• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Dragons

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Leinster.png
Dragons.png

</div>

Gordon D'Arcy and Nathan Hines could be in line for their first starts of the season having been named in the inital squad for the visit of the Dragons on Saturday.

Bernard Jackman is also in line for his first start and could well do given the problems with the lineout against the Scarlets.

The Dragons will travel with confidence having seen off Ulster in their opening match but they'll travel without their skipper who picked up a calf injury. Luke Charteris should captain the side in Willis' absence.

Over 13000 tickets have already been sold for this match.

Hoping to see more from McLaughlin and Morris, Less from Keane and Fogarty.

Leinster to win of course.

Brendan Macken has been named in the starting XV for the u20 game so he's one player who seems to have missed out on the 22 fro the original squad.

If Jackman is fit, I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Harris Wright retained on the bench ahead of Fogarty. Hopefully the only other change will see Morris come in for Dempsey with D'arcy and Hines offering impact from the bench after 50 minutes. I suspect both will start though.

The Dragons are showing massive signs of improvment- I think the inclusion of D'Arcy and Hines are to show that they don't want to lose to the Dragons. I actually think the Men of Gwent may just pull it off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/3777.php

The Leinster team to face the Dragons in Saturday night's Magners League clash at the RDS (KO: 7pm) has been named...TICKETS STILL ON SALE... *IMPORTANT NOTICE - If you are a Leinster season ticket holder and you have not yet received your tickets, please e-mail [email protected] Please note that season tickets applications have now closed for this season* Mike Ross and Shaun Berne are two of three Leinster players making their home debuts for the province for Saturday's game. The third player, David Kearney, is named on the wing and also makes his second Leinster appearance in a back three which includes Isa Nacewa and Shane Horgan.

In the pack, Devin Toner partners skipper Leo Cullen in second row, with Sean O'Brien coming into the team to start at number eight.

Gordon D'Arcy and Nathan Hines are named on a strong replacements bench which also includes summer signing Eoin Reddan.

Tickets are available for Saturday's match online from www.leinsterrugby.ie, Ticketmaster outlets nationwide, Spar Donnybrook and the Leinster Rugby Store in Donnybrook. Tickets will be available on the day from Ticketmaster outlets on Angelsea Road (opposite the Herbert Park Hotel) and Simmonscourt Road, from 4.30pm until kick off.

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Shane Horgan
13: Fergus McFadden
12: Shaun Berne
11: David Kearney
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Chris Keane

1: Cian Healy
2: John Fogarty
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Jason Harris-Wright
17: Stan Wright
18: Nathan Hines
19: Stephen Keogh
20: Eoin Reddan
21: Gordon D'Arcy
22: Simon Keogh

REFEREE: Graham Knox (SRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: David Wilkinson (IRFU), Jonathan Peake (IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: John Montayne (ARLB), 5th OFFICIAL: Nigel Correll (ARLB), TMO: Tony Redmond (IRFU)[/b]

Very interesting selection. Dempsey, Morris, O'Donohoe and O'Kelly drop out of the 22 completely. I'm intrigued with the makeup of the backrow. O'Brien at number 8 is a brave call but Keogh did nothing off the base of the scrum last week. McLoughlin was nowhere near the team last year but seems to be in pole position for the blindside flanker spot throughout the season. D'arcy, Reddan, Wright and Hines are potential game changers off the bench. First start for Mike Ross. Devin Toner gets a chance to show what he can do in quite a strong pack. David Kearney on the wing is a brave call since he seems to have bypassed both Simon Keogh and Niall Morris for selection.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 11 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/3777.php

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Shane Horgan
13: Fergus McFadden
12: Shaun Berne
11: David Kearney
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Chris Keane

1: Cian Healy
2: John Fogarty
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Jason Harris-Wright
17: Stan Wright
18: Nathan Hines
19: Stephen Keogh
20: Eoin Reddan
21: Gordon D'Arcy
22: Simon Keogh

REFEREE: Graham Knox (SRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: David Wilkinson (IRFU), Jonathan Peake (IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: John Montayne (ARLB), 5th OFFICIAL: Nigel Correll (ARLB), TMO: Tony Redmond (IRFU)[/b]

Very interesting selection. Dempsey, Morris, O'Donohoe and O'Kelly drop out of the 22 completely. I'm intrigued with the makeup of the backrow. O'Brien at number 8 is a brave call but Keogh did nothing off the base of the scrum last week. McLoughlin was nowhere near the team last year but seems to be in pole position for the blindside flanker spot throughout the season. D'arcy, Reddan, Wright and Hines are potential game changers off the bench. First start for Mike Ross. Devin Toner gets a chance to show what he can do in quite a strong pack. David Kearney on the wing is a brave call since he seems to have bypassed both Simon Keogh and Niall Morris for selection.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, very interesting selection. The back 3 shouldn't have any problems finishing chances though it doesn't look anywhere near as dangerous without SuperRob and Luke Fitz.

