• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2 on 1s

coops

Academy Player
I know this has been mentioned briefly in other threads, but I thought it deserved it's own one.

Now I've only played the demo, so I don't know if the 2 on 1s in the real game would have changed, but I found them to be appalling on the demo.

Making a break, the supporting players actually go out their way to drop off and stand ludicrously deep. It's almost like they are trying to stick with their opposite numbers/markers. In real life obviously, everyone would be busting a gut to get on the guys shoulder. When the pass does come, it's generally slow and at least 5 metres back. Has anyone else had the same thoughts on this?

Don't get me wrong, it still is a fairly fun game to play, but for me, it has too many annoyances like this.

Yea iv'e experienced it and its been there since rugby 2005. It seems to happen especially when you use the classic set play and you pass it to the outside centre the winger starts running completely the other way for some reason. I think it may be a programming issue but its strange that they haven't fixed it.

There was a video a review that showed a break by someone playing as Ireland, and the support play looked improved from the demo, with them making 80m due to some very good support plays. Lionmaull had a theory though that the your supporting AI is better on Medium and Hard than it is on Easy, no idea though, just gonna have to wait a few more days!

Latest posts