7. Willem Alberts
6. Marcell Coetzee
5. Stephan Lewies
4. Anton Bresler
3. Jannie du Plessis
2. Bismarck du Plessis (c)
1. Thomas du Toit

Reserves:

16. Kyle Cooper , 17. Dale Chadwick , 18. Lourens Adriaanse , 19. Etienne Oosthuizen , 20. Jean Deysel , 21. Charl McLeod , 22. Pat Lambie , 23. Tonderai Chavhanga

14071304181489643.png

140713041817115423.png

1. Kane Hames
2. Ged Robinson
3. Chris King
4. Jarrad Hoeata
5. Joe Wheeler
6. Elliot Dixon
7. Shane Christie
8. Nasi Manu (Co.Captain)
9. Aaron Smith
10. Lima Sopoaga
11. Patrick Osborne
12. Phil Burleigh
13. Malakai Fekitoa
14. Richard Buckman
15. Ben Smith (Co.Captain)

Reserves:

16 - Liam Coltman, 17 - Matias Diaz, 18 - JP Koen, 19 - Josh Bekhuis, 20 - Tom Franklin, 21 - Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 - Trent Renata, 23 - Gareth Evans

Stadium: Kings Park
Attendance: 55,000
City: Durban
Referee: Steve Walsh

140713042301410.jpg

Last edited:
Highlanders embarassed the Sharks in Durban earlier on but expect the Sharks should still be favorites.

Yeah, I almost can't believe the Highlanders beat the Shawks so well last time, as they've been pretty shocking lately, getting pumped two weeks in a row (albeit by the 1 and 2 ranked teams).

Will be a difficult game for the Highlanders, especially playing in durban but nothing is impossible.

Just been watching the Shawks v Stormers actually and I reckon the Highlanders might have a shot. Stormers looked quite a lot better early on and the Sharks just had zero penetration until right at the end... not very convincing at all.

What are the thoughts of the South Africans on here? I'm desperately hoping the Highlanders can repeat their mid season hammering of the Shawks at Durban (31-18 wasn't it?) - if they win, the Waratahs will play their home semi against the Highlanders, whilst the Brumbies/Chiefs will be forced to play the Crusaders in Christchurch.

All in all, what it would mean is that it would be possible to see an all-Australia Super Rugby final!

Go Highlanders!

What are the thoughts of the South Africans on here? I'm desperately hoping the Highlanders can repeat their mid season hammering of the Shawks at Durban (31-18 wasn't it?) - if they win, the Waratahs will play their home semi against the Highlanders, whilst the Brumbies/Chiefs will be forced to play the Crusaders in Christchurch.

All in all, what it would mean is that it would be possible to see an all-Australia Super Rugby final!

Go Highlanders!

It's the playoffs. Which means there is no more need to score 4 tries and get bonus points. The only thing that matters now is win the game. I expect the Sharks to play typical Jake White - choking rugby. Possibly winning by kicks at goal mostly.

Sharks to win

It's the playoffs. Which means there is no more need to score 4 tries and get bonus points. The only thing that matters now is win the game. I expect the Sharks to play typical Jake White - choking rugby. Possibly winning by kicks at goal mostly.

Sharks to win

Yeah, you might be right - the wheels look to have fallen off the Highlanders a bit too.

Reckon the Shawks can make the final though? I have to say I can't see them getting past the Crusaders now that they have their full-strength team back - you need a world class 10 and 7 to win Super Championships, which makes the 'saders more than a little troubling now that McCaw and Carter are back in the mix.

What's the problem with Walsh?

Well given that he's an alcoholic the chances of him reffing this game sober are pretty low. The fact that he was rejected by the NZRU also makes his stupified refereeing ability very suspect indeed and he will probably favour the side that is not from NZ.

LOL. Joking of course...... somewhat.

Yeah, you might be right - the wheels look to have fallen off the Highlanders a bit too.

Reckon the Shawks can make the final though? I have to say I can't see them getting past the Crusaders now that they have their full-strength team back - you need a world class 10 and 7 to win Super Championships, which makes the 'saders more than a little troubling now that McCaw and Carter are back in the mix.

Well, The Sharks did beat the Crusaders in Christchurch with 14 men earlier this year...

Yeah Sharks will win this at a canter I suspect. Jake White must of been taking a nap or something during the last game.

The Sharks did beat the Crusaders in Christchurch with 14 men earlier this year - can they do it gain in a semi-final - don't think so
The Highlanders beat the Sharks against expectations earlier this year - can they do it again in a play-off situation - also dontt think so

Sharks to win

Well, The Sharks did beat the Crusaders in Christchurch with 14 men earlier this year...

A Crusaders with no Dan Carter, Israel Dagg and nor Keiran Read - they're a different prospect when those guys are playing.
Oh and the Highlanders did knock the Sharks off at home in Durban 31-18 earlier this year too ;)

The Sharks did beat the Crusaders in Christchurch with 14 men earlier this year - can they do it gain in a semi-final - don't think so
The Highlanders beat the Sharks against expectations earlier this year - can they do it again in a play-off situation - also dontt think so

Sharks to win

Yeah, that's kinda what I suspect too... still hoping for a Highlanders win though - the set-up for an all Australia final would rock :D .

Last edited:
What's the problem with Walsh?

Apart from the fact he is an arrogant prick who thinks he is better than the game? Nothing ;) He seems to be under he impression that he is the main attraction and everyone has come to the ground to watch him referee. It is a bit unfortunate as I actually think he actually referee's the game reasonably well - if he got rid of his ego he could actually be a pretty good ref :)

Apart from the fact he is an arrogant prick who thinks he is better than the game? Nothing ;) He seems to be under he impression that he is the main attraction and everyone has come to the ground to watch him referee. It is a bit unfortunate as I actually think he actually referee's the game reasonably well - if he got rid of his ego he could actually be a pretty good ref :)

He makes too many mistakes in a game. And I for one haven't heard of any other refs so often saying "my mistake" during a game.

I think his problem is his interpretation of certain areas of the laws, and how the way he interprets it, leaves him open for criticism, which often happens.

He's been better than Jaco Peyper though...

He makes too many mistakes in a game. And I for one haven't heard of any other refs so often saying "my mistake" during a game.

I think his problem is his interpretation of certain areas of the laws, and how the way he interprets it, leaves him open for criticism, which often happens.

He's been better than Jaco Peyper though...

I actually don't think Walsh makes significantly more mistakes than other referees, but he does say "my mistake" a lot... It's perfectly healthy to admit to your mistakes (or you'll never be able to learn from them), but IMO Walsh is too blunt about it and it undermines his authority. Other referees also catch their mistakes and adjust their calls (minor stuff, like which team gets the scrum feed) either on their own or according to the assistant referee's advice, but they do so without calling attention to it. There is such a thing as too much communication.

Latest posts