Midfield would look alot stonger if D'Arcy was in for Berne and it's a shame that Reddan isn't starting since you're stuck with Chris 'spent most of my career in connacht....that's right, coz I'm ****' Keane. Much stronger looking pack than last week though.

Sean O'Brien at 8 is just gonna be like Wallace at 8. I rekon he'll be playing as a flanker around the field and just do the number 8 thing at scrumtime. Hoping for Cian Healy yo shine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 10 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the inclusion of D'Arcy and Hines are to show that they don't want to lose to the Dragons.[/b]
No **** sherlock. Sure we didnt want to lose to the Scarlets either last week :)

We have about 8-9 players to introduce over the next two or three weeks so their inclusion is common sense. You dont want them all coming back at onse so integrate them piece by piece.

I've no idea how the game will go but as its home I expect us to squeak through by 30 or 40 points. (joke).

David Kearney on the wing is a bolt from the blue. They are saying great things about him (better then his brother etc) so it'll be good to see him in action. I'm looking forward to seeing how that backrow works out. McLaughlin has been good so far this year, and O'Brien at 8 should be an intersting experiment.

Good to see Reddan, D'Arcy and Hines on the bench. Hopefully they will get a decent run out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 11 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
David Kearney on the wing is a bolt from the blue. They are saying great things about him (better then his brother etc) so it'll be good to see him in action.[/b]
I've seen that a few times (on LF.com) but in my opinion it's far from the truth. For example, the younger Kearney is making his 2nd Leinster appearance tomorrow at the age of 20. Rob played about 25 games for Leinster at the same stage and was competing for gametime with Hickie, Dempsey and Horgan all of whom were in their prime. He was already being touted for international honours. Dave Kearney has a lot of talent but he's not in the same class as his brother. If he's to make it as a pro he'll have to move to the wing full time in my opinion - he wasn't even the best fullback on the u20s the last couple of years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 11 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 10 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the inclusion of D'Arcy and Hines are to show that they don't want to lose to the Dragons.[/b]
No **** sherlock. Sure we didnt want to lose to the Scarlets either last week :)

We have about 8-9 players to introduce over the next two or three weeks so their inclusion is common sense. You dont want them all coming back at onse so integrate them piece by piece.

I've no idea how the game will go but as its home I expect us to squeak through by 30 or 40 points. (joke).

David Kearney on the wing is a bolt from the blue. They are saying great things about him (better then his brother etc) so it'll be good to see him in action. I'm looking forward to seeing how that backrow works out. McLaughlin has been good so far this year, and O'Brien at 8 should be an intersting experiment.

Good to see Reddan, D'Arcy and Hines on the bench. Hopefully they will get a decent run out.
[/b][/quote]
As in they feel that the Dragons are capable of beating them, which I'd say they are. They're putting out Lions so they don't fall behind too far in the leauge.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 11 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 11 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 10 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
As in they feel that the Dragons are capable of beating them, which I'd say they are. They're putting out Lions so they don't fall behind too far in the leauge.
[/b][/quote]

nothing to do with that, non test Lions are back in action this weekend.

23-14 to Leinster. A boring game with only a couple of moments of inspiration.

Nacewa scored a fantastic try. Ross was outstanding in the scrum and the lineout was much improved. Lots to work on, particularly in the backline which lacked penetration. Next week should see Leinster increase the intensity with D'arcy, Hines and Reddan all likely to feature in the starting XV.

Yeah, not as many errors as last week but enough.

Dragons were constantly offending and slowing down the ball. Two bookins were fair enough, but they really killed the Leinster momentum. The thing is Leinster didnt punich them when they were a man down.

It wasnt all bad. We won, denied them their bonus point (which they didnt deserve) and a crowd of 15,000 (not bad for the dragons) game Darcy, Hines and Reddan a good welcome.

Christ, I dislike Leinster this season. I DONT NEED NO REASON!!!!!!!!! At least we won the war of independence! (Cork between Macroom and Killarney in the hills) Hines quality signig thoug

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Sep 13 2009, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Christ, I dislike Leinster this season. I DONT NEED NO REASON!!!!!!!!! At least we won the war of independence! (Cork between Macroom and Killarney in the hills) Hines quality signig thoug[/b]

article-0-04C93A5A000005DC-636_468x323.jpg

Just in case you were struggling for one :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Sep 14 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How did Sexton play?[/b]
He had a good game, nothing spectacular but competent in everything he did. I'm not convinced that playing alongside Berne brings out the best in him since both are distributors more than attacking threats on their own - McFadden is suffering as a result since defences just drift onto him. I hope to see D'arcy start at 12 next week - then we'll have a better idea how Sexton can get a backline moving.

Yeah I thought he was solid, if unspectacular. His kicking for goal was fairly good and he mixed it up well. Went wide, kicked over the top or just went himself a few times. Not quite Carter like, but pretty good all the same.

Latest posts