong positional play, but not much else at the moment. Suggesting he is "steady" is probably fair, but the AB's have looked far better with Ben Smith at fullback this season. Personally I don't think Dagg has been told to simply "do the basics" by the AB's coaches - he's been playing the same way for every side he has played for these last 2-3 years (All Blacks, Crusaders, Hawke's Bay). At times it looks like he is trying to break the line with his running from deep but he so predictable with ball in hand these days opposition sides seldom struggle to bring him down. Perhaps my biggest issue with Dagg at the moment his habit of ruining promising backline play when he enters the line. He often receives the ball, does a little 'stutter step' (10m away from any defenders) then throws a no-look pass 1m behind the nearest All Black. Playing Ben Smith at fullback gives you the best of both worlds - he is a far better attacker than Dagg, and I would suggest he has a lot better composure too (Dagg has had some shockers in Black over the last year or so..). Obviously the AB's selectors know a lot more about rugby than I do, so I suppose I'm just going to have to trust them.......

Anyways.... Dane Coles has flown back to New Zealand today so he will be back for the birth of his first child. This means Mealamu will start, with Harris to debut from the bench. I wonder when the last time Mealamu played more than 20 minutes of rugby was? The AB's side is starting to look a bit depleted.....

Dane Coles should never be allowed to play in the All Blacks again.

Players are dropping sprogs left, right and centre and missing out on important matches. We need him in Argentina and yet he has to concern himself with trivial distractions back in New Zealand...

Latest posts