• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] New Zealand vs South Africa in Auckland (14/09/2013)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
TRC.png

Eden Park, Auckland (14/09/2013, 06:35 GMT)
New Zealand.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
South Africa.png

Referee: Roman Poite
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

Assistants: Jerome Garces
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
& Francisco Pastrana
23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Television match official: George Ayoub
23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png

New Zealand
TBD

South Africa
TBD

Having the annual champagne breakfast at my home to celebrate this match, my highlight of the rugby year.
And for the first time in a long time I feel the Bokke will be very competitive, really can't wait

Having the annual champagne breakfast at my home to celebrate this match, my highlight of the rugby year.
And for the first time in a long time I feel the Bokke will be very competitive, really can't wait

Competitive??

I think we have a fighting chance of actually Winning!!

How much better is the Rugby championship than the 3N!?! I mean a home and away against NZ and Aus is just soooo much better than the skewed 3N was and Argentina have been more competitive than I would have thought; a draw last year was a fantastic result for them and besides the drubbing at Loftus this year they have been in good(ish) form and will likely be targeting the Aus scalp. Yes, easier said than done for them but if they can repeat their previous two performances and dominate at the scrum as expected... I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off the upset.

Back to this game... with no injuries you'd expect an unchanged team from SA and rightly so. Good that we are building some momentum but this will be a HUGE test even without McCaw. We enter as underdogs but this year we will arguably be NZ's biggest test since the RWC final. What I am hoping for is for the guys to keep up the intensity and improve the accuracy and hope the result takes care of itself. If we can at least muster a losing BP (not that the guys shouldn't go in to win!!) I expect us to beat Aus at home with a BP and then we just need to beat NZ at home for the ***le.

Some minor added incentive; if we win by 15+ we go top of the IRB rankings.

How much better is the Rugby championship than the 3N!?! I mean a home and away against NZ and Aus is just soooo much better than the skewed 3N was and Argentina have been more competitive than I would have thought; a draw last year was a fantastic result for them and besides the drubbing at Loftus this year they have been in good(ish) form and will likely be targeting the Aus scalp. Yes, easier said than done for them but if they can repeat their previous two performances and dominate at the scrum as expected... I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off the upset.

Sorry that I'm breaking your post into 2, but this first one doesn't make sense.

In the Tri Nations we played each team twice, one at home, and one away.
And Argentina lost at Soccer City. The only game at Loftus this year was against Samoa.

Back to this game... with no injuries you'd expect an unchanged team from SA and rightly so. Good that we are building some momentum but this will be a HUGE test even without McCaw. We enter as underdogs but this year we will arguably be NZ's biggest test since the RWC final. What I am hoping for is for the guys to keep up the intensity and improve the accuracy and hope the result takes care of itself. If we can at least muster a losing BP (not that the guys shouldn't go in to win!!) I expect us to beat Aus at home with a BP and then we just need to beat NZ at home for the ***le.
I expect 1 change... and that is at Scrumhalf. If I was the SA coaching team, I'd pick Jano and Piet Van Zyl. Aaron Smith has a tendency to give 2 steps before passing and both Jano and Piet will be much better suited than Ruan to get Aaron off his game.

Richie is out, but Sam Cane is no slouch. that said, the All Blacks will be without their captain, and this coud just tilt it into our favour.

Sorry that I'm breaking your post into 2, but this first one doesn't make sense.

And Argentina lost at Soccer City. The only game at Loftus this year was against Samoa.

No - for several of the later years we played each teams three times (except the last Tri Nations due to the RWC). The result was often 4 games against Australia each year.

Man this match is going to be epic!!
It has been a long time since AB's don't have such a solid rival in front. Boks already show they got a squad capable of beat them, so it would be interesting to watch indeed.

Popcorn.gif ... this will be the match up of the tournament

office Jannie will be braai'ing all week in anticipation

I expect 1 change... and that is at Scrumhalf. If I was the SA coaching team, I'd pick Jano and Piet Van Zyl. Aaron Smith has a tendency to give 2 steps before passing and both Jano and Piet will be much better suited than Ruan to get Aaron off his game.

Richie is out, but Sam Cane is no slouch. that said, the All Blacks will be without their captain, and this coud just tilt it into our favour.
Well NickNZ has answere the first and yeah, NZ playing Aus 4 times a year has to get old. How could I have forgotten the Arg game was at Soccer city LOL!!

I agree regarding swapping in Vermaak ahead of Pienaar. PvZ still has to earn his green jersey IMO. He has been our best 9 in SR at times its true but he is a tad inconsistent and more error-prone than the others IMO. I can't see HM changing it up though as RP had one of his better games. Vermaak can fit the Bok game, I just don't think PvZ is best suited for what HM wants to do.

Weeeeeell it's been a bit...
o_O

And then you just leave it there...? No comment, nothing!?

Last edited:
It's braai time!

Any Springbok injuries?

Zip, nada, Fokol!!

The Doc has given everyone a clean bill of health... Man those aussies are softies!!

Well no injuries from the weekend but its not like we aren't carrying injuries! But then everyone are aware of those and we've been handling it quite well even if we've been giving HM some stick (I know I have).

HaHa. Been so mad lately that I just lost track of all the forums I was part of. Thinking it's time to get back into it. This site sure has changed a lot since I was here last. On to the game though, it's gonna be tough. I just hope we see a classic NZ vs SA dogfight. A game where both teams give it their all. (Although, NZ can give it almost their all, so that we have a shot). Nice to see a bit of Argentine presence here. I got a lot of catching up to do. Hehe.

Well no injuries from the weekend but its not like we aren't carrying injuries! But then everyone are aware of those and we've been handling it quite well even if we've been giving HM some stick (I know I have).

Every coach will get stick.

But you have to give it to HM. He loves the Bokke, that passion he shows in the coaching boks is something you don't see too often.

Every coach will get stick.

But you have to give it to HM. He loves the Bokke, that passion he shows in the coaching boks is something you don't see too often.

I thought it was immensely funny when you could see HM screaming his lungs out, then they cut to McKenzie, and clear as day you could see him say 'f*** me'. Bit of a stupid move sitting next to the crowd at a game where you get whooped. He must have copped some stick sitting out there by his lonesome.

I thought it was immensely funny when you could see HM screaming his lungs out, then they cut to McKenzie, and clear as day you could see him say 'f*** me'. Bit of a stupid move sitting next to the crowd at a game where you get whooped. He must have copped some stick sitting out there by his lonesome.

Hahaha, yeah that was hillarious! HM screaming "Go Willie, Go Willie" and every time they show Ewen, he just gives a short "**** Me"

Latest posts